Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowSam Docherty
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraEd Curnow
Interchange:Matthew CottrellMatthew KennedyJesse Motlop
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Jack Silvagni

Last edited:
I love Ed he’s been a warrior but seriously this is why we supporters get riled up.

Binns should’ve been an automatic in.

Martin is so underdone should’ve been subbed at best.

I think we know where Fisher is next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree Ed has been fantastic loyal servant, but gee our MC are just so set in their ways which will be their undoing, slow midfield which Ed does nothing to change that.

Great to see Jack Martin back - look forward to him tearing it up against Essendon, might just be the bit of finishing class we need. :thumbsu:

Selection integrity is an absolute joke. Ed Curnow shouldn't be near the squad.
Are you kidding?? He slots in perfectly with our game plan of bombing the ball into the forward line.

It is baffling though. I was okay keeping him on as a rookie as back up if our midfield was decimated, similar to the end of 2022. I'm not sure if we're at that stage right now with only George missing....I'd much prefer to play Dow - even to boost his trade value. And definitely Carroll once he's back from injury.

MC have lost their freakin' minds

Surely we are tanking
Crazy vossy.

Manages to defy logic every week with the basics of selection and player positions. Imagine when it comes to more complex equations of the gameplan.

How can anyone blame the players for being fed up with this rubbish. And whichever players are supposedly standing up and “whiteanting” should be upgraded to the captaincy/leadership group for having the courage to speak hard truths in a trainwreck situation.

The fact that Ed is named doesn't mean much, even though he's in the '18'; but if he plays then that's it, I'm over Voss and co. And it feels like just another EPL team who sacks their manager, rinse repeat, how Arsne lasted 20 years is beyond me...
I think a complete fan led mutiny is the only way we will save our team. Take over the Board, and then completely rewrite the entire football department, players, coaches, everybody. Or the alternative is the same toxic player led temper tantrums when the coach asks them to run another lap of the Park.

It's our club people, they are all only employees, even Jack......

Another week of disgraceful selection integrity.

Paddy Dow busts his guts and best he can do is sub. Ed Curnow dropped for one week and then straight back in the 18 next.

Fisher and LOB dropped but doesn’t bring Binns in

Crazy vossy.

Manages to defy logic every week with the basics of selection and player positions. Imagine when it comes to more complex equations of the gameplan.

How can anyone blame the players for being fed up with this rubbish. And whichever players are supposedly standing up and “whiteanting” should be upgraded to the captaincy/leadership group for having the courage to speak hard truths in a trainwreck situation.

This 100 percent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only possible logical reason for Ed (apart from the Meritt tag) being back in is Kennedy must be a late out, but why would you name Ed in the side to tip off that possible scenario . Would have loved to see Binns, would be the perfect sun. Hopefully Fog(pressure forward focus) will replace Mots to regain some confidence at the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm okay with it.

If people heard the Ebert interview before the VFL match against Willi a few weeks back, you get the general gist that they feel he's not yet ready for the cut and thrust of AFL.

He's playing some really good footy right now in the VFL - and the match committee are no doubt well aware of that - but as much as we'd love to see him debut, I'm putting my trust in the development coaches to assess whether he's ready. I'd hate to see the kid get smashed just because we're impatient.
That would make sense if they didn't play Hollands for 2 months too long. They let an Italian greyhound run around with rottweilers. It was always when not if he got injured.

If they were smart they'd give Binns 2-3 weeks before the bye and then asses.

I don’t think it matters at the moment who is the last 5 or 6 picked for the 23

Broken record I maybe but…….

Game Plan is more important
…… I think in the last few weeks I have seen more intent to move the ball faster out of the back 50 - still need more
……. I still think our zone defense against the opposition transition out of their D50 is a huge weakness, we need to play closer to opposition (man to man) to force more turnovers
…… forward entries need more smarts, less bombs into the corridor, more hit up players and perhaps bombs to the flanks and we need our forward setup to have more marking forwards one kick away, less forward pockets getting out marked

Lol.
Keeping an eye on selection because the only thing that will get me to watch a game at the moment would be a debut from Binns.
Instead, Cowans and Martin in off one average game each.
Ed back in to underwhelm again.

Guess I'll check back in next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back