2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103384/default.aspx

THE SYDNEY Swans will again be an active player in next week’s player exchange period and out-of-favour forward Patrick Veszpremi may be one player whose name comes up at the trade table.

Veszpremi, 21, was the Swans’ first draft pick in 2007 (No.11 overall) but he struggled to find a consistent spot in the senior line-up during Paul Roos’ tenure.

He battled injury at times but this year managed just one game for a career total of 11 across three years in Sydney

Any love for Veszpremi? Has only played 11 games for the swans in 3 years but they have a few similar types going around. He is from Melbourne so might be another home sick lad but could be handy.

sounded like he had talent when he was drafted..heard there are queries over attitude tho? wouldn't mind having a look but probably wouldnt want to give away more than a 2nd rounder in this compromised draft

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...petersons-future/story-e6frf9jf-1225931205733

HAWTHORN is considering youngster Carl Peterson's spot on the list, frustrated at his unprofessional attitude.

The former Richmond forward played 17 exciting games this year, but is struggling to cope with the demands of professional sport.
It is believed he has been out of contact with the club in recent weeks but Hawthorn hopes he will attend Saturday night's Peter Crimmins Medal count.

On performances alone Peterson would be a certainty to have his contract extended, but the Hawks are no certainty to offer him another deal.
Peterson, 23, attended his post-season debrief with the coaching staff but is believed to have missed several compulsory meetings during the year.

If he could focus on the footy I reckon he would be worth a go. With a few aboriginal boys in our side maybe we can straighten him out. Has some talent.

I've been on the Hamp bandwagon for weeks now and agree that Mitchell looks the good also.

If we're after a KP then Sinclair and Grenfell along with Hamp and Mitchell would all come into calculations for our second selection.

I like the fact that with Mitchell, Sinclair and Grenfell you're getting a KP/ruckman which is very fashionable in this day and age. Most teams now go with one pure ruckman and use a tall mobile KPP as back up.

A question for those that've seen more of him than me - could Djerrkura play BP to good effect? And I don't mean zone off and run off but could he actually lock down a lively forward?

Short answer is yes...DJ is quick, tackles like a mule and is very much a two way player. I've been calling for him to become our replacement tagger (since Ling is near the end), if that helps you understand what I'm talking about.

The knock on him, apart from the fact that our side is almost impossible to break into of course, is that his disposal doesn't have any real hurt factor, but if you were going to play him in a pure defensive role that might not be a huge issue.

Just something I found interesting, for those of you who love mature aged players....

Ryan Brabazon, former Sydney player and current Claremont player, was invited to the WA State Screening. Instead of waiting until then, he has paid his own way to Canberra and is taking part at the actual Combine. And has put up some impressive showings too.

Didn't know you were allowed to do that, but it certainly shows he wants back in the AFL.

Caddy won the handball test at Combine. Handballing for me is probably the most creative skill in the game, and so huge for getting your outside players into the game. I really think he would compliment the rest of our young midfield.

He looks to work extremely hard defensively, can burst out of a pack, has a strong physical presence, can take a mark and looks to be a good kick on his right (left isn't as good, but no doubt will improve and is allready miles better than some on our list, :()

I wanted us to pick this kid up after I checked out a vid of him, now after hearing about winning tee handball test I really, really, want us to grab him.

Admittedly I haven't got much of a clue about him other than a few minutes on a highlight vid and some talk about the place, but hey, I'm not a permanent list manager.

I know I've posted it before, but for those of you who didn't see it, here's the vid:

[YOUTUBE]JgS3FSF5N_g[/YOUTUBE]

Am currently making a cardboard sign along the lines of "Will do sexual favours for food/Caddy."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's everyone's thoughts on the erratic forwards that want to come home to Freo - Daniel Motlop and Paul Medhurst.

I wouldn't spend time investing in either of them unless Medhurst can really prove his worth.

Re: Shaun Grigg

Taz for Grigg, I am down with that, think it would be a win win for both clubs. Carlton will want a sweetener like a 2nd rounder. Not sure he will want to come to WA though.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103529/default.aspx

Clark, 22, is contracted to the Lions, but has requested a trade home to Western Australia, where he hopes to play with Fremantle.

Carlton also appears set for a busy exchange period after utility Shaun Grigg joined ruckman Sam Jacobs and former first-round draft pick Andrew Walker in requesting a trade.

The Age newspaper reports Grigg is keen to get to Richmond and could form part of a deal which would see Tigers defender Will Thursfield join the Blues.

Carlton has ruled out drafting retired Melbourne skipper James McDonald, despite reports to the contrary, but has joined Collingwood and Hawthorn in the race for homeward-bound Fremantle defender Chris Tarrant.

The Pies could pick up an extra selection in the November draft if they can find a suitable trade for out-of-favour ruckman Josh Fraser, who has been linked to Fremantle and Gold Coast.

Mitch Clark trade is gathering momentum in the last 48 hours. With Brisbane facing salary cap issues they may cut their losses here with Clark and let him come to us in a reasonable deal.

Looks like there may be a trade between Carlton and Richmond seeing a swap of Grigg and Thursfield. If Thursfield ends up at Carlton I don't think they will chase Tarrant too hard, we may be left with just Collingwood and Hawthorn to trade with.

And Josh Fraser again linked to Fremantle. Most likely will be at the suns in 2011 (I hope).

Now with McPharlin's signature, we look like this:

Walters
Bucovaz
Dodd
O'Brien
Hinkley
Murphy
Grover (Veteran)

Johnson
Schammer
Duffield
Crowley
Palmer
Morabito
Fyfe
Houghton
Bollenhagen
Ruffles
Mayne
Bradley
Hayden

Suban
Ballantyne
Barlow
Ibbotson
Crichton
Roberton
de Boer
Silvagni
van Berlo
McPharlin

Sandilands
Hill
Broughton
Clarke

Pavlich
Mundy

Rookies
Sibosado
Pearce
Shepheard

Movements
Solomon - retired
Thornton - retired
Hasleby - retired
Headland - retired
Hall - delisted

Tarrant - to be traded

Yeah , so what's going on with that... Don't want to read too much into that... Hope the club isn't shopping him round...

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back