Toast “Mark LeCras wins flag, you know what happened next”

Does Lecca call it quits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They should bring him in as a mentor/transition role, play ~15 games and use that to give Party boy a bit more time on the ground. Like Richo said last week, he plays in the toughest position on the ground because the balls never directed at him (JK/Darling), and yet he is a quality set shot and it probably the best small forwards of the last 20 years (30+ goals in the last 9 seasons he's played sans 2012 with the knee in a ridiculous output)

Transitioning role is key for a CHF/Forward pocket type especially because Lecras can run both ways and pass that onto the a few of the younger lads.

yes because Gaff is staying, Sheed wont be dropped.
Add Tim Kelly.
That would mean 2 players have to come out.
Lecras retire and Masten will be depth.

Looks at watch...

Sunday 9pm

Masten becomes depth, just over 24 hrs after becoming a premiership player.

Fair effort HT, fair effort indeed.

someones gonna be dropped.. Only talking reality.
Whats the problem?

Andrew Gaff and Tim Kelly to add in. Shep too. So Schofield most likely to come out.

Sorry, replied to the wrong post. Here's what I originally said (I think you missed it):

Well, given 2017 was a down year for Lecca due to injuries, I doubt he's just suddenly going to decline now as a result of age. His body is holding up pretty well.

Mitchell had sfa mid minutes in hus last years at hawthorn - he was playing off a hbf with a bit of rotating through

Still, him, Lewis and Hodge were going through the midfield.

Bit odd that you're all acting like LeGod just had a year like Pridda's last one, which is so far from the truth it isn't funny. Who offers more then him? Oscar? Waterman? Cameron (if we draft him)? None would provide the same output as him, and they couldn't offer the same leadership. It can't be because he doesn't apply enough pressure, given he averaged the second most tackles of all our small forwards (in fact he had more then Rioli, who played an additional game), so why should we replace him?

Agree that it’s challenging as to who replaces him from our current list.

Waterman is listed but is a different size to Lecca. Maybe through the draft we look at someone like Ben Sokol from Subi to be a direct replacement

Sorry, replied to the wrong post. Here's what I originally said (I think you missed it):

Well, given 2017 was a down year for Lecca due to injuries, I doubt he's just suddenly going to decline now as a result of age. His body is holding up pretty well.

Still, him, Lewis and Hodge were going through the midfield.
He may not even want to go on, could see him being happy with what he's achieved and retiring to go fishing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that it’s challenging as to who replaces him from our current list.

Waterman is listed but is a different size to Lecca. Maybe through the draft we look at someone like Ben Sokol from Subi to be a direct replacement
Think Oscar Allen would be a good replacement. He's mobile and skilled enough and gives us another marking target (like Lecras used to be).
Leaves Rioli, Cripps, Ryan and DV to rotate through our small forward spots.

I personally think he goes around one more year.

With Ryan and Rioli emerging and Kennedy and Darling being at their apex's, he can enjoy not being THE focal point in the forward line for one more year. Can still turn a game every once in a while.

yes because Gaff is staying, Sheed wont be dropped.
Add Tim Kelly.
That would mean 2 players have to come out.
Lecras retire and Masten will be depth.
Steady there Tiger
You have no perception as to the number of top 25 players you require to win a premiership
How often has a team had its top 22 players on the field at one time in the last 2 decades
I suggest none
You continue to make foolish comments about Masten
Give it a rest

Are we not fielding a stand alone wafl team next year? We need guys like lecca around

Guys like lecca do not grow on trees. We're a better side with him, he's a leader, the players love him, we should ALL want him to stay. Force our younger guys to take his spot away from him, rather than winning it by default.

Has already said he'd prefer to play on.."why wouldn't you after that..?" - Lecca.
He's one of the best forwards going, when he's on, or not injured..
Had a quiet game in GF, but was still doing all the defensive/role stuff..
Also has a bung hand/wrist...
Same with Jetta who was quiet, then revealed had a calf strain in 1st qtr, played through pain whole match.
Many things we don't know...

I think he should stay on (if he wants to) but, as others have said, he and Simmo/the match committee need to be realistic if his form tapers and send him to the WAFL and also be willing to rest him from some flights/not play him injured and get some games into more youngsters. He has been playing injured again and still had a 30+ goal year. Worst case scenario, he is great depth but personally think he has a place in the team form permitting. Who knows what the form of Ryan and Rioli will be next year. Who knows what injuries may transpire. We need depth and he is still performing, albeit not at his previously elite levels.

Are we the first team to win a premiership loaded with depth players? Masten, Sheed, Vardy etc.
The same dickheads who wanted Simpson gone, who hated Jetta, who doubted Ryan and thought Duggan was bust, consider pretty much everyone a depth player.

We have some rolled gold flogs as fans.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's a factor or not, but there were some rumours going around that he didn't want to play for East Perth. Now that we look more likely to just have a WCE reserves side, Lec might not mind playing some games in the WAFL so that guys like Oscar can get their chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast “Mark LeCras wins flag, you know what happened next”

Back