List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or that as finals approaches and the pressure dials up, we revert to type, as we’ve always done. And what of Rankine, he’s been in the system for a while, why wasn’t he favoured ahead of Sloane?

I think Rankine will play as a high half forward pushing back toward goal. I don’t think they have him earmarked as a CBA mid - look at the game he played against Melbourne as to where we hope he gets to regularly

In terms of Sloane - they did reduce the reliance on him in the middle over the last 6 weeks of the season. He was heavy midfield from round 6-15, not as much early or late in the year

I assume you watch the games. Surely you don’t think that Rachele or Pedlar were physically up for Sloanes midfield minutes this year? They looked shagged half the time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Given GC knew they were gonna have Walter/Read/Rogers coming through the ranks, they would’ve never considered that sadly

Ultimately it’s gonna end up a win-win, both Rankine and Humphrey are guns

The frustrating bit is Geelong (or whoever had that trade)
Should have been zero leverage for the Cats given the previously illegal imbalanced trade they got. I understand GC insisting on pick 5 and don’t have an issue - but surely Geelong could have been made to take our F1 and we just swap our 5 for their 7 and give the F1 for the Bowes trade

I think Rankine will play as a high half forward pushing back toward goal. I don’t think they have him earmarked as a CBA mid - look at the game he played against Melbourne as to where we hope he gets to regularly

In terms of Sloane - they did reduce the reliance on him in the middle over the last 6 weeks of the season. He was heavy midfield from round 6-15, not as much early or late in the year

I assume you watch the games. Surely you don’t think that Rachele or Pedlar were physically up for Sloanes midfield minutes this year? They looked shagged half the time

we can run more than 4 players through there. At the end of the year it should have been those 2, Murphy and Rankine sharing Sloane's minutes. Sloane should have been nowhere near the 22, he's definitely not physically up to it.

Should have been zero leverage for the Cats given the previously illegal imbalanced trade they got. I understand GC insisting on pick 5 and don’t have an issue - but surely Geelong could have been made to take our F1 and we just swap our 5 for their 7 and give the F1 for the Bowes trade

Sounds like common sense to me..what chance nohing like that was ever uttered from our clubs end

Both JHF and Rozee were targeted traded upgrades .....some would say, they sold the farm ....but I support that approach wholeheartedly

Only proviso is ....not when we were rebuilding, as we needed to many jigsaw pieces .....I do say now though, we're in a position to give up Draft Capital, for a targeted player
Also not the year after playing in w GF - imagine the angst if we started to dismantle our list in 2018.

The fact we got badly beaten in the GF and the cr@pshow behind the scenes is a different matter.

Bowes had a disappointing year in my view. Only played because his trade promise would have included greater opportunity. It's only my opinion but once Geelong get their injuries under control, Bowes is not best 22.

But we all know the trade had nothing to do with "that" player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed.

GCS need the equivalent of a 2nd in points for this year out of the 4 trade, and as much extra/future value as possible.

Points won't be an issue once they've traded Holland, Chol and Sharp.
Dont they have three NGAs in top 10? at 20% discount trade points those three wont get them enough points if they trade out their first. but they may well offload more players.

Nicks has said on reflection they did not use rankine at CBA as much as they intended
Watch for this to be corrected in 2024
Where was this said?

And if that’s true and on reflection they think that was a mistake (rather than simply realigning where they saw his best use) that’s a bit of a worry. As in how hours it happen and not be reflected on during the year.

I don't mind the odd CBA from Rankine if we are losing and need a catalyst.
But let's be honest, he's potentially a 50 goal small forward. You don't take that out of your forward line. Rachele is the one we need to be grooming as a CBA X factor mid. He's shown an ability to get centre clearances with very limited opportunities.

But let's be honest, he's potentially a 50 goal small forward. You don't take that out of your forward line. Rachele is the one we need to be grooming as a CBA X factor mid. He's shown an ability to get centre clearances with very limited opportunities.
Rachele and Pedlar both seem like natural stoppage mids.

Port just had a 13 game winning streak and have made top 4 off the back of their midfield. They have a makeshift forward line and a makeshift defence.

I think we are insane if we don't move rankine into the midfield for the majority of his playing time as we have rachele and pedlar that are also very adept small forwards too.

If we get that midfield right and to me izak has the most potential of anyone onour list to become elite, the rest will take care of itself considering the talent we have in both front and back halves

I think this is all nicks is referring to. bit lets face it he got virtually 0 CBAs after the first month

1693708446502.png
Rankine had basically nothing. But the 12/10% he had in 1sr 2 weeks shows there was an initial intention to use to some extent. It seems on the surface Dawson pushed him out, then when they started to use rachelle/Sligo less (opening opportunity) he wasn’t in their thoughts for CBAs (berry also dropped out but it appears sloane took that role- ie in that mix Dawson took most of berry+Rankine and sloane the rest as a more like-like berry)

its interesting how high rachelle/solution combined were the 1sr 7-8 weeks. This drop off was taken on by pedlar, an increase in sloane and a period of Keays (tagging role through that time mostly), then later crouch.

i think (and hope) the sharp drop in CBAs for rachelle and soligo was as much about young bodies tiring and them choosing to change their workload to manage form and the full season more than a change of intent around their role. I hope this means we see that rounds 1-8 show our true intentions and it’s a matter of building these guys up into seasoned players.

ideally as they dropped back Rankine would have had some more, just as pedlar did. It’s clear (he said this himself preseason) with pedlar they wanted to settle him in then once he found his feet and showed some resilience in his body they would introduce him to the kids. I think that period rd 18-22 he was visibly fatigued and that’s why they reduced those numbers but other than that he was pretty consistent cba back half of year.

I expect next year to see laird/Dawson (his 70% impacted by 1st 2 weeks so was actually 76% after) again leading the way but rachelle/pedlar/soligo all maintaining much higher numbers for longer (rach regularly 40-50 %, pedlar similar if body allows but maybe in 30s regularly, soligo similar. Then the rest get the scraps around that

Attachments

• 1693708263104.png
    1693708263104.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back