Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes...tried for a couple of late tickets and best I can do is $249 each. Love you Crippa, but...

I had to get standing room with the family, I’m working on the basis there will be empty seats in dogs members area and sometime during the first quarter I’ll walk down and take them like every oppo mofo does in the Carlton members area at the G and Marvel

Reckon there will still be general admin standing tix if you look

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With Naughton out I can see the MC giving Weiters the week off to help those massive thighs recover from the battering they’ve taken this year.
Lewis Young was in our best and Voss mentioned him this week as part of our defensive team.
Maybe Cuningham for Orazio as I still don’t think Motlop is fit enough to get up and down the ground as is required.
Start Owies, with Cuningham as sub (perfect sub in my opinion).

With Naughton out I can see the MC giving Weiters the week off to help those massive thighs recover from the battering they’ve taken this year.
Lewis Young was in our best and Voss mentioned him this week as part of our defensive team.
Maybe Cuningham for Orazio as I still don’t think Motlop is fit enough to get up and down the ground as is required.

Voss could even drop Cow for young, and keep Kemp. Would suit Kemp more . Ideally would have liked to have seen Kemp as a 3rd tall forward if March or Young or Sam Durdin would have stood up earlier in the year. Kemp could have been that insurance to play forward , back if needed, bit of ruck etc . We have missed jsos .

Good to see Harry up to 4th in the coleman. I reckon he can come home strong and get 2nd. Kicking superbly.

Not sure a club has ever done the 1 - 2 in the coleman before?
Charlie would want to pull his finger out if he wants to finish top 2. Has a head start but the efforts of late are wanting, and the Suns run everything through King so he's going to get many opportunities every week.

Individual awards aren't that important right now for us as we have higher ambitions, but they are fun and every fan would rather our guy win it than someone else so I'm hoping Charlie kicks a bag at some point.
He does have a history of pouring it on v the Bulldogs, Docklands is his best performing stadium and after a week of being knocked around a little bit and having his effort questioned, I could see him exploding for really the first time this year.

That last part is somewhat scary, I think we'd all broadly agree he hasn't quite been at his best this season and hasn't taken a game apart like he did several times last year, but still has a multi-goal lead in the Coleman. Crazy consistency.

My only issue with that is that we've seen Weiters isn't a guy who comes into the 1s off a break and hits the ground running, he gets better after a few games and getting into the rhythm of the week-to-week grind.

Having a week off when not completely needed for Weiters could mess with is form consistency, I'd rather him continue to play

Freo are a very, very good side. They comprehensively outplayed us in round 4 but inexplicably they'd stop every time they got to half forward and slow it down, even when well and truly out.

They've got the balance between defence and attack right and are hurting teams. Definitely a match up we'd want to avoid.
I think they’re a lower eight side in reality.

5th - 6th.

I think we’d beat them over there & thrash them here.

One. Week. At. A. Time.
Then let's see where the chips stand, and go from there.
As far as I am concerned, this week is a 'must win' game for more than 200 reasons....
Absolute must win!
Not only because I strongly dislike those Dogs, but for our team's confidence going forward.
Are we really lacking outside pace? Or is that a cliche the footy world throws at us? Pretty sure we have a few fleet footers don't we? Maybe it's more about placement and structure?

Voss could even drop Cow for young, and keep Kemp. Would suit Kemp more . Ideally would have liked to have seen Kemp as a 3rd tall forward if March or Young or Sam Durdin would have stood up earlier in the year. Kemp could have been that insurance to play forward , back if needed, bit of ruck etc . We have missed jsos .
I reckon cow or kemp should go down and play wing for a couple weeks in the ressies then come back for Ollie. Makes room for durdin/marchbank/young whichever is best ready to play taller in the back and gives Ollie better competition for that spot + we end up with a much stronger wing.

Personally think that balance is much nicer in the back 6 and on the wing. Feels we are very 190cm in the backline. Cow gov kemp etc.

I saw marchy on the wing a bit in the last ressies game but I don't have confidence he can play there. Less than kemp / cow anyway

So I guess the team could look like:

Newman Weitering Marchbank
Cowan McGovern Saad
Kemp Walsh Acres
E Hollands Mckay Owies
Fogarty Curnow Martin/Raz

TDK Cripps Kennedy

Cerra Hewett Cincotta Boyd

Sub Cotts/??

Good to see Harry up to 4th in the coleman. I reckon he can come home strong and get 2nd. Kicking superbly.

Not sure a club has ever done the 1 - 2 in the coleman before?

Pretty sure Hawthorn did in ‘77.

Hudson got a ton & Matthews got 90 ish.

From memory Bomber Hendrie got 50 odd as well.

…..& they still couldn’t get to the gf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to get standing room with the family, I’m working on the basis there will be empty seats in dogs members area and sometime during the first quarter I’ll walk down and take them like every oppo mofo does in the Carlton members area at the G and Marvel

Reckon there will still be general admin standing tix if you look

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes ended up doing the same thing.

I will potentially going to miss the next 3 games I'm going on a cruise so I will need counselling ..
Might be ok D.D. if they have boat (ship) internet and you get 'watch afl' at $24 p/w.

Ideally it would be great if we had a lockdown tall back who can simply turn a key forward off - other than W’s.

Wouldn’t it be nice if Young could just do this. He needs a back pocket to stay next to him at all times - not allowed to kick the ball - hand off to Boyd running from behind as a 1-2.

Shame about Marchy but no surprise.

I’m a bit over the injury excuses for Charlie every time he plays average. No report of it from the club, stop giving him a chop out we expect better from him end of story
he rolled his ankle during the north game and i don't think he's looked anywhere near it since.

absolutely carrying an injury imo

Pretty sure Hawthorn did in ‘77.

Hudson got a ton & Matthews got 90 ish.

From memory Bomber Hendrie got 50 odd as well.

…..& they still couldn’t get to the gf.

Pretty amazing to think they won the flag in 1976, added a bloke in 1977 who kicked 100, and missed the Grand Final. The bloke who kicked 100 left at the end of 77, and then they won again in 1978. Clearly Hudson was holding them back

They'll just throw Lobb forward again and he will be a handful for Young in a 1v1. How much he actually gets to lead into space though, I couldn't say, but the Dogs do like to rip it out of stoppages or via counterattack when they can.

Your Motlop assessment suggests you didn't even watch the VFL game.

he rolled his ankle during the north game and i don't think he's looked anywhere near it since.

absolutely carrying an injury imo

Correct - was going to post that myself. If you remember came off limping badly towards the end of North game.

I've had an ankle injury like that. Basically a sprain - hurts like hell at the time but with rest, treatment during the week and good strapping you can sort of keep playing. But you just keep tweaking it during games and doesn't really recover until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back