List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I was talking to Curtin’s coach again, says Norf are really keen based on his conversations with them and with what Dan himself has said (as per Pants’ intel), but the coach mentioned the Hawks are also keen on Curtin too which was a surprise to me.

He also reiterated other things that we already knew, in that the Eagles do genuinely like Curtin (just not at pick 1), and may be tempted into a trade, but they would only do it for (basically) pick 2 and 3 to guarantee McK and Curtin, as the Eagles aren’t prepared to risk trading down if they aren’t certain to get those two specific players. Even pick 2 and 6 wouldn’t do it for the Eagles if they did a three way with Norf and Melbourne.

Long story short, only pick 2 and 3 (McK and Curtin) will satisfy the Eagles for pick 1. I doubt Norf would realistically offer that anyway.

For me, JTR.
I’ve said all along ROB only trades Reid if he gets McKercher AND Curtin. Having just lost Brockman I think the hawks will be after Sanders or Watson ahead of a project CHB. I think they’ll look to FA to get one rather than the draft. Whoever ends up with pick 3 (Us or Norf) IMO should trade it to Melbourne for 6 and 11 as they will get Curtin and another very good player. If Hawks do have genuine interest in Curtin that’s good for us in the sense that it makes a trade for 1 more unlikely if we can’t get both those boys.
1698643272075.jpeg

I’ve said all along ROB only trades Reid if he gets McKercher AND Curtin. Having just lost Brockman I think the hawks will be after Sanders or Watson ahead of a project CHB. I think they’ll look to FA to get one rather than the draft. Whoever ends up with pick 3 (Us or Norf) IMO should trade it to Melbourne for 6 and 11 as they will get Curtin and another very good player. If Hawks do have genuine interest in Curtin that’s good for us in the sense that it makes a trade for 1 more unlikely if we can’t get both those boys.
View attachment 1842352
I get the sense from Melbourne fans that there isn't a lot of interest in a trade with North

Depends where on the draft. I like Roberts for a pick around 25 (I have him at 14 on my board), Patton or Logan Evans for a third rounder as I think they are quality players and undervalued.

I think Hardeman will be a good player but not a great player. He does a lot well but I don't see any exceptional abilities. I think his peak is around Duggan level.

Schoenmaker I like his kicking and his running but he has a few red flags in other areas of his game.

Hastie I think could be a real riser and may fall before we get a second pick.
Are there many examples of players who have drastically changed their attributes after drafting?
Only on my mind because he keeps banging on about it, and i don't know how good he was as a #1 key back, outside of that 1 game in 2018, but running bouncing half back flank schofield, to the guy who did drills on JJK. Does that kind of thing happen much?

I get the sense from Melbourne fans that there isn't a lot of interest in a trade with North
Seems like there are very much two camps there, a few are fanatical on Duursma but yes perhaps the majority prefer to sit tight. Again that would be good for us as Norf would have to overpay for Curtin and makes a trade for Reid even less likely.

We had one on our board today trying to spruik it. I heard a rumour we rejected an offer a week or so back so maybe it's mutual. Have also heard they like Duursma once Reid failed but so do we.

Probably offered 17, 18, 57 for pick 6 ‘but but but that is 2 first rounders for just the one’

‘equivalent to pick 40 for free in points’

‘We had to tin rattle hard for our picks, don’t want to give anything of value up’

Pretty sure 2 out of the 3 made up quotes will be as close to verbatim as possible to actual nth supporter arguments

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably offered 17, 18, 57 for pick 6 ‘but but but that is 2 first rounders for just the one’

‘equivalent to pick 40 for free in points’

‘We had to tin rattle hard for our picks, don’t want to give anything of value up’

Pretty sure 2 out of the 3 made up quotes will be as close to verbatim as possible to actual nth supporter arguments

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I do wonder what the reaction from Melbourne would be if offered 2 instead of 3

I do wonder what the reaction from Melbourne would be if offered 2 instead of 3

Oh I may have misread your post Baz. They enquired for 3, not vice versa. We're not looking to split the pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they gave away 2, all deals for Reid are off the table.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Definitely. There's only two clubs that can possibly draft with the current pick 2 IMO and at this stage odds on it's North for McKercher.

Last edited:
I would be happy to trade our future 2nd and future 3rd for a top 20 pick this year .

If we are s**t again next season which is more than likely the afl will give us those picks back anyway in some form or another like they did with norf when they were s**t and had no picks .
North had to put a submission in for the assistance package.
West Coast has stated in the past it is against asking for assistance.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Definitely. There's only two clubs that can possibly draft with the current pick 2 IMO and at this stage odds on it's North for McKercher.
Would love for Nth to bid on Croft at pick 3. Wouldn’t that put a cat amongst the pigeons. Need a KPF too.

Breaking Bad Explosion GIF

You would think the AFL would be obliged to for fairness and integrity.

Oh wait, it is the AFL though.

Would love for Nth to bid on Croft at pick 3. Wouldn’t that put a cat amongst the pigeons. Need a KPF too.

Breaking Bad Explosion GIF

Between us we could get all the bids out of the way earlier, comment on how the Dogs have all these top 5 key talls, turn the McKay compo into a more reasonable pick 9 and then both profit with later picks coming into the 40’s :D

Submission = rattling your tin ?

I believe we said we won't be asking for assistance this year . If we are terrible next year the new CEO might see things differently.

Unfortunately for eagles is we don't get academy or highly rated father son concessions so we will have to find another way .

Building through the draft also doesn't seem freezable when you 2nd rounder ends up pick 30 in the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back