Review Cats drop Bombers by 45 at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay - Dale Thomas is actually embarrassing and unprofessional during the call.
“That’s 50 as well, the cats are getting away with a lot here”

Bullshit. There was a few iffy calls but that’s all he spoke about for the entire quarter.
Suffer Daisy. He hates us. He’s called a few cats games this year and never has a single good thing to say about us. Sucked in.

It is. But it is being overplayed (as we do when we think it goes against us).

2E was definitely a free kick but I get why umpire didn’t pay it. 2E did everything right in terms of watching ball and got mostly ball. However he did chop arm at end. Would be paid most times.

I reckon Stewart holding the ball should have been paid too although I suspect the umpire thought it was kicked out rather than tackles. The other one (Bowes?) was definitely knocked and an not a tackle so correct decision.

In terms of rushed behind very frustrating hearing people talk about 9m and then 3m deeming pressure etc. rules are clear that the player needs to be under pressure and not have ability to keep ball in with a possession. Dempsey pulled back so no pressure. I heard a few comments that he doesn’t have eyes in back of head so couldn’t have known he had no pressure. Irrelevant! (And the 9m is actually for the purpose that even if under pressure you can’t rush it through unless you are within 9m. Has nothing to do with opponent is in 9m of goal)

Rub of green no doubt for that 10m period didn’t go with Bomber but I get tired of the constant blaming umpires. Even if they were all mistakes (which they weren’t) the umpires still made less mistakes in that period than the players!!
Aside from that patch , also notable the change in HTB - now almost no time allowed and a couple paid where player had zero time before grabbed. Despite that, I prefer this approach to where players get away with trying to break tackles and/or extended chance to dispose. Is safer also as tackler doesn’t need to bring tackled to the ground.

35. Patrick Dangerfield- This guy's third efforts make some players' first efforts look tepid.
This so much. Gee we've missed him. I hope he holds together for the rest of the year.

The space that opened up in our forward half in the third and fourth was a sight to behold.

Knevitt should get a run of games now. It would be unfair to send him back to the ressies without the opportunity to settle a bit and develop confidence.

Bombers 2 rucks had 57 hit outs. Geelong had 24.

Nothing interesting about it. We were smashed in the ruck again.

Dekonning at best will only ever be a second ruck. If we are to have any hope this year he needs to get back to full back and find form quickly.
He couldn’t find form for 10 weeks at full back nor all of last year (when he came back from injury). Great coaching to make a switch and he’s showing plenty of reason to persist in the ruck.

Bring Conway back in and let DK play second fiddle.

Dekonning at best will only ever be a second ruck. If we are to have any hope this year he needs to get back to full back and find form quickly.
Discussion forum - just pointing out what I think he could be with more gym work - plus he’s 18 months younger than TDK.
If he gets stronger and still gets it 20 plus times he becomes a very good ruck.
Still , I agree his best value is as a defender with Conway as ruck.

This is why I was saying previously if we want sdk in the ruck we need to be comfortable playing someone like Jeka. It worked on the day but Henry not playing loose intercept is just like sending him to war and making him leave his rifle at home

We're targeting the mismatch, it frees up ball movement. That match up has a flow on effect even if Henry isn't doing the damage.

He is just another scumbag Richmond supporter, who like the rest of them, when their team is shit they hop off and Barack for whoever is playing Geelong.

Meet him once and let's just say the elevator doesn't quite make it to the top floor.
Who is Ralph referring to when he said "We have lost the plot"

Screen Shot 2024-06-30 at 12.03.09.png

I normally could not give a rats toss bag about the commentating, but last night it was embarrassing.

Daisy Thomas was blatantly making shit up.

And Jobe Watson, holy shit, if I have to hear him call someone “Zachy” or “jakey” again I am going to spew up terry wallace style.

Zachy???? What is this, 8 year olds footy?

FMD

Discussion forum - just pointing out what I think he could be with more gym work - plus he’s 18 months younger than TDK.
If he gets stronger and still gets it 20 plus times he becomes a very good ruck.
Still , I agree his best value is as a defender with Conway as ruck.
What he could be is a very good 2nd ruckman who plays KPD and then gives the main ruck a rest for 4 minutes a qtr.

The problem with that is who covers his forward when he goes into the ruck?

It would be a revolution of sorts to play a KPD that way.

Still, I reckon that the Mc figures that it is easier to replace a KPD than find a good ruck. So they want to know if SDK can be a good ruck, then they will replace his down back if needed.

I don’t disagree with the logic, it just leaves us exposed in the short term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone needs to ask him how the tiges are going
I did

Lisa Kudrow Friends GIF

It's interesting how opposing sides view something like the ruck situation

There's questions from Geelong fans after we went in with SDK, while Stanley & Conway (not playing VFL) watched from the stands

And then I've seen Essendon fans be critical of their ruck set to last night, and questioning if it cost them the match by playing 2 rucks which seems to be something they don't want to see again

Some also seem to be done with Goldstein, especially now that Draper is back

There's questions from Geelong fans after we went in with SDK, while Stanley & Conway (not playing VFL) watched from the stands

And then I've seen Essendon fans be critical of their ruck set to last night, and questioning if it cost them the match by playing 2 rucks which seems to be something they don't want to see again

A decent number of Geelong fans think that Goldstein would have been our saviour.

You always want what you don’t have

A decent number of Geelong fans think that Goldstein would have been our saviour.

5-years ago he would have been a good acquisition

Not so sure now

We do have a tendency to blame the ruck when we lose and discount it when we win (myself included).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Goldy ragdolled and out-tapped SDK quite a few times. SDK better on and around the ground.

Didn’t notice that but his kicking is elite, guy is a natural footballer, one of the more impressive debuts we’ve had in years. I think he’ll do fine under pressure.
I agree that he is a good kick.i am old enough to remember the Kraeker brothers who’s kicking style was far from textbook but results were elite.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back