Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

I would tell Caro to EAD but I doubt there would be any takers...miserable woman.

I admired the way caro went after the Essendon drug cheats after all the other media weasels tried to sweep it under the rug.

But she's so hopelessly compromised on Hinkley. It's embarrassing.

Has there been a time during the past 12 years where you were confident that port could get it done no matter who we rocked up against?

Maybe 2014? Was 2020 and 2021 like that?

Just feels like swans and Carlton this year, lies and brissy last year, Richmond prior to that, etc etc just had a year or years where there was belief that you could beat whoever they were playing. Didn’t always happen but fans could rock up knowing they were a good chance of winning.

Has this been the case at port? Maybe I’ve just forgotten but feels like you could lock in a loss against the cats, the big teams of the year whoever that may be, west coast until recently and showdowns have been way more nervous than they should be considering we’ve been much stronger than them since 2019.

The only thing more inaccurate than Hinkley being under-paid is him being over-scrutinised.

So Wilson's point is we should be paying Hinkley more and questioning him less?

GTFO.
I think Caroline's village is missing their idiot. If Ken was on a performance based contract, he'd be owing the club a considerable amount by now.

This was the kicker from that article - that someone in the AFL (our new GG) thought that competitive winning at all costs was a dangerous idea , seriously this is not kids sport where participation is valued over winning...from the article

"Almost a decade earlier, then AFL commissioner Sam Mostyn questioned whether the brutal and unforgiving win-loss environment was a sustainable working model for the majority and whether the competition’s governors could work to mitigate the game’s punishing narrative.

Mostyn’s views were philosophically cast aside, notably by AFL Commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick, who remained wedded to the view that the game’s competitive ruthlessness was the whole point."

Wilson should be directing her ire at Koch and co for continuing the torture on this poor bastard.
What about the torture for us fans, who are forced to endure his game plan?

This was the kicker from that article - that someone in the AFL (our new GG) thought that competitive winning at all costs was a dangerous idea , seriously this is not kids sport where participation is valued over winning...from the article

"Almost a decade earlier, then AFL commissioner Sam Mostyn questioned whether the brutal and unforgiving win-loss environment was a sustainable working model for the majority and whether the competition’s governors could work to mitigate the game’s punishing narrative.

Mostyn’s views were philosophically cast aside, notably by AFL Commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick, who remained wedded to the view that the game’s competitive ruthlessness was the whole point."

It's... Professional sports at the highest level. Not an everyone gets a medal school sports carnival

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeepers Caro. The faker made a beeline to Sarah Jones, running faster than he ran away from the ball off the hbf for the Geelong Handbaggers. It was a deliberate act. Spare me the "poor Ken" beatitudes.
Wouldn’t surprise me if it was a strategic, pre planned scenario between him, Norton and Koch, with the broadcaster on condition we won.

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back