VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Gus get a call up next week based on what you’ve seen form wise ?
Depends on if we rotate players or not, but I feel like it'll be sub at best for him.

Ok, I just saw the worst piece of umpiring in AFL/VFL history.

Ump blows the whistle for HTB after McAndrew lays a good tackle, then changes his mind & lets the Bravedog run away with it ….. after all the Swans players ran forward of the ball.

18 Swans players just let out a collective WTF?!?

Ok, I just saw the worst piece of umpiring in AFL/VFL history.

Ump blows the whistle for HTB after McAndrew lays a good tackle, then changes his mind & lets the Bravedog run away with it ….. after all the Swans players ran forward of the ball.

18 Swans players just let out a collective WTF?!?
Yea was going to say that was pretty funny and dumb. Guess it shows that the AFL umpires are the best they have because there is no actual logic behind that decision

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, it was always going to be tough today.

Corey & Gus clearly our best. Ladhams was serviceable.

Unfortunately, daylight beneath them.

Sid was quiet.
Francis battled.
Arnold ok-ish.
Kirk very disappointing.
Ditto Magor.
McAndrew may have played his last game for the Swans.
Green hasn’t progressed yet.

If they were awarding Brownlow Votes, Rylee Sanders gets all 6.

Well, it was always going to be tough today.

Corey & Gus clearly our best. Ladhams was serviceable.

Unfortunately, daylight beneath them.

Sid was quiet.
Francis battled.
Arnold ok-ish.
Kirk very disappointing.
Ditto Magor.
McAndrew may have played his last game for the Swans.
Green hasn’t progressed yet.

If they were awarding Brownlow Votes, Rylee Sanders gets all 6.
Think you should probably add a caveat for Green that he is playing as a FF and getting 10% ruck time but i think he has progressed somewhat in being able to atleast provide a target up forward. Also think he has shown flashes in his games as a full time ruck. Swap him for McAndrews role and get another key forward in the draft for 2025 imo

Think you should probably add a caveat for Green that he is playing as a FF and getting 10% ruck time but i think he has progressed somewhat in being able to atleast provide a target up forward. Also think he has shown flashes in his games as a full time ruck. Swap him for McAndrews role and get another key forward in the draft for 2025 imo
Yes, that’s fair. I meant he’s yet to develop physically - so doesn’t really impact at this stage.

My disappointment today stems from the fact that if you took the numbers off the players jumpers & asked an observer to identify our AFL listed players, they’d likely only have picked Gus & Corey (and probably Ladhams).

The rest just look like average VFL standard players.

Only saw the last quarter but Arnold looked pretty good. I hope he gets another year, especially given his 18 months with us has been curtailed by injury. Suspect though it might come down to him or Francis.

Unfortunately too many of our AFL listed players haven’t contributed today.

Kirk & Magor head that list.

What most damning is that of the top 15 possession getters on the ground, only 2 were Swans.
A Sheldrick - 12 clearances. Only stat that matters. He could make a difference to our slow starts, hands on the footy early etc

Best: Corey Warner, Angus Sheldrick, Harrison Arnold, Peter Ladhams, Max Geddes, Nicholas Shipley

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back