Toast “Mark LeCras wins flag, you know what happened next”

Does Lecca call it quits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be great for him to go around again as long as the MC are either willing to rest him/play him in the 2's when he needs a break from AFL. As others have said if we can get ~15 or so games from him then that would be fantastic. Save him getting on a plane every now and then.
We do have a number of younger blokes who can potentially play his position and we don't want hold them out if LeClass loses form.

Priddis retiring was one of the catalysts for the improvements this year leading to the premiership but I'd hate to have another club champion have to go through the media $#itstorm that Pridda did.

Great servant of the club. Started the season well and finished off as a contributor, but his days of starring are gone. I'd like to see us continue to pump games into Waterman, Petch, and I think Ryan, Willie and Venners provide enough up forward to cover Lecca anyway. With JK and Darling there, we should have enough experience. If he's willing to WAFL, then happy to keep him going, but I'd like to see him go out on top!

Last edited:
Jarrod Cameron will come in for Lecras.
Tim Kelly for Gaff if hes going which would most likely be Mastens spot in the team now.

Why i say this is because of the likelihood of Rory Lobb playing 50/50 as a Ruck Fwd.
JK, JD and Lobb is tall enough. This is very real. Whats gonna happen when Nic Nat comes back?
Oscar Allen hopefully becomes Fyfe/Yeo like.
Jake Waterman really is up against it. Can he become Embley like? Lobb comes in, then still having Oscar Allen, Brander and NN to come back.

im in Dynasty mode. And with Optus Stadium and Lathlain dimensions equivalent of the MCG its very possible.

The same people called for Hurn to step down as captain last year.
I preferred Shuey to Hurn as captain at the start of the year, but was right behind the other players mentioned.

Not sure if I’m a flog or not...

The same dickheads who wanted Simpson gone, who hated Jetta, who doubted Ryan and thought Duggan was bust, consider pretty much everyone a depth player.

We have some rolled gold flogs as fans.
I think you forgot Masten.....and Sheed.
Harsh criticism indeed?
(I read somewhere that in the tumultuous 'BF World', people are allowed to express their opinions
even if they are wrong or differ to the governing majority or indeed your own opinion.)
(dreaming of course)

Last edited:
I have always had a soft spot for Lecca, and I am so damn happy he got his premiership medal.

I tend to re-watch most of our games and there were so many times this year that I thought he had a shocker but then on the re-watch I see a lot of good Lecras things that I missed the first time.

He has played a different role this year - he has been moved all over the park, often coming in off the back of the square, and has obviously been told to apply pressure like a madman. His tackling, 1%ers, score assists and general harassment of the ball carrier have been great. He is no longer just looking for the cheapie over the back. But he still bagged 32 goals (4th on our list), some of which were very important.

Happy for him to go around again and expect he will play 12-15 games, missing some due to injury/resting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lecca has been a great player for us for a long time and getting the flag is very deserving for him.
I think it's time to move on though, he just doesn't strike me as the type of guy who wants to play a bit role in and out of the side.
Maybe a one year contract and help the boys develop in the reserves they may be able to talk him into it. Money talks of course.
But he is a West Perth boy through and through and if he is told his spot is no certainty I can see him him retire and play for West perth.

He's out of contract, 31, has younger guys staring down his position, but most importantly, he is a premiership player. Over 200 games & 400 goals over 14 seasons. All Australian in 2010, premiership player in 2018.

I couldn't be happier about his premiership medal, he deserves it. I won't lie, I reckon he had a shocker yesterday. Not to spoil the party, that's just my analysis.

Now that he's made it, does he retire on a high? He has nothing left to give, nothing to prove, nothing higher to win. Is this the end of a club legend?

He didn't get much of it but his pressure was fantastic. Only given 5 tackles but he was always there scrambling on the ground holding it in the forward line (a real team focus these days from the forward line). Got a bad bounce when I thought he had a goal beckoning and Redden took one out of his hands in the 3rd when he could have a snap. Playing a different role now so he is not going to be the goal machine of the past. Got a rating of 3 in the paper for his game, very unfair, Sidebottom 14 possessions as a outside midfielder got 5 .

Saying that I think he should go out on a high. Wouldn't like to see him playing reserves at the end of next year

Lecca has been a great player for us for a long time and getting the flag is very deserving for him.
I think it's time to move on though, he just doesn't strike me as the type of guy who wants to play a bit role in and out of the side.
Maybe a one year contract and help the boys develop in the reserves they may be able to talk him into it. Money talks of course.
But he is a West Perth boy through and through and if he is told his spot is no certainty I can see him him retire and play for West perth.
Like Priddis, I don't see him playing on in the WAFL once he's done in the AFL. Also with his age in consideration.
Usually players that retire on their own terms (i.e. not delisted) don't end up playing in the WAFL afterwards.

If he doesn't have the "promise" of a regular spot in the AFL after a pretty distinguished career, I don't think he'd go around another season where he has to compete for his spot.
It wouldn't be the nicest way to end his career, to basically be phased out in the limelight of his career like a few other players. He'd want to retire as a best 22 player imo.

Unless he is prepared to not play every game in the ones I think he should hang them up.
Will be remembered as a great and successful player so should feel proud and happy if he does call it quits.

We have seen how important it is to get games into the youth and we have a many waiting for a proper crack at it.

LeCras is an absolute legend of this club who gave us something to smile about in our darkest years, and I'm so ****ing happy that he wound up a premiership player. If he played on next year I reckon he would be able to contribute at least as much as he has the last couple and I wouldn't be unhappy if he stayed. Having said that, teams always need to be regenerating from within and I think his spot in the 22 is one of the more obvious ones that we can use to start giving games to the plethora of young guys we have underneath that look like they could turn into decent AFL players.

Would be great for him to go around again as long as the MC are either willing to rest him/play him in the 2's when he needs a break from AFL. As others have said if we can get ~15 or so games from him then that would be fantastic. Save him getting on a plane every now and then.
We do have a number of younger blokes who can potentially play his position and we don't want hold them out if LeClass loses form.

Priddis retiring was one of the catalysts for the improvements this year leading to the premiership but I'd hate to have another club champion have to go through the media $#itstorm that Pridda did.

he gives plenty of leadership on the field -we have plenty fo young forwards to benifit from this.
Another year for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast “Mark LeCras wins flag, you know what happened next”

Back