List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to see Taylor and Curtin traded, simply because I hate seeing talent wasted
I'd prefer we sack Nicks immediately & play them both.

Thinking about where our first may be in the draft, talk on the AFL website has Josh Battle being talked up as a potential Band 1! Surely that can't be right?

This is just the kind of thing we don't need happening if we are to get a top line mid this year.

Key difference is the players - unless specifically negotiated in their contract - have no say in when or where they will be traded

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And yet they ALL manage to get to the club they want

Thinking about where our first may be in the draft, talk on the AFL website has Josh Battle being talked up as a potential Band 1! Surely that can't be right?

This is just the kind of thing we don't need happening if we are to get a top line mid this year.
Apparently the AFL has randomly decided to start taking years into account or something this year and talk is Battle is gonna snag a 6-7 year deal.

Doubt band 1 as AFL have updated the salary thresholds for the significant EB increase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they don’t. Most of the top players do - role players but not all. Lillard didn’t want to go to Milwaukee but they offered the best deal (as an example)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Apologies I thought this was about AFL

I have us finishing 1 win behind them in my ladder predictor (15th overall)
Its actually crucial for us to finish in that 4th bottom spot ad not outside the bottom 4 if you are looking at the top available (ie not academy or f/s aligned) rated mids

Finn O'Sullivan (likely no 1) - North
Josh Smillie - Richmond
Jagga Smith - West Coast
Sid Draper.....US??????

If we finish outside the bottom 4, then the talls look to be coming into it and taking one instead of being able to get one of the best mids would be an absolute disaster for the list

I doubt any of their 'rules' come into it. Completely made up to satisfy whatever outcome they have decided.
Not denying that it will still be a lottery, but last year the AFL didn't properly index for the massive EBA, so everyone was a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back