AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Re-signed for two more years - 3/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t be these things if he was developed at a more professional club

Speaking of the club, when's Essendon getting the shits assessed out of it?

Get Jason Dunstall to cut a swathe through the club and get the bastard out of its arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fear Archie is going to be THAT guy.
The one that shows enough to hold onto but never puts it all together.

You know, He will have a handful of games that he has 20 odd touches ,kicks 5 goals and we will cooing over his X-factor.
Then the rest of the season, he will struggle to have 10 touches and barely any impact, period.

I wonder if Archie is a young bloke who is just happy to be playing AFL footy and does not have the edge that takes him to the next level. Can not question that he has ability and can do some X factor stuff but he goes missing for long periods. He has real concentration issues and does not transition into other phases of the game well at all. Is not a clearance player. He fumbles and his read is not at the speed. Has shown some ability to run with a player but even in that role he can have issues with staying in the play and showing the required concentration and second and third effort. He is a decent size and can use his strength to hold a player out but he is not a physical player and does not love the contest. Goes when it is his turn but does not go out of his way to ruffle any feathers .

I wonder if Archie is a young bloke who is just happy to be playing AFL footy and does not have the edge that takes him to the next level. Can not question that he has ability and can do some X factor stuff but he goes missing for long periods. He has real concentration issues and does not transition into other phases of the game well at all. Is not a clearance player. He fumbles and his read is not at the speed. Has shown some ability to run with a player but even in that role he can have issues with staying in the play and showing the required concentration and second and third effort. He is a decent size and can use his strength to hold a player out but he is not a physical player and does not love the contest. Goes when it is his turn but does not go out of his way to ruffle any feathers .
Body is willing but the mind is slow
I see all the tools of a Fyfe type mid. Not super quick but not slow. Not a great kick but he's big, strong, tall and tough to bring down

Sort of guy that if he competed he could carry some of that contested load and ends up with shit shoulders by the time he's 29.

Concentration and consistency look to be his challenge for next year

Wonder if he’s one that trains hard but doesn’t live the “AFL lifestyle” Scott referred to on his presser.

He’s big, strong and fit….runs well in time trials…..he’s putting in the work and has the ability but it’s not coming to fruition consistently enough on game days. Suggests preparation may be at least part of the issue.

Suspect he’ll sort it out and become a solid, 30-35 goal per year high half forward. He’ll never be a mid.

Wonder if he’s one that trains hard but doesn’t live the “AFL lifestyle” Scott referred to on his presser.

He’s big, strong and fit….runs well in time trials…..he’s putting in the work and has the ability but it’s not coming to fruition consistently enough on game days. Suggests preparation may be at least part of the issue.

Suspect he’ll sort it out and become a solid, 30-35 goal per year high half forward. He’ll never be a mid.
I suspect right now he is happy doing enough which can happen with the young blokes.

I mean he did refer to himself as "the loosest campaigner in Portsea" whilst on the piss so I wouldn't be surprised 😅

I suspect right now he is happy doing enough which can happen with the young blokes.
Symptom of a lack of competition for spots?

They get put in the 1sts without knowing what their role actually is or how to play it and learn on the job.

At a good team they'd be finding their role and mastering it at VFL level, competing for a spot against someone who is holding it down in the AFL, and all pushing each other to be better if they want to stay in the team.

I mean he did refer to himself as "the loosest campaigner in Portsea" whilst on the piss so I wouldn't be surprised 😅
Is he a private school boy who has never been without? I don’t think he will ever go that extra yard. Good luck to him, he’ll have a 200 game career at EFC, earn a lot of money and work on the stock exchange as an all ordinaries consultant.

Is he a private school boy who has never been without? I don’t think he will ever go that extra yard. Good luck to him, he’ll have a 200 game career at EFC, earn a lot of money and work on the stock exchange as an all ordinaries consultant.
Bit like his footy :cool:

I dont think this is a real job at all... I think you just made it up!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Re-signed for two more years - 3/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back