2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

well he doesn't get much of a go and hes all over the place, but hes solid for backup ruck and he will get in and scrap.
ive not seen his back line work just been told that's where he'd be best.
hes only 21 i think and is pretty much a undersized ruck so he's more mobile then most colossal ruck types.
He can go forward and kick straight as well.
So really if they went for him I recon it would be a reasonable gamble that would atleast buy clarke some development time and let the rest of the structure stay solid in retiree transits.

My favourites for our draft are;

Parker - mid
Sinclair - KF/ruck
Cripps - BP/mid
Hallahan - mid
Grenfell - KF/ruck
Michie - flank/mid
Young - ute
Conca - mid
Fasolo - mid
Newton - FP/mid
Mullett - mid/flank
Browne - ute/KD
Hamp - KP
Bewick - mid/flank
Wilson - ute
Butcher - mid
Chalwell - KP/ruck
Batchelor - ute
McInnes - KP/ute
Potts - mid
Richardson - mid/ute
Haren - KF/ruck
Faulks - KD
Reilly - KP/ruck
Owen - KP/ruck
Curley - flank
Phillips - flank
Smith - ruck
Grover - mid
Jones - ruck
Murphy - mid

I got one right already:eek: Didn't expect us to get him in trade week more as a late drafting or rookie selection but I'll take it.

His nickname has to be "Columbo".

Assuming Faulks got 2 years:

Bucovaz
Dodd
O'Brien
Hinkley
Murphy
Grover (Veteran)

Johnson
Schammer
Duffield
Crowley
Palmer
Morabito
Fyfe
Houghton
Bollenhagen
Ruffles
Mayne
Bradley
Hayden
Walters

Suban
Ballantyne
Barlow
Ibbotson
Crichton
Roberton
de Boer
Silvagni
van Berlo
McPharlin
Faulks

Sandilands
Hill
Broughton
Clarke

Pavlich
Mundy

Rookies
Sibosado
Pearce
Shepheard

Movements
Solomon - retired
Thornton - retired
Hasleby - retired
Headland - retired
Hall - delisted

Tarrant - to be traded

Thanks IP.

Great to see Pav, Mundy and McPharlin re-sign but our best player is still at the top of your 2010 list.......

He's not out of contract, imo he signed a 3 year deal from the start.

Fixed. Thanks fellas. :)

What about Bucovaz - did he get 3 years also?

And Mora - did he take the standard 2 year draftee contract, or did we sign him up for 3?? I don't remember hearing or reading anything about him in regards to contract length... Fyfe too for that matter. :confused:

AFL.com mentioned today that Freo may get Griffin for pick 61 and Tarrant for pick 43.

I would be happy with the Griffin trade altho I dunno about the Tarrant one.

However, as someone else mentioned on this forum, we picked up Chrichton, Roberton and Bollenhagen with the selections in the high 40's low 50's in last years "weak draft" .

The article also mentioned that Palmer was in the sights of GWS.

Griffin for 61 would be a bargain. Especially as it would mean we picked up both him and Faulks for pick 55. Adelaide wouldn't be happy with it, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Now we just need to send Tarrant to Collingwood for pick 43 and Blight, and I'll be happy. Yeah, it sounds like Blight wont be at Collingwood next year but it would be a Faulks type pick up to ensure nobody else nabs him in the draft before us.

Which would leave us with draft picks 20, 38, 43 and 72.

If what I wanted was to happen, we would need to delist 3 more players in order to use our first two draft picks (which is the minimum we could do). So hopefully we look to offload the likes of Schammer, Murphy and Dodd for scraps. A McKinley type trade where we send them off for a pick we wont use, would help with our list management.

Picks 20, 38 and 43 will nab us some good talent in this draft. There is good depth to around pick 50 IMO. Can use pick 72 on a mature ager.

Would love to see something like:

Pick 20: Darling or L Cook or if not available possibly best avail midfielder
Pick 38: Possible that one of Fasolo, Josh Green, Cripps, Conca, Blayne Wilson, Schneider, Tape or Lester will be around.
Pick 43: One of the above, or maybe someone like Andreoli or possibly Harvs and co may jump early on Isaac Smiths if still available (highly rated by Lloyd).
Pick 72: mature ager or someone like Anton Hamp.

If what I wanted was to happen, we would need to delist 3 more players in order to use our first two draft picks (which is the minimum we could do). So hopefully we look to offload the likes of Schammer, Murphy and Dodd for scraps. A McKinley type trade where we send them off for a pick we wont use, would help with our list management.

I heard BoB is to be de-listed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't defend the club here. Tarrant is quality, no denying it. I can totally understand the club not wanting to part with a young player, but if Freo want 43 and we're not even willing to give that, then they're just being stupid. Tarrant is worth more than that, we should be taking it and running. No idea what they're thinking to be honest. Your club did the right thing by Tarrant and us by honouring his wish to come to Collingwood and ignoring Hawthorn and Carlton, high time we returned the favour, imo.

I guess this falls under the 'list management' criteria of this thread.

Assuming that Hall (official), O'Brien (rumours) and Murphy (strong rumours) are delisted, this is what our list looks like and the draft picks we're (currently) using;

Senior List - 38 Players

1. Ballantyne
2. Morabito
3. Schammer
4. Ibbotson
5. Broughton
6. Suban
7. McPhee
8. Palmer
9. Fyfe
10. Crowley
11. Mundy
12. Houghton
13. McPharlin
14. Hinkley
15. Mayne
16. Roberton
17. Dodd
18. Bradley
19. Bollenhagen
20. Pavlich
21. Clarke
22. Sandilands
23. Hill
24. Bucovaz
25. Ruffles
26. Johnson
27. Walters
28. Duffield
29. Hayden
30. Crichton
31. Faulks
32. Mzungu
33. Griffin
34. Barlow - rookie upgrade - Pick 43
35. DeBoer - rookie upgrade - Pick 72
36. Silvagni - rookie upgrade - Pick 89
37. van Berlo - rookie upgrade - Pick 55
38. Pick 20

Veterans List - Up to 2 Players
1. Grover
2. Rookie upgrade at beginning of season

Rookie List - 6 Players
1. Sibosado
2. Pearce
3. Shepheard
4. Rookie Selection
5. Rookie Selection
6. Rookie Selection

We're really quite tight for spots on the main list. I suspect Dodd may also be delisted, and a Schammer for a pick trade would add a little more list space as well.

Big call to delist him with only Grover/McPharlin and Faulks. Grover/McPharlin go down with an injury and we fall back on an untried 1st year player.

I don't want him, but can we risk it.

Big call to delist him with only Grover/McPharlin and Faulks. Grover/McPharlin go down with an injury and we fall back on an untried 1st year player.

What about Silvagni?

Sibo may develop enough over the pre-season and up until the point that we need him.

Dodd has to go surely!

i'd back silvagni, johnson and (shudders) even mcphee to play a better role as a kpd than dodd. also sounds like faulks is at the very least a handy stopper, which is probably the best you could say about dodd

We may also draft someone like Monaco, Chalwell or Litherland.

They'd all be a good chance of debuting in 2011.

And then of course there's Roberton.

Nah, we're fine down back, Dodd can go, it's ok.;)

You forgot Silvagni and to a lesser extent McPhee.

I'd rather see someone kick 7 goals on Roberton/Sibosado than retain a list clogger like Doddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back