Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

We also forced the eagles to split pick 3 because we feigned that we would use pick 11 on Baker. That is pretty aggressive in some way I suppose.
Ashton Kutcher Burn GIF

I'm disappointed but not surprised that we caved, but in hindsight I might be happy about it. Now we pick after West Coast, they can cop the month of Bo Allen going to them in every conversation here and every phantom draft instead of us.

Seriously though, pick 14 better be a small forward of some description.

Inspired Voice GIF by Apple TV+

Fine with that, if it was up to this board we would have taken West Aussie Dev Robertson over the overrated Victorian kid Caleb Serong in 2019.

In the unlikely scenario Allen is there at 14 and we've rated him as best available, great. If not, best available at that point is fine with me. Sounds like a deep draft and we should get a good talent there.

We have enough draft capital for a put of contract player. No one has been priced out of a player having access to all their picks
Exactly, Melbourne couldn’t get Cerra since they had no first rounder & just an F1 of the premiership team.

Next year having pick 18 & an F1 will be fine. We might have to offload our 25th best player too as steak knives. All assuming Warner chooses us & our smaller salary compared to WC.

Delighted to have another player who is willing to have a shot on goal, was driving me mad when Switta and others were passing off in the fifty and stuffing it up.

Shai is not as accurate as Walters but he makes things happen and makes the opposition nervous.

Freo is also building some nice accuracy with Tracey, Amiss ( it will return) and Sturt.

This is an exciting forward line and will win more games and sell some serious memberships.

Plus plus that if Pickett ever leaves Melbourne it will definitely be to Freo.

Already excited for next year which I would not have been if this deal fell over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're in the Warner game because he'll likely nominate us and not West Coast, primarily because:

1) We'll be contending, they won't.
2) He's got 3 or 4 good mates he went through Junior ranks with at Easts.

Draft capital isn't irrelevant, but also not as important as some are making out. We can use futures, and have some quality NGA coming through next two years. Set up very nicely to be fair.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
The difference in contract value is going to be significant. I am putting them in front for that reason alone. Playing with your mates is not worth a million bucks on its own. We really need them to be clearly still early in their rebuild even in the eyes of those of the meanest understanding.

Ah OK, I'm no accountant obviously haha. But it still stands to reason he doesn't take home less money by spreading it over 5 than getting it all in 4 doesn't it? .
I'm not an accountant in any meaningful sense either.

Not sure about your question, I suspect there would be optimisations that could be done but I don't think that you could manipulate the situation to that extent.

If true it would be a massive win for us

It's basically a year free

Surely Daniels reports this
To help, if it adds validity, it comes from someone who knew about his Richmond 1m per year extension before it was announced. I dont go too hard on rumours but this should be pretty legit

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back