Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon eating salad with a bit of a heavy dressing can kill whatever steak smell there might be.

Lemon, oils and vinaigrettes are your best friends to get away with it.

Also, as much as Jy hasn't quite been the leader we were hoping for, I can't help but think the completely uncontrollable instability that took place during his captaincy would've hurt his ability to lead.

I still reckon he is not our man, but the heavy lifting was being done by him and pretty much him alone for a while until we injected some young talent.

That's on the club more so than Jy.

Last edited:
I reckon eating salad with a bit of a heavy dressing can kill whatever steak smell there might be.

Lemon, oils and vinaigrettes are your best friends to get away with it.

Pffft, just go up the street to “get some milk” and get some KFC in your cake hole

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, as much as Jy hasn't quite been the leader we were hoping for, I can't help but thing the completely uncontrollable instability that took place during his captaincy would've hurt his ability to lead.

I still reckon he is not our man, but the heavy lifting was being done by him and pretty much him alone for a while until we injected some young talent.

That's on the club more so than Jy.
Starting to come round to the sink or swim solo captaincy thing. Obviously it's precarious with his injury history, but the alternative is Parker or Sheezel, and I don't like the idea of making either of them the official Messiah at the moment. Sheezel knows best, and he says he's not ready, and we don't want to risk a 2023 Tom Jonas with Parker before we've seen how he goes on the field. (Junk-time goals in a GF don't count, aside from showing he can still kick a goal from 45). Jy already knows what it's like to have done heavy lifting and still has tons of good football in him as long as his brain isn't mashed any further

Starting to come round to the sink or swim solo captaincy thing. Obviously it's precarious with his injury history, but the alternative is Parker or Sheezel, and I don't like the idea of making either of them the official Messiah at the moment. Sheezel knows best, and he says he's not ready, and we don't want to risk a 2023 Tom Jonas with Parker before we've seen how he goes on the field. (Junk-time goals in a GF don't count, aside from showing he can still kick a goal from 45). Jy already knows what it's like to have done heavy lifting and still has tons of good football in him as long as his brain isn't mashed any further
Its not his brain. Stop making excuses for him

Sheezel seems to be a very diplomatic character.

He’s not going to throw his ‘leaders’ under the bus by stating he thinks he’s ready.

But he absolutely is. His actions on the field and what were shown off the field paint a very clear picture.

Sheezel seems to be a very diplomatic character.

He’s not going to throw his ‘leaders’ under the bus by stating he thinks he’s ready.

But he absolutely is. His actions on the field and what were shown off the field paint a very clear picture.
Absolutely he’s shown it - the argument is for continuity in learning the game. He’s been our best performed player over a 2 year period and has played 3 different roles, half back, half forward and then mid.

I’d love to see him play full time mid next year with an elevation into the leadership group, so he can be that extra voice in the room making comments and driving from within then take the captaincy over in 2026

Absolutely he’s shown it - the argument is for continuity in learning the game. He’s been our best performed player over a 2 year period and has played 3 different roles, half back, half forward and then mid.

I’d love to see him play full time mid next year with an elevation into the leadership group, so he can be that extra voice in the room making comments and driving from within then take the captaincy over in 2026
He is in the leadership group. He was appointed at the beginning of the season. He is our next captain, its just when.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back