Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure was. Especially when you have a lot of Sydney supporting mates. Or when your Sydney supporting brother doesn't answer calls, respond to texts or Facebook messages :p
My mother works with someone who barracks for Swans. She enjoyed going to work for the next week.

Swans - Full of Colcha.

I truly believe that what we have in Luke you cannot buy in the draft.

I don't mean something that he learned when he got to the club and the senior players taught him some history of the club. I mean when he pulls on the Blue and White it means something to him. Its ingrained.

There is the very real prospect that we will look back in the future and know that pick 7 was unders.
This. Most draftees support another club in their youth or if they support NM have no direct connection to the club. This kid does.

I truly believe that what we have in Luke you cannot buy in the draft.

I don't mean something that he learned when he got to the club and the senior players taught him some history of the club. I mean when he pulls on the Blue and White it means something to him. Its ingrained.

There is the very real prospect that we will look back in the future and know that pick 7 was unders.

we already know pick 7 was unders, we have known for a long time, but we are selfish haha...we always want more lol

Loads of mongrel, heaps of talent, buckets of leadership, and a hefty left foot. The Luke Hodge comparison resonates well. The thing I remember about Hodge as a teenager was that his influence spread through the team at a young age, creating a culture in the club which has lasted the best part of a decade. I think we might start to see Luke impact the team in similar ways pretty quickly. #ReturnoftheShinboner

He's showing us the intangible qualities of a 100 game veteran. I've never this before. It's like reverse progression.

Normally with a kid you get glimpses of skill and relatively good decision making as the first signs of development.

With Luke we're getting acts of leadership and Cnut the likes of which aren't normal in a first year player.

Enjoy the ride.

don't remember the particular game but I noticed a few weeks ago one of the opposition players was getting into one of our boys. The first bloke in to support was LMac as a 10 gamer!!. He's exactly what this club needed, the old shinboner spirit. On another note where do you see him playing the majority of his career? off half back or in the midfield?

Still lacking composure with the ball in hand but his positioning, defensive efforts and on-field leadership betray his age and experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like what he is producing every week, just hoping his courage is not going to cause some major injuries down the track. Surprised he didn't end up with a concussion last weekend.

don't remember the particular game but I noticed a few weeks ago one of the opposition players was getting into one of our boys. The first bloke in to support was LMac as a 10 gamer!!. He's exactly what this club needed, the old shinboner spirit. On another note where do you see him playing the majority of his career? off half back or in the midfield?

I saw it on the back flank in front of the Coaches box v Lions.

One ( of many ) of Lukes traits i like is that he is Visibly upset/angry if beaten in a 1 on 1, or makes a rare clanger, no head down, hands on hips, negative body language, determination to compete and make amends, 2nd and 3rd efforts are the norm, hopefully some of his team mates take notice.

Last edited:
  • might want to look into brother/sister selections as well, i hear joel Tippetts sister is pretty sporting as well.

Hollie Grima's going to slot into a KPF role nicely.

StylianiKaltsidouansHollieGrima-2010-FIBA-WORLDS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back