Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

We had no chance, we can’t play 2 decent finals in a row ever. Emotion only gets u so far

Last week was all on emotion. We have too many sanflers in the team and too many who can’t cope under pressure too many who shit the bed, too many with shit skills. We have a gameplan that has never stacked up yet we roll with it every year.

Out coached last night as we almost all our big games, same shit different big game

They will never win anything with this coaching group and this game style
‘Emotion only gets u so far’ ……spot on!

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I don't expect them to be making such a decision tonight though - not in the heat of the emotion of a prelim loss.
Over the weekend I would be surprised if a few tough conversations aren't had.
That was the weird thing about Koch saying that Ken is coaching in 2025 after the Hawk win.

It didn't involve the board which would mean he doesn't need them to make decisions.

Once again, the decision was made before finals which shows that the decision had been already made and he's looking for the right time to drop it.

And not even going to mention Ken's reading of the game.

Never felt so empty about this team. We can’t keep picking up missing pieces like Esava and BZT, makes me angry where stuck with them now. Koch has backed Ken for another year. But he can not be involved in list management. Playing Dixon and Esava forward was wrong but we had no players outside the squad that would have made a difference. We need a mini reset. 25,26 should be about getting games into Sinn, L.Evans, Lorenz, Walsh, Lord, Scully, Jones, Dante, Jackson, Tom A and all the new draftees. Offload as much dead wood Dixon, McKenzie, Clurey, MarshallX2, Narkle, McEntee, D.Williams and F.Evans. Only trade Houston and Soldo for right deal. I would keep Boak for one more season for developing training standards and leadership. Shit draft hand even after getting rid of fair few. But it’s all about development and trying to find some diamonds late in draft and rookie drafts. Eg. Houston, R.Gray and L.Evans

Unfortunately, Sydney putting the cue in the rack even before 3QT last night stopped the game becoming a blowout. They even missed a number of very gettable shots, after kicking everything in the first half.

Make no mistake, the result was a thumping. We were out of it from the point the third successive goal from an unforced error in D50.

Despite this, there were zero attempts to change anything. The instruction was clearly to bomb it long at every opportunity, and every goal we did score was in spite of this, not because of it.

Nothing has changed. He was guaranteed his job before the bounce and everyone stopped caring.

I'm so tired of this shit, man.

Choco gets treated like shit after taking us to 2 Grand Finals and winning 1 (yes, the other was an all-time embarrassing loss). Meanwhile, Donuts surpasses him as the longest-serving Port Adelaide coach with nothing to show. He even ****ed up our showdown record.

People laud him as the club's saviour, but he was the benefactor of a young list that Primus built. This bloke is a charlatan. Look at what happens whenever an assistant coach with know-how comes into the box. They're quickly moved on because ol' Kenny can't deal with a differing opinion.

It's the same old putrid game plan for a decade; bombing it into the 50 has never stacked up against top sides. It doesn't matter whether it's Port or another team trying it. But of course, it works against the shitstains of the competition, and Kenny heard one time that you "don't change a winning formula" and hasn't given any thought to it since

I wasn't surprised that we won last week; we had no Dixon, so they were forced to look for options in the 50. I knew we'd go back to the same old shit as soon as Dixon was named in the side. It's no coincidence that Todd and Mitch both play better when Dixon is there, and last night was a prime example. Mitch had no impact because they just kept bombing it in.

If Ken had any self-respect (he doesn't), he'd step down today, acknowledging that he's taken the club as far as he can. But I fully expect our piss week board to let him see out his contract and waste another ****ing season. I want to cancel my membership, but Hinkley's got me feeling like an addict. "But what if this is the year we get there, and I miss out on going to a Granny?". I'm so ****ing tired of this shit, year in, year out.

Sack Hinkley. Sack Koch. Sack Davies. Sack Richardson.

Give us our ****ing club back.

Even the numpties in the commentary box could see how futile the forward 50 entries were. To be fair to players like Dixon it's pretty hard to be an effective forward when you're forced to play markers up all game.

Sack Hinkley and whip him through the streets.
What the commentators actually think of Ken and his coaching is obvious from their comments during the game. All of them were ****ing baffled by our tactics and our refusal to change them.

The love in for Ken is just because the commentators don’t want us to improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to his presser, he just doesn't have the answers. He thinks there's no link between all of the finals failures. He thinks it's just a matter of turning up again and maybe it'll happen next time. He's got no idea and he has to go.

I meant to add the result was entirely of his making. He can't bring the game plan, he can't motivate the players and he can't stop picking his favourites. He's created a climate of the acceptance of mediocrity, and for that he is lauded by anyone not invested in the Club.

Make a change. Show fans & members you actually care about our future.

QF loss against the Cats - I'm just a figurehead
SF win against the Hawks - hangs $h!t on Ginnivan after the game
PF loss against the Swans - not a one person thing

Hinkley and Koch and the board are a joke.

Can they not actually sit down and look at things like this? Are we living in an alternate reality.

EVEN, even if he actually wasn't responsible for the loss, as the clubs leader you're supposed to put your hand up and take responsibility, shield people under you and deal with issues internally, it's just the right thing to do in such a powerful position.

He throws everyone under the bus and nobody bats an eye. Crazy stuff.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At an absolute minimum I want to hear there are rumblings or challenges at board level about Hinkleys position.

I just want the narrative out there that high up people are upset and trying to do something about it.

At least create some pressure around this fraud if he does plonk his bumpkin arse back in the seat next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gotta hand in a bent peg folks.
I really thought he was taking you all the way this year.
Kinda glad he got so much out of your boys last week tbh as I'd hate to have lost to Sydney or Geelong.

I still think with a list tweak or two he will have you right thereabouts next season though.
Maybe bringing in Lukosius to support Dixon will be all it takes?

Strong username to content ratio

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back