List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Geelong are in a situation where all the best players are at the age of retirement - Hawkins -36 , Dangerfield -34 , Bilcavs -33 , Duncan -33, Tuohy -34 and they don't have nothing really to replace these players so they are in for a world of hurt.
Even Stewart and Cameron will be 31 next year and playing on into to there mid 30s is really not common in AFL even though Geelong have proved this wrong.

The surely abuse the salary cap by having side deals with sponsors like Cotton on etc , the reason they are linked with Bailey Smith , Essendon and other clubs rort the system as well and for this reason I hope they blow up the same way West Coast have.

The talk of Billings going to the Cats burns me especially when people are saying we will pay some of his salary - Billings no matter what people think of him can play , he was 4th in the Fairest and Best in 2019 , was promoted into the leadership group the following year and he has shown in games he can turn it on with with 30 possession games however due to injury , the last 2 yrs have been unseen and when he has played has been underwhelming - but it is now up to the coaches and him to turn his career around , you never know Ross might get the venom into his game that he needs.

By all means if we got something for him worth it take it , but giving him away for nothing is stupid because at worst he is very good depth.
You'd reckon if they miss the finals next year again there will be retirements en masse, well there probably will be either way.

They might as well have another crack at a flag next year if they can add a couple of decent mature players, something like Billings and Bailey Smith would top them up with a bit of class and run. The list looks garbage after their 28+ players move on.

I agree on Billings though, why palm him off if it doesn't improve our side. His trade value couldn't possibly be any lower in 12 months time, but he may play some good footy in that period.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 10.38.55 pm.png

NkQJ.gif

The (Current) Saints Under 23s*

B: Stocker - Van Es - McLennan
HB: Wang.-Mil. - Allison - Windhager
C: Henry - Phillipou - Byrnes
HF: Hotton - Caminiti - *****
F: Sharman - King - Keeler
Foll: Heath - Dow - Owens
*Sharman, King, Stocker all “overage” at 23. Dow is 24 (yesterday).

There’s gaps there, certainly… most notably a genuine CHB and in general depth, but there’s a fair bit to like.

Dow, Sharman, King, Henry, Stocker, Byrnes, Wanganeen-Milera, Owens, Windhager, Caminiti, and Phillipou have all shown they belong at the level to varying degrees… so that’s 11 of the 17 that are genuine AFL options.

Plug in the three draftees we’ll pick up and we’re looking at some ok depth for once.
We have never nailed down a top 10 draft pick for such a long time (Reiwoldt the last)until hopefully Max King and we have currently improved our list from picking up players that have exceeded expectations.
Players like Owens , Nas look like stars and getting into the top 5 of the Fairest and best proved it.
2 second year players were ahead of more senior experienced players like Steele and Hill which is impressive and with no ceiling on how good these guys can be with other young guys like Windhager , Phillipou and now Henry.

It is kind of unbelievable how we have put together such a strong young team with the draft hand we have had.

And no matter what people have said about Lethlean and Gags they have got the list in far better shape than before they came , I know it is easy to pick out some of the s/it have done but overall I'm happy to be in the position we are in now because I really believe we have a superstar in Owens - he is the first player I have seen since Fyfe and Dangerfield that will them selves to win the ball.

He may not be that slick user of the ball but he certainly makes a impact like Fyfe or Dangerfield.

I know it is easy to speculate but seeing these young kids play AFL at such a young age and showing they are up to it only goes well for our future.
Just look a Camaniti , no preseason , 19yr old and thrown straight into the seniors.

The better Butterfly version. The comments are so good.

Would love to see your internet history. Just constant streams of crackpot lunatics in politics and this shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The (Current) Saints Under 23s*

B: Stocker - Van Es - McLennan
HB: Wang.-Mil. - Allison - Windhager
C: Henry - Phillipou - Byrnes
HF: Hotton - Caminiti - *****
F: Sharman - King - Keeler
Foll: Heath - Dow - Owens

When I see that list I see 3 players who have really become a lock for high quality AFL footy - NWM, King, Owens.

A couple of others have shown signs, but so have heaps of others that never came on or stagnated.

Hopefully in another years time some of Windy, Henry, Pou, Dow and Hammer have joined that group and cemented a place in the side.

A few others look like fringey types to me - Stocker, Byrnes, Sharman.

A lot we haven't seen at all, so could surprise.

There could be something behind the scenes that no one knows about , but it would have leaked by now you would think.
Come to think of it, I can’t recall a big surprise trade happening on the final day of trade week. Previously, the media knows what to expect in terms of players come the final day. Most likely Barrett’s suspected secret player deal fell through without going public.

Stephenson showed very good signs early but in no world was he ever a star.
Stephenson kicked 39 goals in his first full season and earned 2 Brownlow votes. Ginnivan kicked 40 goals in his first full season (10 from free kicks) and earned 3 Brownlow votes. Basically identical.

Both had inconsistent subsequent seasons after bursting onto the scene. Both terribly overrated because they played for the Pies. Stephenson has shown that at North where he's had little impact.

If the Pies get anything inside the top 20 for Ginnivan then it's a huge win. Don't reckon he will be playing AFL in 5 years.

Stephenson kicked 39 goals in his first full season and earned 2 Brownlow votes. Ginnivan kicked 40 goals in his first full season (10 from free kicks) and earned 3 Brownlow votes. Basically identical.

Both had inconsistent subsequent seasons after bursting onto the scene. Both terribly overrated because they played for the Pies. Stephenson has shown that at North where he's had little impact.

If the Pies get anything inside the top 20 for Ginnivan then it's a huge win. Don't reckon he will be playing AFL in 5 years.
So your basically backing up what I'm saying. Showed good early signs but has never been a star or close to it.

Daily reminder that many people are stealing a wage, but none more than Adam Cooney 😂

1697547966311.png

Must be something going on because Barret has been going on about this repeatedly. He wouldn’t be feeling so strongly about if it was just a slight chance or a hunch.
He just wants somebody to listen until the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back