Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a big fan of Mark.

He dribbles with the best of the happy clappers.

You can almost hear it in his voice that he scared out of his wits that if we get a good coach, we will win premierships.
That has to be one of the most simplistic and ridiculous arguments I have ever heard - 'Stick with Ken because we know he can get us to the finals'. I clearly didn't realise that was part of Port's contract with the AFL.

Mr Aiston, the only certainties with Daddy Donuts are that he will be paid one hundred times his worth and that he will be asking for more.

2024 PF - Sydney v Port
Q4: 14.11.95 (1.4.10) - 8.11.59 (2.2.14)
Q3: 13.7.85 (4.6.30) - 6.9.45 (2.3.15)
Q2: 9.1.55 (5.1.31) - 4.6.30 (2.3.15)
Q1: 4.0.24 (4.0.24) - 2.3.15 (2.3.15)

2024 SF - Port v Hawthorn
Q4: 11.9.75 (4.1.25) - 11.6.72 (4.3.27)
Q3: 7.8.50 (2.2.14) - 7.3.45 (3.0.18)
Q2: 5.6.36 (3.3) - 4.3.27 (4.1.25)
Q1: 2.3.15 (2.3) - 0.2.2 (0.2.2)

2024 QF - Port v Geelong
Q4: 7.12.54 (1.3.9) - 20.18.138 (6.2.38)
Q3: 6.9.45 (0.2.2) - 14.16.100 (5.7.37)
Q2: 6.7.43 (3.3.21) - 9.9.63 (6.2.38)
Q1: 3.4.22 (3.4.22) - 3.7.25 (3.7.25)

2023 SF - Port v GWS
Q4: 9.16.70 (1.9.15) - 13.15.93 (2.0.12)
Q3: 8.7.55 (3.1.19) - 11.15.81 (2.4.16)

Q2: 5.6.36 (1.5.11) - 9.11.65 (5.7.37)
Q1: 4.1.25 (4.1.25) - 4.4.28 (4.4.28)

2023 QF - Brisbane v Port
Q4: 19.9.123 (3.4.22) - 11.9.75 (2.0.12)
Q3: 16.5.101 (8.1.49) - 9.9.63 (4.3.27)
Q2: 8.4.52 (5.1.31) - 5.6.36 (4.2.26)
Q1: 3.3.21 (3.3.21) - 1.4.10 (1.4.10)

2021 PF - Port v Footscray
Q4: 6.9.45 (1.1.7) - 17.14.116 (3.2.20)
Q3: 5.8.38 (2.4.16) - 14.12 (2.4.16)
Q2: 3.4.22 (2.3.15) - 12.8.80 (5.6.36)
Q1: 1.1.7 (1.1.7) - 7.2.44 (7.2.44)

That's one quarter against Sydney, one quarter against Hawthorn, two quarters against GWS, and a tied quarter against the Bulldogs. Four quarters won; one; tied 19 lost. Utterly pitiful.
3 of these were won when the other team had an unassailable lead and had put their cue in the rack too

That has to be one of the most simplistic and ridiculous arguments I have ever heard - 'Stick with Ken because we know he can get us to the finals'. I clearly didn't realise that was part of Port's contract with the AFL.

Mr Aiston, the only certainties with Daddy Donuts are that he will be paid one hundred times his worth and that he will be asking for more.
I feel like he would like to be relevant again and is doing what most media people do in Adelaide to get ahead and that is have a go at Port Adelaide in whatever way they can.

I've refreshed this thread more times in the last 48 hrs than ever before in the very vain hope that there is some confirmation of Kens departure or at a minimum confirmation of the handover next year.

I can feel it in my plums though....he's just not getting sacked.

The whole AFL universe outside of the media and the trolls can see how insanely long this charade has gone on for, but our esteemed board and footy dept cherry pick their data and cherry pick their media and will use those as confirmation as to why he stays on for "another crack"

Just like Rozee said, "one day"

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No senior coach in my lifetime will ever again be given this long at the helm of a club without recording so much as a single Preliminary Final victory.

