Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a possibility but not “most likely” given Freo’s run home

I think Freo and Bris will be top 4 with a big gap to Geel / bombres 5th and 6th.

I don't think we can win an interstate final and I don't think we can lose again and still finish 2nd.

Dogs and Pies games are huge for us. The others; WC, Norf, Dawks, Saints and Port not walk-overs but we'd start healthy favourites there.

Freo losing to dawks, bombres or giants away would be very very handy.

Finish 2nd or bust.

Yeah I dunno. I could see him getting carried off on the back of a stallion, like a knight of the realm
😂🤣😄
A bit tricky... and he looks more like Weiters...😛
Designer-54.jpeg

I think Freo and Bris will be top 4 with a big gap to Geel / bombres 5th and 6th.

I don't think we can win an interstate final and I don't think we can lose again and still finish 2nd.

Dogs and Pies games are huge for us. The others; WC, Norf, Dawks, Saints and Port not walk-overs but we'd start healthy favourites there.

Finish 2nd or bust.
Well I hope we win our next 10 games on the trot, but I don't think it's that dire...I think we have a little more room for error than that.

Bris are 6 points behind and have quite a few tough opponents so I'd say they'll drop at least one more game to Syd, GC in GC, Pies or GWS. Even Dons are no sure thing nowadays. So even if we drop 2 games we should finish ahead of Bris.

Freo are trickier since they're only 2 points behind but likewise have a harder draw than us: GWS in GWS...then danger games in Cats, Port, Bombers

I could very see us going 5-2 (dropping 2) and still finishing 2nd.

Well I hope we win our next 10 games on the trot, but I don't think it's that dire...I think we have a little more room for error than that.

Bris are 6 points behind and have quite a few tough opponents so I'd say they'll drop at least one more game to Syd, GC in GC, Pies or GWS. Even Dons are no sure thing nowadays. So even if we drop 2 games we should finish ahead of Bris.

Freo are trickier since they're only 2 points behind but likewise have a harder draw than us: GWS in GWS...then danger games in Cats, Port, Bombers

I could very see us going 5-2 (dropping 2) and still finishing 2nd.

Yes Freo are prone to the odd random howler (dogs recently) - but I wouldn't want to rely on that.

They recently beat Syd in Syd and Melb by 92 pts.

They're hitting form at a level which has them start favourites in all of their remaining games (in my opinion). I wouldn't want to get into that last 2 rounds needing to win both. It will only take 1 nervy loss and we've got a big problem.

The good thing is it's in our hands. Win all 6 and we're 2nd for sure.

Will be fascinating to see what happens with Cunners / Motlop this week.

VFL form couldn't be much better for both but who gets dropped?

Fantasia / Owies? Would be incredibly harsh on both. Fog is pretty much undroppable. Elijah is not getting dropped. Cottrell? Cincotta?

Last edited:
I am personally in favour of this plan. All those who say “aye.”
Aye aye, me hearties
Season 5 Pirate GIF by Pee-wee Herman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My opinion, we need to have Young learn to play along side Weitering and we need Pitto to support TdK and TdK to support forward, else we will be found out come finals.

You can say speed but they smashed us around the ball. Hewett for Cottrell may of made us slower but would have helped us when GWS got on top in the middle of the game.

Yeah I dunno. I could see him getting carried off on the back of a stallion, like a knight of the realm
Ok. Still trying...getting closer😃😂
Designer-58.jpeg
Couldn't get it to give me dark navy without it mucking up the name and game amount.:p

Will be fascinating to see what happens with Cunners / Motlop this week.

VFL form couldn't be much better for both but who gets dropped?

Fantasia / Owies? Would be incredibly harsh on both. Fog is pretty much undroppable. Elijah is not getting dropped. Cottrell? Cincotta?

It’s hard to know for sure from watching on the tele but it does seem that Cottrell took back his role from Fantasia and Fantasia didn’t play defensive half at all (and normally plays 40-50%) so I presume without having watched live that Fantasia played more of Owies role - if so he didn’t do as well so I think Fantasia makes way for Owies or Motlop. Best guess is Owies comes in and Motlop sub.

Other things could also impact depending on the injuries to TDK and Weitering. But if they play I would say Fantasia out, Motlop in and will be the sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Finish 2nd or bust.
I don’t think it’s that simple.

Freo in WA wouldn’t hold any great fears for us.

3rd wouldn’t be a closed door.

IMHO!

I don’t think it’s that simple.

Freo in WA wouldn’t hold any great fears for us.

3rd wouldn’t be a closed door.

IMHO!
Freo are a very, very good side. They comprehensively outplayed us in round 4 but inexplicably they'd stop every time they got to half forward and slow it down, even when well and truly out.

They've got the balance between defence and attack right and are hurting teams. Definitely a match up we'd want to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back