Review Cats drop Bombers by 45 at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpiring complaints are fantastic viewing... We absolutely got the best of it 10mins but a 10 goal to 2 second half clearly shows that wasn't the difference.

All it really did was highlight what a bunch of weak pretenders the Bombers are, the moment it went against them they put up the resistance of a wet tissue... And their fans know it and are terrified the arse is falling out of their season... Again..
So the umpiring is an easier thing to blame and face than their actual reality

Glorious

They forget conveniently that they were the beneficiary of a dubious decision with the 2MP mark dead in front. He never controlled the ball.

Big contract for Stengle, knew Anna was going to do very well for him.
I do worry about small forwards beyond 30yo, but for now we need him and paying his worth.

Also are we good now that we beat Essendon? People point to our top 8 record as a reason to say we’re no good. But we are now 4-2 :)

Cats recent loosing streak was hard to accept.
Posters here identified obvious problems.
Most here calling for changes to be made.
Jezza was roaming and Hawkins got injured.
Scott finally was forced to try something new.
SDK into the ruck Stewart into the centre.
Neale, Knevitt and Humphries all stood up.
Cats won and we here all feel vindicated.
Rapid development of Dempsey is evident.
SDK and Stewart have a new lease of life.
Neale and Knevitt will improve with games
Humphries shows there is untapped talent.
Hopefully we see even more kids get games.
O'Sullivan, Mannagh and Hardie soon, please
Team rebuilding is underway & here to stay.
Ignore those media wishing the Cat demise
Ignore the short term development pain
Cats future is exciting again.

What he could be is a very good 2nd ruckman who plays KPD and then gives the main ruck a rest for 4 minutes a qtr.

The problem with that is who covers his forward when he goes into the ruck?

It would be a revolution of sorts to play a KPD that way.

Still, I reckon that the Mc figures that it is easier to replace a KPD than find a good ruck. So they want to know if SDK can be a good ruck, then they will replace his down back if needed.

I don’t disagree with the logic, it just leaves us exposed in the short term.
I think we used to ruck blitz occasionally when we were playing him kpd in like 2017ish?

Big contract for Stengle, knew Anna was going to do very well for him.
I do worry about small forwards beyond 30yo, but for now we need him and paying his worth.

Also are we good now that we beat Essendon? People point to our top 8 record as a reason to say we’re no good. But we are now 4-2 :)
Essendon are not a good yardstick. They're in the 8 on an easy draw

Win or lose, there's been a certain anxiety every time Stengle blows us away with his brilliance, knowing it could be taken from us. So relieved that's not happening, for the team, and his own personal journey, resisting the St Kilda environment especially, and their money tree. Bird in hand, loving it.

Mannagh telling CS he needs to be picked today.

Hardie is banging loudly on the door also.

Next week will be interesting.

Clohesy over Hardie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to managh and stengle buzzing around in the same forward line. Not sure how it could be orchestrated or if it would work for us structurally

Love to managh and stengle buzzing around in the same forward line. Not sure how it could be orchestrated or if it would work for us structurally

Mannagh is a midfielder and should be playing in our midfield. You play him there and the three smalls forward. Im sure we will have a couple rested next week but in any case any of clark (obvious) connor neale can come out and id even do it for tuohy or close.

I've never even heard of Humphries.
wow his running was fantastic for a first gamer. He was gut running everywhere and he's got some skills.
His gait immediately reminded me of Motlop but endurance wise I'd say he has Motlop well covered.

Just my opinion , when i watched him move and kick just sometimes , i thought there was a glint , a tiny tiny tiny tiny little bit of Phil Krakouer

Re the commentary , i watched the whole game with the sound off , its a beautiful stress free way of watching AFL Football , utterly fantastic

Been a bit of discussion re Gary Rohan ( who i am fan of ) and Ollie Henry

What i would do , now Hawkins is out of the frame , i would play Ollie Henry at full forward , i watched quite a few games when he was at Coll , and they played him much deeper than Geel . They had him in a forward pocket , like a 2nd full forward , came on as a sub and kicked 4 goals for them in that position in 1 game

So play O Henry at FF , where i think he can be dangerous , knows where the goals are and can be a strong o/head mark , and play Gary Rohan as a half forward with a license to go anywhere on the forward line

Yeah, I noticed it, then he seemed to think better of it :laughv1:

The umpire saw him nominate and then just says "no Geelong ruck".

Someone around the stoppage has to show some leadership and take note if there is a ruck in the vicinity or not.

If there is not, just sacrifice the person least integral to the stoppage set up. Yeah they are most likely not going to win the hit out against Goldy but if they nominate they can at least stand in his way. If you do that when you are not nominated it is an immediate free kick against.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back