Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Luke McDonald-Future Father Son

Bottom ager?

Yep. Which will work well for us.

I'd strongly bet he will be basically training part-time with the club in his final TAC Cup year (maybe as early as the pre-season of 2012/2013), expect him to burn up the championships in 2013.

I'd strongly bet he will be basically training part-time with the club in his final TAC Cup year (maybe as early as the pre-season of 2012/2013), expect him to burn up the championships in 2013.

Wow. So a ready made draftee. Fingers crossed this all works out.

Apparently the AFL or the AIS did a test of all the top 16 year olds a week or two ago giving them a rating out of 60 for various skills and athletic results - a sort of mini draft camp. Two Dogs didn't feature in the top 25 listed. Anyone know if he did the test?

Apparently the AFL or the AIS did a test of all the top 16 year olds a week or two ago giving them a rating out of 60 for various skills and athletic results - a sort of mini draft camp. Two Dogs didn't feature in the top 25 listed. Anyone know if he did the test?

The draft camp for 18 year olds requires a player to be nominated by a few clubs (five I think). Perhaps no one else bothered knowing that D-Mac jnr will be ours.

The kid looks all that. However from what i have heard he concentrates more on women then he does the football!

The boy has the skills, but it just comes down to when he wants to use them...

On regard to the AFL's test of all the top 16 year old's i do believe he did not take part in the test's due to a minor injury.

The Age article a few weeks back said he's already at the club in a limited capacity.

The kid looks all that. However from what i have heard he concentrates more on women then he does the football!

Fantastic! Another one would do us no harm. May even run out together if he acts fast. :D

Edit: Can you imagine the publicity if both a father and a son hold up a Premiership cup. We're talking Oprah big here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

needs to bulk up, good tenacity at the footy but size occasionally lets him down. and good point about the women, but he seems to have slowed down in the last 18 months. it appears the tiger has been tamed...

needs to bulk up, good tenacity at the footy but size occasionally lets him down. and good point about the women, but he seems to have slowed down in the last 18 months. it appears the tiger has been tamed...

If his dad is anything like Lachlan Fairley's dad then size will not be an issue.

I actually wouldn't mind a young player not bulking up too much as a junior. If the talent and will is there, why risk injuries etc that can comed from bulking too early?

Let him get in the professional environment then do it.

We want him to win flags for North, not his TAC side.

A 15 year old boy wants to bonk everything that moves?

Wow, that's a surprise.

Luke, play well in the AFL and the babes are yours for the taking.

Looking forward to having our very own Brendan Goddard.

Fingers crossed facey thingy:

A 15 year old boy wants to bonk everything that moves?

Wow, that's a surprise.

Luke, play well in the AFL and the babes are yours for the taking.

From the looks of it the young lad is going to be the next Shane Crawford... will be doing his hair minutes before he runs onto the ground, taking every opportunity to dance on the footy show and will celebrate harder then Jason Akermanis.

Should be an interesting couple of years to come. ;)

good point about the women, but he seems to have slowed down in the last 18 months. it appears the tiger has been tamed...

18 months ago he would have been 14, would he not? How much of a womanizer could he have been at 14?

From the looks of it the young lad is going to be the next Shane Crawford... will be doing his hair minutes before he runs onto the ground, taking every opportunity to dance on the footy show and will celebrate harder then Jason Akermanis.

Should be an interesting couple of years to come. ;)

That and his talent are exactly what we need. Will hopefully be the final piece of the premiership puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back