Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowSam Docherty
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraEd Curnow
Interchange:Matthew CottrellMatthew KennedyJesse Motlop
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Jack Silvagni

Last edited:
Doubt you're the only one's doing it, but when you pick Dow, you're bringing him in from the sub role, so failing to drop an extra player means you've named a squad of 23, which might help us beat Essendon if none of the officials or players notice
23 player for the match sounds right to me. Last time i checked there were 23 players for each club named for the game. So how many players do you think need to be named?

Its obvious the small forwards are vfl.....owies,durdin,honey
Major issues with midfield pace.....clearances with no spread....its hard to watch such waste
Voss boss...with AH......have to properly diagnose this and then formulate working plans
It can be tricky.....
We will also need list dump....one more quick mid
MARTIN fit is needed
This group are quite good it just hasn't sunk in yet👍
Can take bomber in close one✔

Motlop is a second year player more than holding his spot in a dysfunctional team. He’s often up on the back flank and running forward when we get the ball. In time, he transitions to a wing.

Liked Docherty pulling a kick short to Motlop instead of blasting long to May and Lever. Yes Motlop missed.

Out: JSOS, Cottrell, Dow
In: Martin, Marchbank

Can win this if we improve our kicking into F50. Martin and O’Brien key to this.

Dow substitute again.

Hate dropping anyone but if we don't win this game the season is well and truly done.

Out: LOB, Moltop, Owies
In: Binns, Cuningham, Hewett

Dow 100% must stay in imo
What I love about this post Juddy is the phrase “if we don’t win this game the season is well and truly done”.

You still have a slimmer of hope. I have zero unfortunately. We have to win 9/11. Which team in this comp can do that? Pies? Port? Lions? Cats? Not us that’s for sure.

We have to win every winnable game. And then win 3 out of Port, Pies, Demons, Freo in Perth and Gold Coast in Gold Coast.

I expect them to shit the bed in many of them. Even IF they got on a roll they’d shit themselves when it matters.

Voss won’t be sacked on the Monday morning following a loss to * but that loss could well be seen as DDay at seasons end if he can’t/won’t adapt and the season continues to fall away …
They’re piling up but don’t think we’re going to see movement one way or another on Vossy this season.

We desperately need to up-skill our players and quickly. Should be implementing a new program in drumming into our squad elite disposal (+ some sprint training).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I love about this post Juddy is the phrase “if we don’t win this game the season is well and truly done”.

You still have a slimmer of hope. I have zero unfortunately. We have to win 9/11. Which team in this comp can do that? Pies? Port? Lions? Cats? Not us that’s for sure.

We have to win every winnable game. And then win 3 out of Port, Pies, Demons, Freo in Perth and Gold Coast in Gold Coast.

I expect them to s**t the bed in many of them. Even IF they got on a roll they’d s**t themselves when it matters.

Need leaders to bind together to will a team on and then the confidence that comes with it to pull something like that off.

Every team have players that are flying and then bringing others along (look at Finlayson at PTA, killing it) and then the team as a whole with them.
We have zero ATM and our skill level is shocking. Leadership is non-existent, confidence is low and like you said, we fail to stand up whenever it matters.

They’re piling up but don’t think we’re going to see movement one way or another on Vossy this season.

We desperately need to up-skill our players and quickly. Should be implementing a new program in drumming into our squad elite disposal (+ some sprint training).

No doubt the list needs attention but that is a constant with every team.
We have a core that any coach should love to get to work with.
Hardwick is unemployed atm and Hinkley is flying but uncontracted to name just two.
If Voss can’t/won’t adapt, a loss this week to * might spark some serious in-house discussion …

I liked how De Koning seems to be learning to Ruckrove/follow up from Kreuzer and it got me thinking, what with our need for a 2nd ruck right now, his being a shadow of his former self And his height - why couldn't Crippa do the same thing?

Changes are irrelevant until the game plan gets completely reset. Hopefully this happens by the end of the bye week but I'm not holding my breath
I’ll add. The player mindset needs to change as well. They need to play as one unit and support each other at every contest. Individualism doesn’t belong, ie. don’t kick to Charlie when his double teamed, look for other options. Shepherd for your mates trying to win the ball and trust or believe they get it out to you when you a running wide, run hard to create to either receive or create space for someone else too.
The team has lost basic footy practises.

I think despite the 3 revenant (cunners marchbank &marin) being underdone we need risk them to give this team a jolt. The team has near zero confidence and is on threshold that wont be easy to come back from if we dont win this.

Without the additions i dont think the team can get up for this.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a ripping last quarter from the skipper when we needed him. 2 handballs. Beauty.

His demise is strange. One can speculate about ego playing a role. His one wood has stayed exactly the same its not like he got figured out all of a sudden.

It seems like the want is gone.

His demise is strange. One can speculate about ego playing a role. His one wood has stayed exactly the same its not like he got figured out all of a sudden.

It seems like the want is gone.

Without knowing his average CBA attendances for the last few seasons and this my first guess is he's being beaten up because we dont rotate him forward anymore and probably didn't much last season either tbh but he hit a wall even in the Brownlow season - dunno. Don't want it to be attitude, it's almost too much of a dip for just some lost form.

I expect them to s**t the bed in many of them. Even IF they got on a roll they’d s**t themselves when it matters.
Gotta hope until there's no hope W1. Otherwise I would have given up before this season started on how I view this list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back