Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

LDU love shouldn’t result in the disrespect of Jy

There’s a reason the whole club lines up beside him every week

Agree.

It’s not either or, it’s both.

I hope they can form a partnership that pushes each other to get the absolute best they can out of themselves and of those around them.

He's the league leader in kick clangers, winning the B&F in an all time s**t team means Jack s**t so go ahead and tell us to gagf while Simpkin turns it over and over and over.

His heart and courage is never lacking, I'll give him that. Still not a genuine ******* superstar though.

No he’s not a genuine superstar. And yes, some of his good work is undone by his kicking. LDU is the superstar but Simpkin could conceivably have an all aust season averaging 30 ppg, top 10 in clearances. 2 years off his prime.

Lol. He still can't kick for s**t. Are we really gloating that our only senior mid won the B&F in one of the worst sides of all time?

When anyone does something significant from Mooroopna and is a First Nations kid, we gloat and gloat long and loud

Stoked for Jy. Great speech. Really impressive kid who has stood out as someone who wants to make use of every inch of talent he has from his very first pre-season.

Really built himself into a leader and seems like the glue that keeps everyone together, regardless of age profile.

Wow. What a great opening to his thank you speech. Highlighting the ages of the top 3 in the Syd & saying how if they stick together they’re going places.

The players love him.
Make him captain.
I was genuinely surprised when Jy stated their ages as I had forgotten that they are so young. Jy in particular presents as being older & more mature.

Jy is so impressive & I love how he shows his passion for the club and team mates.

What a ride we have in store.

Some ripping posts in here in hindsight 👌
He's the league leader in kick clangers, winning the B&F in an all time s**t team means Jack s**t

Not sure what Ziebs has done to deserve this drive by

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well deserved. Really rate him and he's shown tremendous leadership in some dark times. Doesn't drop his head and you cannot question his effort.
Congrats to our next Captain.

He's the league leader in kick clangers, winning the B&F in an all time s**t team means Jack s**t so go ahead and tell us to gagf while Simpkin turns it over and over and over.

His heart and courage is never lacking, I'll give him that. Still not a genuine ******* superstar though.
This is spot on although I wouldn't put it so crudely. If we could get something for him that would be great. We need accumulators who can actually use it if we're going to win silverware.

I still maintain his first half of the season was pretty poor, the errors were pretty bad. Post noble he improved immeasurably and reminded me that he is a good player.

I still maintain his first half of the season was pretty poor, the errors were pretty bad. Post noble he improved immeasurably and reminded me that he is a good player.
Good for you. Always has been a good player, and if semantics are important, let's just say he was one of the least poor then for the 1st half of the year in a group of 22 who were very very poor

Good for you. Always has been a good player, and if semantics are important, let's just say he was one of the least poor then for the 1st half of the year in a group of 22 who were very very poor
I don’t mean it to be harsh and perhaps I did word it right but I don’t think it’s unfair to say he was poor in the first half of the season.

I meant the post to indicate how much he did improve post noble, I meant during the first part of the year with so much going wrong for the club and his form it was easy to get caught up and think gee is he not as good as we think (I admit I was guilty of that at that time) then the post noble period came and his form improved and it reminded me exactly what you are saying that he is good.

Hope that clarifies what I meant

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back