Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I will potentially going to miss the next 3 games I'm going on a cruise so I will need counselling ..
I went on a Princess cruise to Japan earlier in the year and they have Sport24 as one of their tv channels.

Sport24 did show some AFL matches so you might be lucky to catch the Blues.

They'll just throw Lobb forward again and he will be a handful for Young in a 1v1. How much he actually gets to lead into space though, I couldn't say, but the Dogs do like to rip it out of stoppages or via counterattack when they can.

Your Motlop assessment suggests you didn't even watch the VFL game.
They can’t afford to send lobb forward and leave the kids to take Curnow and McKay. Either way I can’t see lobb being an issue anywhere he plays. The wife is a dogs fan and she hates the bloke as inconsistent as his hair cut/colour.

They'll just throw Lobb forward again and he will be a handful for Young in a 1v1. How much he actually gets to lead into space though, I couldn't say, but the Dogs do like to rip it out of stoppages or via counterattack when they can.

Your Motlop assessment suggests you didn't even watch the VFL game.
What’s with the aggressive tone re Motlop? I really don’t get it.
Maybe we both watched the game and I didn’t think he covered the ground as well as others playing for the same position.
I’m all for discussions and people putting their point of view forward. But enough with the macho ‘ know more than you’ bs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s with the aggressive tone re Motlop? I really don’t get it.
Maybe we both watched the game and I didn’t think he covered the ground as well as others playing for the same position.
I’m all for discussions and people putting their point of view forward. But enough with the macho ‘ know more than you’ bs.
I also watched the game and wasn't greatly impressed with how Mots covered the ground, though that and his game generally were both a big improvement on earlier weeks. Not done enough for elevation yet for mine.

Got my brother BossLogic to make an artwork for the great man himself.

ea4c518b5bd5d86c1641b160cdc46f56.jpg

Marchbank more reliable overhead and a better decision maker…
I agree. Also a whole 1cm taller. But not looking near ready for AFL on his form in the 2s. Looks to have lost a yard and gained a backside. Given the extreme height of the Bullies talls I would be looking to Young or Durdin ahead of Marchbank, of them Durdin has been at best solid since returning to the 2s and Young pretty poor until last week where I quite liked his game. My choice for this week would be to bring in Young and if Weiters doesn't come up also Durdin. If TDK doesn't come up bring in Pitto otherwise go 1 ruck again but Young is an option to backup ruck rather than Harry.

Not convinced by either of these takes. Kemp has become much more dependable with the ball and is very sound above head.

Marchy has always been an iffy disposal, and the last time or 2 we've seen him in the seniors he's not been great above head either.

Debatable, but happy to pay that. Point though is, you don't bring Marchy in because we need height. If the call is for extra height in defence, it's Young or S Durds. Not that I'm advocating for that...

Kemp has played on the taller forwards before, he can do it. And at this point in time, would keep faith in him to do so, despite getting toweled by Hogan on the weekend.

Not convinced by either of these takes. Kemp has become much more dependable with the ball and is very sound above head.

Marchy has always been an iffy disposal, and the last time or 2 we've seen him in the seniors he's not been great above head either.

It might be more about the ‘trust’ that Marchy will bring. There is no way Weiters can ‘trust’ Kemp to hold his man and play the required defensive role first.

Nothing wrong with being an attacking defender but, that’s secondary to stopping your direct opponent…

Poster over in the Dogs preview thread says Weightman and Caleb Poulter in. No Busslinger debut.

No idea about the poster's rep.

It might be more about the ‘trust’ that Marchy will bring. There is no way Weiters can ‘trust’ Kemp to hold his man and play the required defensive role first.

Nothing wrong with being an attacking defender but, that’s secondary to stopping your direct opponent…
Marchbanks modus operandi is playing loose and peeling off to intercept, not being a lockdown 1v1. He's never been a good 1v1 lockdown defender and has always been a loose/3rd tall interceptor. In his most recent game playing in the 1s he was smashed 1v1.

I doubt he'd bring any trust into the back 6 at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back