Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist Megathread - Mid-Trade-Week edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So uncontracted and wanting to go home you be expecting something around 12 in this draft?

That seems over the top for a 23 year old who played 6 games this year and had a knee reco. A top 5 pick seems bordering on rediculous.

He wouldn't come cheap if he was contracted and you chased him so yeah we would ask a ridiculous price. As you would if we wanted to chase one of your talented, young, early draft pick KP's.

He would easily be worth a mid first rounder if he wanted to go home. He could hold down CHB for 10 years.

A mid first rounder is absolutely 100% fair, no one eyed over hyping at all.

Yeah he could hold down CHB for 10 years, but he wont imo.

If Varcoe was on offer I'd do it, easily.

As to this point he hasn't proven he can perform at either end at afl level, but he has proved that he's injury prone. Mid first round would be a win for us, he's certainly hasn't improved in value since we drafted him

So uncontracted and wanting to go home you be expecting something around 12 in this draft?

That seems over the top for a 23 year old who played 6 games this year and had a knee reco. A top 5 pick seems bordering on rediculous.
But he is contracted and has given no indication he wants to go home.

Signed an extension this year?

EDIT: here we are, two year contract extension.

The kid is an enormously hard worker, one of the fittest at our club. Will definitely bounce back and hopefully, with an extended run become the player we hope.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=118489

Yeah he could hold down CHB for 10 years, but he wont imo.

If Varcoe was on offer I'd do it, easily.

As to this point he hasn't proven he can perform at either end at afl level, but he has proved that he's injury prone. Mid first round would be a win for us, he's certainly hasn't improved in value since we drafted him
Now Varcoe is a player that is overhyped.

Do not want.

Duncan on the other hand.......

Didn't think that Hill + 2nd rounder for Stevens + Wilson was so off the mark.

But fair enough you's clearly know more about your own players, though do you's actually think Stevens is worth a 1st round draft pick?

Also wouldn't Wilson be pretty close to getting delisted with the amount of KPP forward already in use?

But fair enough you's clearly know more about your own players, though do you's actually think Stevens is worth a 1st round draft pick?

Also wouldn't Wilson be pretty close to getting delisted with the amount of KPP forward already in use?
Stevens has improved solidly since being drafted.

He was pick 22 (1st rounder this year), in a much stronger draft.

Expecting similar, two years on with a heap of development time put into him is hardly unreasonable.

hill's attitude ensures his trade value to you is close to zero.

this is pretty much 2 seperate trades.

hill for wilson. pretty even trade. both possible/probable delistings if they dont change teams.

stevens for second rounder. i think he is worth much more than this. most wce supporters will agree, most non west coast supporters will disagree. i really hope he doesnt leave. even if we do get adequate compo in return. will replace and be an upgrade on ebert.

stevens for second rounder. i think he is worth much more than this. most wce supporters will agree, most non west coast supporters will disagree. i really hope he doesnt leave. even if we do get adequate compo in return. will replace and be an upgrade on ebert.

He's contracted, he hasn't said he wants to leave, AFAIK, so that forces his value up much higher. :):thumbsu: Our recruiting guys are not so dumb as to send someone, who is valued, for a second rounder in a majorly compromised draft.

Rest easy people. ;)

Fairs fair :thumbsu:

Cheers for the heads up!

To make it fair adam, we'll give you Wilson, OK? I mean, we probably owe you for the McDougall trade. ;):p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can be assurred that tomorrow night this Ebert trade will be done ??

No Trevor Woodhouse in Melbourne Trade Week , just Vozzo and Daniher ..... as Haggers reckons WCE aren't really into Trade Week and I think he may be right :eek:

I am 99% sure Woodhouse doesnt have a position of responsibility at all now. There is someone in Vic that heads up the clubs national recruiting role and Woodhouse covers WA kids.

I am 99% sure Woodhouse doesnt have a position of responsibility at all now. There is someone in Vic that heads up the clubs national recruiting role and Woodhouse covers WA kids.
there were 2 woodhouses from what i can recall. one does recruitment in was as you say and i think other had to step down contracts etc due to illness. ithink its the latter that dealtwith trading but not sure.

Not sure if this has been discussed. But an article from Emma Quayle

"THE Western Bulldogs and Greater Western Sydney were last night involved in a delicately-placed four-club deal with Port Adelaide and West Coast that would help Power veterans Chad Cornes and Dean Brogan move to the Giants next year.

A number of other draft picks would also change hands, with the Giants' contribution set to help uncontracted Eagle Brad Ebert get home to Port Adelaide and ensure Cornes and Brogan a smooth passage to Blacktown."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/deal-or-no-deal-20111013-1ln8s.html#ixzz1afRU7Cpb

WC & Bulldogs love their 3way trades and pick upgrades etc. we almost do something together every 2nd year!

Not sure if this has been discussed. But an article from Emma Quayle

"THE Western Bulldogs and Greater Western Sydney were last night involved in a delicately-placed four-club deal with Port Adelaide and West Coast that would help Power veterans Chad Cornes and Dean Brogan move to the Giants next year.

A number of other draft picks would also change hands, with the Giants' contribution set to help uncontracted Eagle Brad Ebert get home to Port Adelaide and ensure Cornes and Brogan a smooth passage to Blacktown."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/deal-or-no-deal-20111013-1ln8s.html#ixzz1afRU7Cpb
I wonder what the picks will be?

there were 2 woodhouses from what i can recall. one does recruitment in was as you say and i think other had to step down contracts etc due to illness. ithink its the latter that dealtwith trading but not sure.

Yeh, there was Steve who was the footy manager at one stage but he became unwell and took a smaller role. I think he might have left altogether now.

As I said, I'm pretty sure I heard that someone has been promoted within to be the new national recruiting manager and is based in Melb. We will see & I will stand corrected.

What exactly did everyone hope for out of this trade? Mature age player who can instantly value add to enhance out premiership chances?
Personally, I think we're at the stage where this would be of benefit.
Meanwhile, thought I'd share something posted on the port board.. amusing:

peterrohde.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Had a dream last night that we traded Swift for pick 2 and we didn't spend it on Coniglio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back