VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby, Dempsey and Guthrie best in that qtr. Toby came back from being beaten q1. Cam started to show his class with a few clearances. Dempsey excellent running up and down. They are putting work into him and he got through it well. Could have had 3 goals

Hardie followed up good first qtr to put together a very good half

other mitch was v quiet 2nd after strong first. I think GWS put work into him

Ted doing Ted things (love it) and got a bit of time through the middle.

simpson moved to wing and got involved more after quiet first. hard to make a judgement given first game back for a while. But not impactful with stats

whyte cooled in that qtr but still his best half for a long time. Goes hard that boy.

osca did some nice things

forster largely unsighted but had one nice play

of the vfl boys I love the way capron reads the ball. Elite. But his skills and decision making are not afl standard. Ham has gone backwards this year. Does not give right option. Great to have byrne back - love the captain.

1692411600932.png

Just realised this was on, what did I miss from the first half
A good game. Dempsey doing his thing despite some close checking. Guthrie warming up for next week (would actually take him off now and make him sub for tonight if they could!). Toby beaten in first but great in second. Both mitches doing well. Whyte best half for a while. Our ‘Flynn showing some class (he has a big body!) and osca really exciting

if they can keep this up will be nice game to finish the yesr

A good game. Dempsey doing his thing despite some close checking. Guthrie warming up for next week (would actually take him off now and make him sub for tonight if they could!). Toby beaten in first but great in second. Both mitches doing well. Whyte best half for a while. Our ‘Flynn showing some class (he has a big body!) and osca really exciting

if they can keep this up will be nice game to finish the yesr

How is Guthrie moving, does he have his explosiveness back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is Guthrie moving, does he have his explosiveness back?
Not really seeing that. Mainly as he hasn’t needed to. Getting the ball out just playing at a more regular pace.

I suspect they will be pleased so far and will come straight back in

Mullin's pace always surprises me, Dempsey will have to clean up his possession to be a regular at the next level

Another classy decision by dempsey after great pressure at half forward by a bunch of Geelong players. Good finish by Chalcraft

Toby will develop into a very nice ruckman. His follow up is elite. Nice kick from simpson to pollard for 2nd

Knevitt is an inside mid. I hope Scott doesn't try and turn him into something he isn't because he's obsessed with runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back