Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five years.

When Jack gets to 31/32, Luke will be primed to take over at 26.

Exactly, we've got it all worked out:

When Swallow turns 30 he hands the captaincy down to Ziebell who will be 26. When Ziebell turns 30 he hands the captaincy down to McDonald who will be 26.

And all three will be Premiership Captains. Beautiful.

I reckon Luke will be our next captain- oozes leadership.

Was sitting loose in the hole in front of the forwards a few times and never flinches when its his turn to go.

It will be a travesty if Jack doesn't get to be the captain of this club.

It will be a travesty if Jack doesn't get to be the captain of this club.
Brad said they were tempted to do it when they made Swallow captain. Good choice in my opinion to hold back a bit, wait till Jack is well and truly established as a consistent elite performer before he is given the role. But the guy was born to do it and everyone in the AFL world knows this.

We might be getting ahead of ourselves a little with Luke but he has already shown many of the required qualities and he's only played 3 games!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LMac finds his feet.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/north-melbourne-defender-luke-mcdonald-finds-his-feet-in-afl-20140410-zqt5h.html

His introduction to the AFL was a tough one. Essendon crushed the Kangaroos by 39 points. McDonald had 14 disposals, but another 42 in wins over Western Bulldogs and last year's semi-finalist Port Adelaide have eased the defender's concerns.

"The club has made all the right choices for me," the No.8 draft pick said. "It was a big game, round one. "It was exciting to get the call-up for that. I suppose I was chucked in the deep end a bit. Essendon are a fantastic side and we were a bit off. Getting that first game out of the way was big for me. You know what to expect now."

Exactly, we've got it all worked out:

When Swallow turns 30 he hands the captaincy down to Ziebell who will be 26. When Ziebell turns 30 he hands the captaincy down to McDonald who will be 26.

And all three will be Premiership Captains. Beautiful.

Just...yes.

"Now, after three games, I definitely feel very comfortable playing out there. I suppose I've just even tried to earn a bit of respect off the players and just get used to playing with them.

"I can start backing myself and going for kicks that I may not have gone for in the first couple of weeks."

Love to hear stuff like this.

I'm going to the SCG on Sunday. I really hope I get to see Luke's first goal. It would be something great to look back on in 10 years time.

Have loved the first three games. Looking forward to a good 250+ more. Really hoping he nabs a first goal soon, can't wait to see it.

I can see it now, the boys are 5 points behind, 20 seconds remaining. All the players are congested and stacked in our forward 50, we have the ball on the wing 70m out, centre it to a free Luke in the centre square, he takes off and launches a 55m bomb on the edge of the square and watches as it sails straight past Chelsea's ponytail. Siren sounds, we win, Luke is mobbed first by LT and then the whole team. Later in the rooms we see footage of Donald giving Luke just a handshake.

I can see it now, the boys are 5 points behind, 20 seconds remaining. All the players are congested and stacked in our forward 50, we have the ball on the wing 70m out, centre it to a free Luke in the centre square, he takes off and launches a 55m bomb on the edge of the square and watches as it sails straight past Chelsea's ponytail. Siren sounds, we win, Luke is mobbed first by LT and then the whole team. Later in the rooms we see footage of Donald giving Luke just a handshake.
"There's no point kicking the winner after the siren if you don't back it up with a best on ground the next week".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back