Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowSam Docherty
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraEd Curnow
Interchange:Matthew CottrellMatthew KennedyJesse Motlop
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Jack Silvagni

Last edited:
Actually I change my mind about this response. Why isn’t someone like fisher for example doing the run with role? Can we actually put some added responsibility on other blokes other than Ed for once?

Merrett would get all 6 Brownlow votes if we played Fisher on him.

I like you TBD, but that’s crazy…

We also haven’t gone to the draft much over the last 3 years and we’re void of NGA’s that STK raked in.
Durdin & Carroll = injured
Motlop = named
Hollands (inj), Cowan (named), Binns (VFL)
Rest are all talls and projects.
We’ve taken chances on more mature age rookies who are selected in Cincotta & Boyd.
Another 6 recent trades in also named, most more mature too.
Agreed. Shows me we are slipping further behind. We need a good balance in age groups but we really don't have it.

Merrett would get all 6 Brownlow votes if we played Fisher on him.

I like you TBD, but that’s crazy…
It was an example… jeez you guys take me too literally lol
What I said can apply to any other young player on the list. The point was that why is it always Ed with that responsibility. We should give it to another midfielder the same way the dockers did it with Serong. It teaches them the defensive side of the game and a different look on what tasks other players on your team are assigned to.

The fact Fogarty is still on the list speaks volumes of the people in control of our list.

I remember fogs first 4 games and was thinking ‘this kids gonna be my favourite player. hard at the ball, good handpasses, intent with pressure and run down tackles that stick. Not sure what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I remember fogs first 4 games and was thinking ‘this kids gonna be my favourite player. hard at the ball, good handpasses, intent with pressure and run down tackles that stick. Not sure what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He got carltonised…

Last edited:
Do the basics right and the scoreboard will take care of itself.

How many times have we heard this?

Picking Martin after being out for months and no reserves football is a joke.

Rewarding mediocrity and not rewarding effort kills confidence in players and players confidence in their coach.

The other players although I might disagree with, at least they have been playing.

Our MC selections are even more boring than our on field play .
Last week they went back to Obrien this week its ED .
I don't expect anything different on field as our MC is as meek and non creative as the team is at present .
We would have a weak midfield if it was Kennedy
Shiel and Setters out for them, we won’t lose it in the midfield

Do the basics right and the scoreboard will take care of itself.

How many times have we heard this?

Picking Martin after being out for months and no reserves football is a joke.

Rewarding mediocrity and not rewarding effort kills confidence in players and players confidence in their coach.

The other players although I might disagree with, at least they have been playing.
Martin played

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin has no impact with a pre season he'll offer nothing with barely any match practice. Desperate stakes happening here. We are grabbing at straws.
It is desperate stakes, you’re 1000% right, but we have been struggling to kick more than 7 goals a game for weeks and weeks. Our mids/rucks don’t kick goals either. The fwd structure we have HAS NOT worked therefore time to either bring in players or throw the magnets around.

Leave emotion out of it - his first game back last week he got 18 touches and apparently ran the game out.

We need some class into this team, this guy has it in spades.

Looking at that bench Motlop will play. We have been playing 3 small forwards all season. Have dropped Fisher for Martin. No other small forwards named on bench.

Cottrell will play too given we have only named 1 other winger.

Young 50 /50. Looks like we may need him with matchups.

Final spot will be one of Dow or Kennedy. If Young doesn't get picked both may play. If only one is picked I expect the other to be sub.

It is desperate stakes, you’re 1000% right, but we have been struggling to kick more than 7 goals a game for weeks and weeks. Our mids/rucks don’t kick goals either. The fwd structure we have HAS NOT worked therefore time to either bring in players or throw the magnets around.

Leave emotion out of it - his first game back last week he got 18 touches and apparently ran the game out.

We need some class into this team, this guy has it in spades.
He ran out of gas, not ran out the game.
Was not exactly an inspiring outing, looked way off it.
Has shown nothing to warrant a call up

The fact Fogarty is still on the list speaks volumes of the people in control of our list.
Comes under the clause of he must good as he came from Geelong sign him up long term deal.....

I hope we send TDK to Sydney instead of dealing with Geelong again !!

Agree, if we cannot reach an agreement with TDK and he prefers out, I hope we trade with the Swans, better player and pick options for us, possible a little easier to deal with them given Agrestia relationship.
Also seeing the siblings rise at Cats would be painful .

I have a positive feeling about this week

It's time to inject life into our season and to begin shooting up the ladder.

We’ve just gotta get that win and then who knows where we end up moving forwards.
Problem is, is that we need it pretty much this week and if it doesn’t happen then it may be to tough to get back from our current position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back