List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not going to be a key forward at AFL level though, which is why he appears certain to drop all the way down to the 30s or 40s on draft night
Scott was a FF for us ....191 cm FF are normal

Tex is only 194cm & not really the jumper Tyler is

Same thing was said about Jack Darling in his Draft Year ...."an in between size, what's his role at AFL level"

298 games later ......

1728328582235.png

Scott was a FF for us ....191 cm FF are normal

Tex is only 194cm & not really the jumper Tyler is

Same thing was said about Jack Darling in his Draft Year ...."an in between size, what's his role at AFL level"

298 games later ......

View attachment 2134818
spot on and lime darling, welsh will look a lot bigger than that on field

also scott welsh was only 188 and nowhere near the size of tyler

Some players play taller than others too... particularly if a good mark overhead.
Yeah Darling definitely plays taller. I haven't watched Welsh, so I'm probably not the best person to defend his height anyway haha.
Feel like most would assume Darling was around 194-195 based on how he plays. He definitely plays taller than his height suggests.
Doedee is another who plays taller than his height.
Perhaps these players need to be labelled 'John Mayers' (Bigger than their body gives them credit for ;) )

also, anyone stressing over height needs to get a ruler or measuring tape out, and just consider how little 1-5cm really matters.
That discrepancy in height is absorbed (and then some) by natural footballing ability (making space/separation, reading the flight of the ball, timing, and good hands), strength, and speed.
And neck length.

Scorpus do you mind doing a depth chart with our list ?
Just feels like we should be taking a tall forward this draft along with pick 4 mid and Welsh
I'm not Scorpus, but here's what I have.

Depth Chart

TALL DEFENDER
Nick Murray
Josh Worrell
Dan Curtin
Mark Keane
Jordon Butts
James Borlase

MIDSIZED DEFENDERS
Isaac Cumming
Max Michalanney
Rory Laird
Mitch Hinge
Luke Nankervis
Wayne Milera
Hugh Bond
Chayce Jones
Oscar Ryan
Brodie Smith

MIDFIELDERS
Jordan Dawson
Izak Rankine
Matt Crouch
Jake Soligo
James Peatling
Lachlan Sholl
Sam Berry
Zac Taylor
Billy Dowling
Charlie Edwards
Harry Schoenberg

MIDSIZED FORWARD
Ben Keays
Alex Neal Bullen
Josh Rachele
Lachlan Murphy
Luke Pedlar
Brayden Cook

TALL FORWARD
Riley Thilthorpe
Darcy Fogarty
Taylor Walker
Chris Burgess

RUCKMAN
Reilly O’Brien
Toby Murray
Kieran Strachan

It’s interesting, had we got luko. , what would we have done , only had one pick or delist someone

I think so but I suspect we had a fairly good idea almost as far back as signing Tex on again that we were likely to miss out on Luko.

Rozee spoke about Luko back in mid August about how they were best mates. He doesn't do that unless they were the front runner.

I still wouldn't be surprised if over the course of this trade period, there is a trade out.

Surprised there is no talk on Rachele. Surely a Melbourne-based club would have made enquiries.

Also think Butts might have some interest now that Keane has been re-signed.

I don't think any of our midfield options would be of interest. I do remember part-way through this year, there was talk of clubs look at Dowling when he wasn't getting a game with us. He would be most likely.

Part of an "aggressive" trade strategy would also mean aggressively turning over players as well. The re-signing of Berry was disappointing as it limited how aggressive we could be.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back