2008 Off Season Activity: Delistings, Trades & Draft Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Its about time they take the bit between the teeth and delist some of the draft picks that they have hoarded since wallace joined. they have been hidden on the list for years and there is no more space for them. i dont care if they are only 20 or 21 they are because they have had there chance and its time to move on.

yeah mate if they are 20-21 then why get rid of them when we could use them in the future they may turn out decent

WHO???? name them f$%^K knuckle. Delist Moore as well while you are at it. You my friend are embarrassing.

relax dude, Moore had it and it showed when he was at coburg. The ones that need to be shown the door are the ones that look now, like they did before they were drafted, schoolboy footballers that have been found out to be just what they were, junior champs, who are senior chumps. ;)

I thought we wouldn't be making a decision on delistings until after trade week. King will be shopped around next week methinks. Ideally, package him with Polo or Cass or JON or Petts or Raines to get Freo's 2nd round pick. They need players.
I think they meant we wouldn't make them public

lachlan hansen from nth melbourne to richmond you heard it here first the deal is practically done loves richmond always wanted to go there eventually and richo is his favourite player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next week with regards the Hansen deal. I'm tipping it to be just another rumour that falls through.

Have updated the contract status for a few players.

Here are the latest contracts that have been signed:
Coughlan 2009
Foley 2009
Newman 2011
Johnson 2009
Bowden 2009.

if we get hansen then thats another tall backmen to add to the stocks while all this is good, we will have to play some of rance, willy t, mcguane, moore, schultz and polak(if recovers) in the vfl. imo we just dont need him, unless we move mcguane or moore up the ground into the forward line.

I'm pretty sure Foley signed up earlier this year til 2011.
Going by the info I saw on another site. Wasn't sure and knew any confusion would be cleared up once I posted it.

Yeah Foley doing one year is definately a worry

I wouldnt think there would be too much to worry about.
I mean foley had an awesome break out year and a farely steady year the next, unlucky to miss out on all Aus.
BUT! that doesnt mean that every year would have been the same after that, the club probably didnt want to take to much of a punt! but no doubt he will continue his awesome form and most likely get a 3 year deal!:thumbsu:

I wouldn't be worried about Foley only doing a one year deal - if that's the case. If we improve the way we are expected to, he won't be going anywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 Off Season Activity: Delistings, Trades & Draft Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back