2010 AFL Grand Final St Kilda vs Collingwood 25/9/2010

Remove this Banner Ad

FARRRKKKK. GIVE US THE ***** BOUNCE ARGHH.
It was going to happen me and my brother had dreamed of such a thing. Milney kicking the winning goal and giving it to their cheer squad but no it has to go and take a right turn.
Cant believe we didnt win. Goddard's mark was just ridiculous wouldve gone down with Jesa's.
Have to come back next week so nervous even if we win it wont be as amazing as that would have been. GRR.

Oh also is Monty in any trouble people who watched on TV? He was full throwing punches with I think Johnson in the 3rd quarter. Better not miss.

Man, that f***ing bounce, thought Milney was gonna stream into an open goal and win it for us and the bastard took a right hand turn. Not to mention all the flukey Pies goals.

At least we get a chance to punch on next week.

That mark from Goddard was f**ing brilliant regardless of the result. Fisher, Hayes and Goddard were sensational, if they can play like that next week we will win for sure.

Besides say Eddy, Ray, Gram and Peake everyone was absolutely awesome. They all did some good things but need to lift a lot next week.

Cant believe we didnt get to win off Goddard's mark!!!

I had to watch on tv so i couldn't tell but apparently Ray went to Swan after half time. Kept him to 8 touches while getting 7 himself. If it's true then Farren was one of our best.

I agree that Eddy looked a little out of his depth. What does he give us that Armo couldn't do?

My Lord I feel so tired. I put a lot into this week and for it not to be finished is tough but I guess I'll take it easy and come back on Saturday. I just feel so flat, but I'd rather this than a loss.

I'm so proud of the Saints though, we gave everything despite Gardiner going down and we were terrific.

Oh, and congrats to Luke Miles.

I can't handle that again. Was in standing room behind the Saints cheersquad, when Goddard kicked that goal everything and everyone just went mental.

Any word on what happens with tickets next week?

I am bloody exhausted. I never once thought we had lost it today, not as half time, not any time in the last. To come up with the draw was a great effort though, with Gardiner injured. Just a pity that ball couldnt sit for Milney!

I really think we will win next week. We looked so much more positive. While Maxwell was complaining about the system, BJ was laughing about his holiday plans. Roo had us in a huddle, while they were sooking to anyone who would listen. We also have more leaders to turn to, i really think we will win!

My Lord I feel so tired. I put a lot into this week and for it not to be finished is tough but I guess I'll take it easy and come back on Saturday. I just feel so flat, but I'd rather this than a loss.

I'm so proud of the Saints though, we gave everything despite Gardiner going down and we were terrific.

Oh, and congrats to Luke Miles.
ONE OF THE BEST GRAND FINALS EVER....what a game....you guys played better but we couldnt capatilise on our forward 50 entries......Does anybody think that we should have extra time??????? Glad we didnt cos we were stuffed......gODDARD should have got the norm smith medal I thought......he was awesome

Holy crap, well done sainters, what a match. And Goddard seriously, I hate his haircut but what an absolute gun he was today, unreal. U lot should be well proud. Your elite stood head over heals above theirs. Hope u bring it home next week...

It just should have been!
Goddard's mark at the time and place he did it deserved a premiership.
Lenny just decided we weren't going to lose and Milney, the most hated player in the AFL, especially by Collingwood should have run into and open goal and smashed the ball into Joffa's face.
But alas this is St Kilda and if we are going to win another premiership it has to be with some pain first.
Bring on next week...now please:eek:

I really wanted the saints to win, but oh well, I believe you have finished strongly and will start strongly next week. Wouldn't be surprised if you thump them.

Lenny Hayes, what a star, surprised he missed out on the All Australian team, imagine if he wins back to back Norm Smith medals, and a premiership medal!

Here is an article I wrote on him claiming the medal.

http://www.aussiesportsfan.com/2010/09/lenny-hayes-claims-maiden-norm-smith.html

I am mentally drained. I feel like I played! Can't believe we have to go through all that again next week. It's so frustrating that if it's a draw next week then we go into extra time. For God sake if extra time is good enough next week then it's good enough this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just want to say that I take back all those terrible things I've thought and said about Kosi over this year. he was great today, especially after Gardi went down (what's the story?) Mybe Thomas is right. He should be in the ruck (more).

Just got back from the ground.. what a rollercoaster so shattered... my voice is shot.. With 5 minutes to go i couldn't help but picture those medallions around the boys necks :( They gave it everything but the poor first half cost us...

Lenny Hayes is just immortal in my eyes.. he lifted the team like no other individual could have done in a grand final.. was just so huge....

And in all seriousness, was Goddards mark, the mark of the century???? Can't believe him and lenny's performances go without a flag :S

Well done today Saints. You blokes refused to lose. Lenny Hayes was inspirational and Goddard reminded the footy world that he deserved better in the Brownlow. Good luck next week.

Amazing game. You guys just never gave up, Collingwood had EVERYTHING going for them - every bounce of the ball, every fluke that would go through the goals but you held on and it was an awesome effort. Really, really hope you guys get up for the replay!!! Good luck!

i don't often praise other clubs but i feel i have to here. your boys are total warriors and i hope you guys win next week. your players are all heart. i could probably rattle off your entire team but I was in total awe of goddard, hayes, gilbert, fisher, gwilt and he probably didn't dominate like we know he can but riewoldt is the best player in the competition in my opinion.

Don't you just love this game of AFL. How can you possibly watch any other sporting game and even think that it vaguely comes near this great game of ours.

I never thought we were going to lose all week and not for a second today...now a draw I didn't predict.

Great effort from our stars.

I am very confident about next week. The Liar looked and sounded absolutely shattered, whereas our man Rossy looked very calm and collected. What an effort with Gardy out for the second half, and the dickwit commentators didn't even mention it. I'm coming down next week if I can get a ticket. Go Sainters.

Sensational game - the saints have earned the complete respect of the football public regardless of next weeks result. This group deserves a flag before it's over. Hayes will go down as not just a legend of St Kilda but in AFL history. Goddard was absolutely magnificent over the whole game. Special mentions to Gwilt, Fisher, Jones (was terrific) and Dempster.

no. The adrenalin refuses to wash away. I still can't believe the draw. It will take me a few hours to go flat...almost flat-line after that game

I am mentally drained. I feel like I played! Can't believe we have to go through all that again next week. It's so frustrating that if it's a draw next week then we go into extra time. For God sake if extra time is good enough next week then it's good enough this week.

:thumbsu: Make that two. Well said.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 AFL Grand Final St Kilda vs Collingwood 25/9/2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back