Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The dream is he gets pushed out by someone, not sure I can see that happening though.

And because he's god awful everywhere else, he can't even have his minutes transferred to someone else. He's permanent ruck or he's in the 2s and we know he's allowed to play crap for half a year before any pressure comes on him.

And because he's god awful everywhere else, he can't even have his minutes transferred to someone else. He's permanent ruck or he's in the 2s and we know he's allowed to play crap for half a year before any pressure comes on him.
Yep, the won’t push him out comment was because we won’t push him out not because a player won’t push him out.

Best of luck.

Any word on billy Dowling? Had amazing junior numbers. Wondering if he’l ever play or if he’s a few years away? Any thoughts?
Also Sam Berry seems to be on the outer? I thought he looked quite good? Seems to be out of favour.
Dowling was one of our better performers in the reserves last year. I think a less conservative coach would have selected him in the AFL side just to give him a taste. That dead rubber against WCE would have been perfect.

I like Berry but he needs to develop his game so he's more than just a tackling machine. His form fell off a cliff at the start of 2023 and he seems to have developed a leather allergy. It's hard to see where he fits in atm.

Dowling was one of our better performers in the reserves last year. I think a less conservative coach would have selected him in the AFL side just to give him a taste. That dead rubber against WCE would have been perfect.

I like Berry but he needs to develop his game so he's more than just a tackling machine. His form fell off a cliff at the start of 2023 and he seems to have developed a leather allergy. It's hard to see where he fits in atm.

fairly confident he was playing under duress. He's the type that needs to be cherry ripe as effort is his one wood.

Hi all, apologies if this has been answered or asked 1000 times. Will the intra club trial be steamed?
animation steam GIF by Kevin Li

It is in Pt Lincoln though? Not at the club, could intact things.
Shouldn't be that hard for them to establish an internet connection, between their video camera (and they'll probably only have one), and the AFC servers back in Adelaide. Port Lincoln isn't exactly an internet blackspot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL Jon Ralph and Glenn McFarlane's player ratings for the 2024 season

Criteria: Prediction of their 2024 performance based on their 2023 season, expected improvement and role in their side.

Ultimate Player Ratings - 85+​

Nick Daicos 94
Marcus Bontempelli 93
Toby Greene 93
Christian Petracca 92
Errol Gulden 92
Zak Butters 91
Charlie Curnow 91
Sam Walsh 90
Jeremy Cameron 90
Connor Rozee 90
Jordan De Goey 90
Sam Taylor 90
Lachie Neale 89
Jack Sinclair 89
Jordan Dawson 89
Zach Merrett 89
Luke Jackson 89
Noah Anderson 89
Touk Miller 89
Tom Green 89
James Sicily 89
Max Gawn 89
Harris Andrews 88
Jacob Weitering 88
Darcy Moore 88
Andrew Brayshaw 88
Tom Stewart 88
Tim English 88
Jack Viney 88
Nick Larkey 88
Patrick Cripps 87
Josh Daicos 87
Cal Wilkie 87
Jake Lever 87
Charlie Cameron 86
Jai Newcombe 86
Steven May 86
Dan Houston 86
Tim Taranto 86
Rowan Marshall 86
Nick Blakey 86
Lachie Whitfield 86
Caleb Serong 86
Rory Laird 85
Hugh McCluggage 85
Isaac Quaynor 85
Patrick Dangerfield 85
Stephen Coniglio 85
Dustin Martin 85
Chad Warner 85
Oscar Allen 85
Tom Liberatore 85
No Tex? lol

I'd settle for never again seeing him standing in no man's land 15m off a stoppage or pushing ahead of the ball to assist the defenders in spoiling a deep forward aerial contest.
I'd also be happy for him to dial down his handball receives

Adelaide veteran Rory Sloane is back at West Lakes after his latest eye injury​

After yet another eye injury, Rory Sloane was at Adelaide training on Monday. So what’s next for the former Crows captain?

Don't miss out on the headlines from Crows. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Unfollow
Adelaide veteran Rory Sloane is set to start exercising again from Wednesday as the former Crows captain begins his comeback from a second surgery on a detached retina.
Sloane was at Crows’ training on Monday at West Lakes, where he walked laps.
The 33-year-old had surgery on a detached retina for a second time after he noticed he had lost some of his peripheral vision during training.
It is the sixth eye issue Sloane has experienced during his 255-game AFL career.
As Sloane looks at getting goggles to protect his eyes during his recovery from the latest surgery, he is set to ramp-up his training load this week.

“We know how positive Sloaney is and how important he is for the group – and it is great to have him back at the club,” Crows defensive coach Jack Hombsch said.

“I think the plan, for this week and over the next few days, is to get him moving a bit and doing some exercise. He is infectious and comes in with such good energy so it is good to have him back again.”
Sloane will miss the Crows’ internal trial in Port Lincoln on Friday evening.

Young midfielder Jake Soligo is back at training, but is also a doubt to feature in the hitout after he suffered an ankle injury just under two weeks ago.
images.jpeg-7.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back