And I’m embarrassed it’s happened at my club, which used to stand for the complete opposite of what the Ken Era represents.

Obviously all of the above goes without saying and similar sentiment has been uttered countless times here, but when you really step back and look at it, it’s complete ****ing madness that the club is continuing to go down this path.

Complete madness, and a totally helpless feeling.

Let’s go back to the factors that got us into the AFL. The history, the premierships , standards, behaviours, the general operation of the club, the people employed, the people in the most important positions and the flow on of how you visibly saw that played out on the field.

Who can honestly say what we continually see played out currently is a representation of the Port Adelaide that was the only club team overwhelmingly chosen and destined to enter the AFL?

We need people in positions that get us back into that way of being.

I've refreshed this thread more times in the last 48 hrs than ever before in the very vain hope that there is some confirmation of Kens departure or at a minimum confirmation of the handover next year.

The whole AFL universe outside of the media and the trolls can see how insanely long this charade has gone on for, but our esteemed board and footy dept cherry pick their data and cherry pick their media and will use those as confirmation as to why he stays on for "another crack"

he's here in 2025 unless he sees WCE is a more secure gig post 2025, or Fagan walks after the granny and he gets that gig

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon the intrusion

Journos who say he’s not responsible for the repeated failures don’t know the difference between responsible and accountable

“He can’t kick it for them” - no, but he’s accountable if they can’t kick it.

As you say, he’s responsible for the game plan, for developing proper leadership, for skill development. The players are then responsible for carrying it out - and he’s accountable if they don’t.

Amazes me how whole corporate boards - including yours, apparently - don’t know the difference between the two

Yes, I think the 'corporate board' malaise is something that exists across the AFL and not just in Adelaide. AFL Boards are full of people with plenty of corporate expertise but not much of an idea about running a football club.

20 minutes into the Sunday footy show:
-our turnovers were deplorable, Sydney got most of their score from them
-we were out of our depth from the beginning
-we didn't have leading up targets, just passing to static targets
-Kane says Boak & Dixon should both retire

I keep hoping to see chewy with a "there's a board meeting to decide Hinkley's fate"

😔

It’s a shame that the professional disruptor on our board has done exactly zero disrupting in almost a decade.

Maybe you could use the unclaimed moneys from the hat fund to book her for a guest spot at the club's next WooHoo team building away day.

Turning knowledge into action for real-world change sounds like something the club desperately needs.

1726964464510.png

Deals are never done at emergency meetings. Everyone knows the outcome of any potential vote by the time the meeting is called.

Hence, the absence of a meeting does not signify the absence of deals being worked on.

AFL never want big news to come out the week of the Grand Final - they want the news to be focused on the two grand finalists.

We could be waiting up to 10 days for a public announcement if it does happen. But I suspect they'll make a decision much sooner than that.

The silence form the club is deafening... feels just like every other failed season. Hinkley isnt getting sacked

Maybe we should be grateful for that silence? It could be broken by Koch announcing that Hinkley's contract had been extended beyond 2025. Koch has done it before and they just did it with Lauren Arnell who is fast becoming the AFLW version of Ken Hinkley.

I will begrudgingly put up with one more year of Hinkley but if there is a contract extension announcement I will melt out big time.

What constitutes a great coach?

I’ll repeat what I’ve said many times in the past seven years.

Hinkley is not a bad coach at all. He could have picked a career path that suited his qualities better, but he preferred the coziness of Koch’s Port.

If he had left us in 2017, gone to the Suns, and taken them to a couple of Finals; then moved for a stint at North and improved them, and so on, Hinkley would now be on his way to Perth before finishing his career with a spot secured in the AFL Hall of Fame.

No flags, but recognized throughout Australia as one of the best; a true Magician, a Footy Doctor, a legend.

Now, he will only have no flags and a bunch of infamous records on his name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back