List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Herald Sun's list his contract at 650k, with a max of 700k with the clauses so I'm guessing 650k is is max for his band of compo.

Band 3 is directly after the clubs 2nd round pick.

Band 2 is end of 1st round.
They list all their contracts like that, I think it is just saying it's somewhere between those two figures.

I'd be surprised if a guaranteed figure of 650k only got you band 3

They list all their contracts like that, I think it is just saying it's somewhere between those two figures.

I'd be surprised if a guaranteed figure of 650k only got you band 3
He's one of the ones they mentioned a specific figure in their description on top of the 100k band which is what I went off. Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 7.42.53 pm.png

If Gresham does pick Essendon and it's band 3 compo, I hope we match.

Dorodo has too much pride to walk away and they've got 2 picks better than what we would get.
If he picks the Bombers it will be the wrong call , he will not get a look in there midfield with Parish , Merrit , Caldwell , Shiel , Hobbs , Tsatas etc - so he will just be doing the small forward role with a spell in the middle every so often and the small forward role the already have Martin , Davey x2 , Perkins so he would have really produce to keep his spot in the 22.
To me the Hawks would be his best option if he goes , I also would not be paying him anything over 500k knowing Crouch is on 600K and he is no where near the consistency of Crouch.
If Gresham showed he was a midfielder which he should of by now we can't afford to lose him but he hasn't really produced.

Same goes with Hunter , he is average at best and has only played well off a halfback flank and we don't need him there when we have more potent players to use in that position.

Both players can impact a game but they don't do it enough.

I hope both stay , but really if they left it's not going to hurt us knowing Phillipou , Owens , Windhager are basically replacing them now as 1st and 2nd year players.

It’s not so much the speed though (although that’s not great). It’s clearly a fitness issue. You can see it on tv and at the ground and it’s reflective in some of his TOG% numbers. He just doesn’t have the tank and that exacerbates his lack of speed, because he just can’t find that extra yard of pace when he really needs to.

yet he's right up there in distance covered. I think he's just really really slow.

He's one of the ones they mentioned a specific figure in their description on top of the 100k band which is what I went off.View attachment 1803878
Yes, but they don't say how much of that was guaranteed.

He may have earned that much because he played every game, but because he was so injury prone when we got him their were big clauses in his contract.

This is why Crows were so shocked to see it land at band 3.

So his contract may have been 550k and an extra 100k if he plays 80% of games. Only the 550k would count even though he ended up earning 650k

There is definitely a full court press that isn't on the back 6 when it breaks down. That said against the Giants we were finding it hard to extract the ball and also struggling to win it back on the outside through pressure so lost both. We aren't a side that relies on clearance but not winning it makes our game effortful and means we are more prone to sides with good inside brigades getting us.

It probably is a hyperbolic statement but we look better when our midfield performs regardless. That said we lost some through poor conversion, some through lack of effort, some through system break down and most of all to sides with better personnel and systems.
You only have to look at the midfield stats to see they murdered us , Tom Green , Ash , Kelly , Ward , etc - but as they say stats don't matter , but when you can use the football like Kelly and Ash it just cuts you up and the backline gets totally exposed.

yet he's right up there in distance covered. I think he's just really really slow.
He is like a diesel , can go all day - but you only need to go for 4 quarters (2hrs), so a petrol 4 cylinder would do the job , just to get off the line fast.
Thats his problem no speed.
If your a beast and can break tackles and push players aside you can get away with not being fast like Cripps , Dustin Martin , but if your built like Johnny the post man you don't have much hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but they don't say how much of that was guaranteed.

He may have earned that much because he played every game, but because he was so injury prone when we got him their were big clauses in his contract.

This is why Crows were so shocked to see it land at band 3.

So his contract may have been 550k and an extra 100k if he plays 80% of games. Only the 550k would count even though he ended up earning 650k
Dan McStays contract of 600k a season also triggered band 3 compo last year so using both of those examples, unless Gresh would need to be getting about 650k a season for it to not be band 3.

Dan McStays contract of 600k a season also triggered band 3 compo last year so using both of those examples, unless Gresh would need to be getting about 650k a season for it to not be band 3.
If Gresham was smart he should sign a one yr contract , come out next year and knock it out of the park and the look for the big paying contract.

Very hard to work out what band 2 would be as the last person to get it was Lycett back in 2018 so I'm sure contracts would have changed since than.

Daniher got band one on 750k and as you say McStay got band 3 on 600k so it lies somewhere in the middle of those two but not sure where exactly.

All I want is Finn Callaghan when he comes out of contract. Absolute beast and has more speed than I thought. He will become a top 5 mid in the league no doubt

Good to have you on board the ‘Get Finn’ bandwagon Pup.

You can have membership #2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you are completely incorrect. 12 losses is not a guess.
48% of games were losses but we had the best defence in the league.
Stats does not explain even using your analogy of mids putting the pressure on upfield. 48% of the time this obviously didn't happen but still the defence held up.

Sorry mate try again. When our mids got beaten the team got beaten but.....

..... the back six stood up to have easily the best defence.
Would be even better if we had a decent midfield. Win the ball, it goes the opposite way.
Anybody relying on stats is basically deluded.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
You said every single game we lost we got smashed in the midfield.

So I’m just imagining that we beat Port and Hawthorn in the midfield but still lost? The stats on the AFL site are wrong are they?

Just face it. You’re wrong.

I really want us to move on from Clark. He is an inconsistent kick who can’t put away the across the body kick that isn’t in his kit bag.

Being on the list isn't being selected.
He was a better option than Connolly.

The way for him to be out of your sight ( which is what you want ) ,is to get better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back