Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the thing, there isn't a generally agreed list. The fact we are seemingly in with a chance of drafting Jagga says that.

Langfords form has been awesome, but I'm just not sure it translates to AFL
and langford didnt even get a run at vfl level did he?

Interesting !

You well could be right but it seems the club is sending out different signals to different people

Which is prob what they should do

I’ve heard Jagga rated 1 , Draper very highly too and now Langford possibly above both

I’ve heard Smillie!
Let’s hope they are putting out various leaks to keep everyone guessing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Certainly didn't light it up in the VFL like Levi Ashcroft, Jagga Smith or Jobe Shanahan that said.

Didn’t light it up but had some nice moments by memory

hopefully they havent heard that cos then it probably is lalor.

knowing hamish and his peculiarities it wouldnt even surprise me if he picks tauru despite our cries for a bonefide mid star
Nah, she'll be right don't think there's any Calder Cannons or Tassie Devils in our picks ranges...or maybe he'll go early on the Cannons Harry O'Farrell? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't agree more. I am a little surprised he tested slow because he doesn't play slow. Reaction speed, decision making, and hand to foot all seemed quick to the eye test.

I am certainly not off him based on a 20m time trial.
Not saying he’s as good as the Bont by any means but when he gets the ball in space due to high work rate and lopes along he looks about the same sort of speed

He actually links up on the outside way more effectively than someone like smillie and is a high metres gained type while still being an inside midfielder

Can someone with better knowledge than me - confirm where the line is for Tyler Welsh in terms of matching a bid.

I thought it was points for 46 + 64 * 1.2 = 518 points, which equates to Pick 36.
I think its even more favourable than that where it’s a 20% DISCOUNT to the picks point value bid eg 20% discount on 100 points (equals 80) is a better result than a 20% grossing up on 80 (equals 96), if that makes sense?

I had forgotten pick 64 gets any points and this perhaps even comes in quite a few picks with multiple picks between 30-63 used to match Academy (at least one each for Lions and Suns and Dons) and FS (Lions). Edit - at a guess could actually be more like 40 and 57 thinking estimating it further

So say we end up with pick 40 and 57 ultimately (after allowing for the multiple picks used for Lombard and Ashcroft etc), then that equals 31 BEFORE the 20% discount - or 763 points total. Now 20% discount on 763 and you get 611

611 is pick 25 so assuming my above math is correct AND as long as the variables remain intact (what our picks become ultimately on the night) then as long as Welsh is bid at pick 25 or later we can match with EXISTING points

I slightly wet the bed earlier today re this issue. Not a pleasant feeling and don’t recommend BEDWETTING to anyone else.

PS - have changed numbers a few times above so chance of some wrong equations as I multi task. Happy for maths experts to audit and correct if needed

Last edited:
I think its even more favourable than that where it’s a 20% DISCOUNT to the picks point value bid eg 20% discount on 100 points (equals 80) is a better result than a 20% grossing up on 80 (equals 96), if that makes sense?

I had forgotten pick 64 gets any points and this perhaps even comes in a little with multiple picks between 30-59 used to match Academy (at least one each for Lions and Suns and Dons) and FS (Lions)

So say we get pick 42 and 59 ultimately (after allowing for the multiple picks used for Lombard and Ashcroft etc), then that equals 34 BEFORE the 20% discount - or 553 points total. Now divide 553 by 0.8 and you get 691

691 is pick 28 so assuming my above math is correct as long as the variables remain intact (what our picks become ultimately on the night) then as long as Welsh is bid at pick 28 or later we can match with EXISTING points

I slightly wet the bed earlier today re this issue. Not a pleasant feeling and don’t recommend to anyone else doing this,
Coolio - I thought it was well below where he is expected to have his name called out in such a strong field.

We will be apples.

I had forgotten pick 64 gets any points and this perhaps even comes in a little with multiple picks between 30-59 used to match Academy (at least one each for Lions and Suns and Dons) and FS (Lions)

So say we get pick 42 and 59 ultimately (after allowing for the multiple picks used for Lombard and Ashcroft etc), then that equals 34 BEFORE the 20% discount - or 553 points total. Now divide 553 by 0.8 and you get 691

691 is pick 28 so assuming my above math is correct as long as the variables remain intact (what our picks become ultimately on the night) then as long as Welsh is bid at pick 28 or later we can match with EXISTING points

I slightly wet the bed earlier today re this issue. Not a pleasant feeling and don’t recommend to anyone else doing this,
Luckily they make things for problems like that

1728360940817.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back