Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Caller on fiveaa saying Clarke to be solely coaching Aflw and ex Norwood premiership ruckman Sammy Baulderstone coming from Glenelg to coach crows ricks
Will be interesting to see if the changing of ruck coach has any influence on our ruck set-ups... & ROB's hits to advantage.

Hi folks, first of all best of luck for the season ahead!
Just a couple of best 22 questions, how's m crouch job security looking, is he likely to be in the first picked midfield and stay there?
Also how is curtain tracking and is he likely to be playing early on?

Just a couple of best 22 questions, how's m crouch job security looking, is he likely to be in the first picked midfield and stay there?
Yes, and Hell Yes

yep Curtain is on track

does ROB mainitain full time ruck duties? If at all how much might his role diminish vs thilthorpe? Is he in any danger of losing his spot? (Fantasy related question)

Thanks!

how's m crouch job security looking, is he likely to be in the first picked midfield and stay there?

Almost certain to be starting midfielder round 1, our preseason training watcher (best in class btw) say his preseason form & attitude are better than ever. Ended last year very strongly, I would say better than I've ever seen him play.

BUT having said that, his form might revert to median any time, which is absolutely crab like at it's worst (see Geelong game last year, where he had negative metres gained). Backwards, sideways, slow to move the ball on, bad kicking, seagulling possession and no chasing.

So your "stay there" is a gamble for sure, but let me put it this way - he won't be overtaken by anyone for his spot, if his form is as good as late last year. Some players can play their absolute best and still be overtaken, that won't be Crouch. It's all up to him to maintain his new play style, and signs are good.

Curtin has everyone here very optimistic and impressed. Training reports are that he is beyond impressive for a draftee, and things like fitness & muscle aren't a problem. Reports are he is absolutely professional.

Has a little knee niggle the last few weeks, and if anything will keep him out of Round 1 it would be only that, we all think.

Debut early seems a certainty.

How the young man adapts to AFL and if he can keep his spot is anyone's guess. Optimistic and hopeful people around here think he's incredibly gifted, could play any position (even midfield) and his future is brighter than any draftee we've had for a long time.

Personally, I struggle to see any first year draftee of that size playing any difficult position like midfield or wing and doing well enough to hold a spot. But then again, if he can slot into defense and we can spare that spot for him, who knows... Even the pessimistic are hopeful for this kid.

My tip is to use WD40 on the curtain tracking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys,

Best of luck for the season.

Can you tell me if Wayne carey has put any weight over the summer, and is he likely to play any midfield time, or, is he too busy getting himself in trouble with the great Sir Ronald?

Hi guys,

Best of luck for the season.

Can you tell me if Wayne carey has put any weight over the summer, and is he likely to play any midfield time, or, is he too busy getting himself in trouble with the great Sir Ronald?
Which team is Wayne Carey playing for?

Anyone who isn’t blind can see that.
Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back