Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 162 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely if perryman/ cumminng haven’t signed up in the next week or so they’re gone.

Gut feel says we’re a big chance to land at least one.
I believe Perryman will be going to Hawks/Port.
I have a gut feeling about Cumming, super exciting if we get him over.

Also I’m reading about people saying Luko is not worth it? Has anyone actually seen him play footy….
He’s a great forward, can play wing and even had a stint in defence. All rounder, he will flourish and has a heap of potential

he could use cleanh@nds
He might
Think About It GIF by EL DUSTY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer had off-field issues and issues with his team mates on his poor training standards and lack of professionalism, it’s not a great comparison

It’s also a long bow to draw to suggest that Luko being dropped impacts his trade value, Izak was dropped and we still paid a 1st round

I think we need to not create low-ball expectations, he’s a high end pick and talent, only been dropped once in his career and is under contract.

Minimum will be a future first and something else…..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stringer also was the leading goalkicker for a premiership club and three times led their goalkicking, was an All Australian, and was in their best dozen players.

Izak Rankine was dropped in 2021, in his second year. He played all of 2022 and had his best year on record before asking for a trade to us.

Luko has been tried in multiple positions and has now been dropped from a failing side at the end of their season as they try new things for the future.

IF GCS want to maintain he's a required player and worth a lot - well, they're doing a terrible job of protecting his trade value.

good point

we still paid a 1st round pick for Izak who was uncontested, so any suggestion that we will get away with paying 2 x 2nd round picks for a contracted player it’s just not going to happen.

I'm not really sure how you can say that. The value of a player that a club doesn't consider best 22 has been set before in a LOT of trades.

It didn't matter that Rankine was uncontracted, because we couldn't get him in the PSD.

MAYBE he's a late first - but that's really the same value as two seconds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back