Preview ‪1st SF - Geelong vs Sydney, Friday 15th September, 7:50pm @ MCG ‬

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to 7 news - the review from Scott was as brutal as it's been in his time and took a number of senior players by surprise. So while he can be measured in front of the media, seems he was forthright with the players and didn't hold back - I guess the first 5 minutes Friday night will tell us a lot about the players if that is the case

According to 7 news - the review from Scott was as brutal as it's been in his time and took a number of senior players by surprise. So while he can be measured in front of the media, seems he was forthright with the players and didn't hold back - I guess the first 5 minutes Friday night will tell us a lot about the players if that is the case

Hope's that closer to the truth than when they said on 10 News that we were going to back our game plan in as we think it'll still stand up in finals, when recent history will beg to differ.

Hope's that closer to the truth than when they said on 10 News that we were going to back our game plan in as we think it'll still stand up in finals, when recent history will beg to differ.
im hearing attitude will be different this friday - totally different
add to that players are playing for their careersand potentially their last game

How would 7News know that? :huh: Just confused that Scott is measured in front of media and the same media have said his review was brutal haha :thumbsu:

add to that players are playing for their careersand potentially their last game

Yes but why wasn't the attitude better on Fri?

If it's so easy to chop and change their collective attitudes they'd be winning every week.

How would 7News know that? :huh: Just confused that Scott is measured in front of media and the same media have said his review was brutal haha :thumbsu:

Might've been the same source Garry Lyon had when he was told we were the most focused the source had ever seen last week.

I'm just hoping that he was as brutal on himself when he reviewed his own performance.

Putting fitness concerns to one side, huge ask for Cockatoo to play well. He has barely played since round 9. But given a choice between him and Parsons, it is probably a gamble I would take.

Parsons will be great but he's cooked at the moment. Cocky in his place is a no brainer as is Lang if Cocky can't get up ( Dad joke to ease the mood :) )

I certainly hope Thurlow is an in for JK.
Leaner, a better mover and a much better kick.
On the G IMO Thurls is a potential weapon, covers the ground better and the way he kicks the ball is a flood beater, flat hard and accurate.. no hospital balls that allow the target to be swallowed up by a zoning defence, no loopy kicks that slow play and allow the defence to set up around the target.

Swans likely play a defensive forward on Tuohy for the exact same reasons, so lets use who is arguably the best field kick on our list.. he was good when he came back in and in my opinion he is comfortable and confident with his kicking again after battling early in the year.

I am baffled why he was even ommited at all after getting back in to be honest.

On 9 News, Tom Hawkins says everything ok, lets move on and that he's positive our game plan will hold up under the pressure of finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much incentive above winning a premiership do these campaigners need.last Friday night is where they needed to stand up.great if they bring something special this week but it will be an even bigger indictment on there effort the previous week.Scott should be bouncing the pea hearted pricks off the walls.

My opinion of who go's out and who comes in

Cockatoo for Parsons
Thurlow for Guthrie
Zuthrie for Menzel
Kolo for Buzza

Play blicavs on Heeny
Mengola on the ball
Danger forward and permanent forward,
Let him roll up the half forward flank if he has too to get deep i50
Bews has to play on Papley "flog"
Touhy on Towers and run off
Stewart on Rohan
Lonegan on buddy
Harry on Reid
Hendo on Sinclair
Scooter to Parker
Murdoch to play on Zac Jones but not as a defensive role as I feel Murdoch is putrid when doing a role, just let him and Jones go h2h

They were outside the stadium for today's training session - maybe a few players either turned up or left with their pants stained and not wanting to talk

I certainly hope Thurlow is an in for JK.
Leaner, a better mover and a much better kick.
On the G IMO Thurls is a potential weapon, covers the ground better and the way he kicks the ball is a flood beater, flat hard and accurate.. no hospital balls that allow the target to be swallowed up by a zoning defence, no loopy kicks that slow play and allow the defence to set up around the target.

Swans likely play a defensive forward on Tuohy for the exact same reasons, so lets use who is arguably the best field kick on our list.. he was good when he came back in and in my opinion he is comfortable and confident with his kicking again after battling early in the year.

I am baffled why he was even ommited at all after getting back in to be honest.
I'd play Thurlow in front of both Kolo and Murdoch, read on Facebook he averages 22 possies v swans which is an awesome stat against a contested high calibre side. Murdoch averages less than 8 possies per game in his 6/7 finals and you could bank on a heap of clangers in them, kolo just too slow for wing. Anyway hope Scott gets it right cause he will cop the wrath if he fails again without changing things up.

How much incentive above winning a premiership do these campaigners need.last Friday night is where they needed to stand up.great if they bring something special this week but it will be an even bigger indictment on there effort the previous week.Scott should be bouncing the pea hearted pricks off the walls.

I agree with that. With gws hobbled they just threw away a GF spot. Not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back