Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Luke McDonald-Future Father Son

I actually wouldn't mind a young player not bulking up too much as a junior. If the talent and will is there, why risk injuries etc that can comed from bulking too early?

Let him get in the professional environment then do it.

We want him to win flags for North, not his TAC side.

Tom Hawkins monstered his opponents at junior level and was probably too big when he got to Geelong.

Have they given out the AIS scholarships yet?

From the looks of it the young lad is going to be the next Shane Crawford... will be doing his hair minutes before he runs onto the ground, taking every opportunity to dance on the footy show and will celebrate harder then Jason Akermanis.

Should be an interesting couple of years to come. ;)

Let's hope they don't beat the personality out of the kid when he arrives.

would have been good to pick him up in a compromised draft rather than 2013 (Which im assuming is not)

Woooooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!

Cracking news. Congratulations luke. You've obviously worked tirelessly and put in amazing efforts over the years. Well done mate.

Animated%20Gif%20Indian%20(7).gif

From the Chief's teepee the fire has emerged.

I'm going early on this one.

ALL ABOARD!

kochi.jpg

I'm going early on this one.

ALL ABOARD!

kochi.jpg

It looks like there may be room in the back seat for David Swallow as well. That will make one hell of a 2014 team. Always wanted back to back premierships...

he played his first game for Oakleigh in the TAC Cup today.

news on the personal front... apparently he has recently broken up with his long term girlfriend. The boy mentioned her in a interview he had with one of the local newspapers and claimed she was his 'Lucky Charm' and when she came to watch him play he got more of the ball...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

news on the personal front... apparently he has recently broken up with his long term girlfriend. The boy mentioned her in a interview he had with one of the local newspapers and claimed she was his 'Lucky Charm' and when she came to watch him play he got more of the ball...

He'll get over it. He'll have babes hanging from each arm in a couple of years and she'll be but a distant memory.

I think we need to get Zondor to part with his life membership to "The Tender Touch" for the good of the club.

I swee Lachie Fairley also bagged 4 on the weekend. (Goals, not hookers)

I think we need to get Zondor to part with his life membership to "The Tender Touch" for the good of the club.

I swee Lachie Fairley also bagged 4 on the weekend. (Goals, not hookers)
How is he going, any chance of us picking him up??

How is he going, any chance of us picking him up??

130 marks in 16 matches. 50 contested. They are better MPG and CM stats than Travis Clokes current season in the AFL.

3 x BOG's, 6 x bests

He's played an active part in getting the Jets from the lower rungs of the ladder and in to 4th position.

I believe he is on the clubs radar.

How did Luke go for Oakleigh on the weekend?

While it's nice that Fairley is playing well, we do need to keep in mind that he's a year older than most of the other TAC Cup players.

130 marks in 16 matches. 50 contested. They are better MPG and CM stats than Travis Clokes current season in the AFL.

3 x BOG's, 6 x bests

He's played an active part in getting the Jets from the lower rungs of the ladder and in to 4th position.

I believe he is on the clubs radar.

Thanks Teffy. Very impressive. Would be great to see another father/son pick running around in North colours again.

How did Luke go for Oakleigh on the weekend?

He started on the bench and ended up with 16 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles.

He will play this sunday v Geelong at Princes Park at 9:45 if you are interested in having a look. The Chargers need to win to stitch up a finals spot.

While it's nice that Fairley is playing well, we do need to keep in mind that he's a year older than most of the other TAC Cup players.

It's still a promising effort regardless.

what sort of player is he - similar to the old man (ie chf/chb) or a smaller type??? Who of current afl players would he be most similar to???

luke'reminds me of polly farrugia a super star for port colts in the sixties'he once kicked a goal after the siren to win a
premiership he kicked the ball 60mtrs against the wind in the pouring rain.
Young luke is in the same mould--go rooboys.

luke'reminds me of polly farrugia a super star for port colts in the sixties'he once kicked a goal after the siren to win a
premiership he kicked the ball 60mtrs against the wind in the pouring rain.
Any chance of a You Tube link?

[YOUTUBE]pLnSO7jB8Mo[/YOUTUBE]

There was also some footage on TAC Cup Future stars a few weeks back but I haven't managed to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back