Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

This ^ would be sooo Daddy Donuts. A fat payout while he slinks out of town probably never to return.

An orchestrated conga line of apologists telling us how 'wronged' Kenny has been, his loyalty trashed to that

fickle and ungrateful mob at Alberton.
Bingo.

Ken's whole set-up is imploding.

Let it.

Firing him now will only allow his supporters to cry victim.

Allowing him to play out the season will show the fanbase and other supporters to see what a dysfunctional organisation it is and that there needs to be a complete clean-out.

Do you think the club will at any point defend its supporters?
Or is it happy with us all being painted as lunatics for wanting some leadership or having a difference of opinion.
Seriously their priorities are all ****ed up.
The day this administration shows that they listen to the fans is the day I teach a donkey how to play the piano.

The worst thing is, a win over the saints will prove nothing as they’re a vanilla, mediocre middle of the road side that won’t play finals. But we’ll still have to put up with a Ken victory jig and vomit inducing scenes after the game of “we did it for Kenny”.

Sorry, but I just can’t do that anymore. Cmon Sainters.

Throw in a healthy dose of belligerence sprinkled with venom he wouldn't be able to stop himself.

He's hated old school Port fans for years because most of us had him worked out a loooong time ago.

Deep down he's an arseh*le

Throw in a healthy dose of belligerence sprinkled with venom he wouldn't be able to stop himself.

He's hated old school Port fans for years because most of us had him worked out a loooong time ago.

Deep down he's an arseh*le
100%. I reckon he’s ramped up the smirking/post-match laughs this year because he knows we hate it. ****ing prick.

Used the term "a fickle supporter base"

Where have I heard that before?
Let's see how fickle Port fans are when 50000 of them turn up to Adelaide Oval after Hinkley leaves.

I get your frustration - and at times there are people within the Club who I firmly believe ignore the sentiment of the supporters.

But in this instance, the Club is well and truly aware of the dissent among the supporter base. This is no longer a white noise issue.
Hasn't been just white noise for a long time, despite their denial. I'm totally convinced the majority would've votes for his sacking for many years if it were a democracy. The atmosphere at our games has been toxic for many years now. Probably since 2017/2018. I miss hearing chanting and excitement in the crowd, not just groaning, or the idiot in bay 135 row R who thinks everything is a free.

Tredrea winning the board position cemented it, and he was not only just an anti-Ken vote, but had Covid no-jab people voting against him, the club actively trying to stop Warren getting on, and other Bruce fans no doubt making up the numbers. It was a monumental showing anti-Ken going up against all that and winning.

Last edited:

This is great it’s generating clicks , when do you ever see stories written quoting 5aa callers …

He’s gone

Man is that the first thing Richardson has done as CEO since Chasing Greatness?

Also yet another article with a furious defence from Kane. Yeah sure now the list is shit. Righto mate

If Gerard Whateley thinks we are savage?
Geez I wonder what his thoughts would be when we sacked club legend, Russell Ebert in the 80's for John Cahill who then goes on to win 7 premierships before our ascendency into the AFL.

There's a more recent example:

1997: 9th (10-11-1)
1998: 10th (9-12-1) -> Jack Cahill is fired
1999:
7th (12-10) / lost EF*
2000: 14th (7-14-1)
2001:
3rd (16-6) / lost SF
2002: 1st (18-4) / lost PF
2003: 1st (18-4) / lost PF
2004: 1st (17-5) / Premiers

John Cahill was fired after 11 seasons. As you've said, he had won 7 flags in 9 seasons (1988/'9/'90/'2/'4/'5/'6).

Then, he missed 2 AFL Finals and he was gone.

---

* It was actually in the equivalent round at the time.

My fear is it is such a boys club/syndicate/protection racket at this club that no way anyone is sacking anyone. They are all joined at the hip and a sacking of Hinkley is an admission of guilt/fail on all of them.
100% basically without an acknowledgement that the stability equals success strategy/theory failed, there can be no true fresh start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a more recent example:

1997: 9th (10-11-1)
1998: 10th (9-12-1) -> Jack Cahill is fired
1999:
7th (12-10) / lost EF*
2000: 14th (7-14-1)
2001: 3rd (16-6) / lost SF
2002: 1st (18-4) / lost PF
2003: 1st (18-4) / lost PF
2004: 1st (17-5) / Premiers

John Cahill was fired after 11 seasons. As you've said, he had won 7 flags in 9 seasons (1988/'9/'90/'2/'4/'5/'6).

Then, he missed 2 AFL Finals and he was gone.

---

* It was actually in the equivalent round at the time.
This scenario is a bit different as Mark Williams was always destined to be his successor. Also other clubs was head hunting Williams during this time so the club had to act to secure Williams. I felt bad for Cahill as he never got a fair go to prove himself at AFL level.

Hopefully he can read the room and get a grip on the fact that 95% of supporters want Hinkley removed from the club ASAP and that many supporters want his blood too for ****ing the club up royally the past few years.

Koch has zero ability to read any room.

He is not on our side. Don’t let him fool you.

I dont actually think the list is much chop either as it stands, but that wont stop me from being pissed about them getting thrown under the bus by a bunch of complete dickheads. What can it possibly achieve by shitting on the group like that besides feathering your nest as the joint being a perpetual work in progress?

How did your footy career go Chris? Kochie? Richo?

"Why don't we just pump the brakes a little bit?"

Nathan Buckley calls for calm surrounding the calls for Port to sack Ken Hinkley.

Yet kane attacks Bevo Simpson and they have been to 2 Grand Finals…Ken is getting off easy

📻 SEN 1116

View attachment 2029077
Lol, he had such a balanced argument, about letting the dust settle for a few weeks to see if this is just a patch, but then he goes:

"He's been a good coach, can he take the next step, well maybe the next 4-5 weeks will give us the evidence that we don't have already."

12 YEARS!!!! HOW CAN 4-5 GAMES TELL YOU MORE AFTER 12 YEARS!!!!!

Even the most rational argument is totally destroyed by its own stupidity.

Meanwhile Kane still on the let him retire himself bandwagon. Just get ****ed Kane. Ruthless clubs hunting for success do what they need, and make the tough calls on who can take them to success. Hinkley isn't a great coach and won't take us there. It doesn't need Hinkley to work that out. We already know it and should be moving on.

Asked if would just walk into the job, Carr says “I don’t think that way…there’s always a process..”

No denial that change is needed or will happen, just a disagreement about how
Except when you're Ken Hinkley and you get in off the back of an ex-player's text message.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back