Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"West Coast, meanwhile, contacted Clark's manager, Colin Young, yesterday to discuss an offer. Brisbane has interest in several players West Coast was prepared to entertain trading in a deal that would also include the Eagles' first-round draft pick, No. 23."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gram-is-up-for-grabs-20111010-1lhlu.html#ixzz1aLOacsbn

Swift, Masten & Stevens would be the players they're most interested in you would think.

If we got Clark for Pick 23 and one of those 3 we would be big winners..

Lots of WC supporters seem okay with the idea of trading Swift (I'm aware that means nothing but yeah).

There are four players on our list that no matter how they play some will always love them, while others will be of the "spud, delist" train of thought.

In no particular order:

Priddis
Masten
Ebert
Swift

May be others but I would say these are the main ones. So while lots may be okay with trading Swift, there will be a few that think it's essentially suicide.

If we are smart we would trade lynch and package what we get with him to get mitch clark. If we got clark i would struggle to see lynch getting a game at wce next year.
Why would we trade a premiership full forward, who had a great year and is best 22, and great servant of the club

THIS ISNT AFL PREMIERSHIP ON PS2 GUYS

" believed to involve Hawthorn and Fremantle"

They just chose two teams.

We are apparently linked to putting a good offer which GWS is really thinking about. If that is true I believe it is us which is doing it, would explain a lot about the recent rumors coming out the past couple hours.

They just chose two teams.

We are apparently linked to putting a good offer which GWS is really thinking about. If that is true I believe it is us which is doing it, would explain a lot about the recent rumors coming out the past couple hours.

Could just be rumours too, groga.:) There are plenty of planned trades that never get done. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahah yeah but it's trade week swannies time to get imaginative.

Here is how I see it (if rumors which have come out are true)

Eagles give: Koby, pick 22

GWS give: Pick 1 mini draft

Which then

Eagles give back: Pick 1 mini draft

GWS give: Pick 2 in the draft

End eagles: Lose pick 22 and koby

but gain: pick 2

Could work....

I'm about to get off topic and slightly sappy for a mOment if I may, but West Coast threads seem to have alot less ********s than the Freo board. It really makes the heart warm

Depending on how many players head into the PSD this year I wonder if the AFL will tighten the rules.

Seems a tactic that is becoming more acceptable, with players and managers actively participating (see Tarrant).
If anything, the pendulum is going to swing the other way.

The AFL wants clubs to let players come and go with greater freedom because they think that will safeguard against more predatory forms of free agency.

If there is an unwritten understanding that clubs, after all the haggling, ultimately end up doing some kind of deal to get an uncontracted player, be it Tarrant or Judd or whoever, to his club of choice, then hopefully the players association won't push too hard for a more wide-ranging form of free agency – because they don't need to, because, ideally, these things have a habit of sorting themselves out. But if clubs block these kinds of moves and players get forced into the PSD and then end up at clubs where they don't want to play, then the floodgates could open.

So I don't think the AFL will be intervening to tighten any rules. If anything, they'll be encouraging clubs to get deals done and send players to their new club of choice. It sucks for the club that is losing the player, but no holds barred free agency would leave that club with even less.

He said the Lions had flatly rejected Fremantle's initial offer. "They offered up their compensation pick for losing Rhys Palmer to GWS, which could be as low as No 31 this year," Kerr said. "We said no."

Geez. Explains why we are still in the running. Freo offering their compo pick

It's not like I was expecting the Clark trade to get done day 1, but Freo thinking they are getting him for a packet of Dunkaroos is getting irritating from a Lions point of view. If what's been said about WC offering pick 22 and maybe a Swift/Masten etc is true, I'd be very satisfied. Masten would be harder to get even though he hasn't hit great heights yet, but I imagine if it came down to the crunch they'd consider letting him go. Just one tired mans opinion

I'm about to get off topic and slightly sappy for a mOment if I may, but West Coast threads seem to have alot less ********s than the Freo board. It really makes the heart warm

Can't see why people have to be so negative towards supporters from other teams. But I suppose we all know what Freo are like.

It's not like I was expecting the Clark trade to get done day 1, but Freo thinking they are getting him for a packet of Dunkaroos is getting irritating from a Lions point of view.

You and us both mate. Port supporters, even their club by the sounds of the first day, don't want to give up anything for Ebert. Lucky you have two clubs to work something out with :thumbsu: we are stuck with the one

I actually think that is a better deal. As low as pick 31 this year, but probably around pick 22 next year and in a much stronger draft. Unless our player is someone they really rate.

pick 23 (2011) + steak knives < pick 22 (2012) IMO

I actually think that is a better deal. As low as pick 31 this year, but probably around pick 22 next year and in a much stronger draft. Unless our player is someone they really rate.

pick 23 (2011) + steak knives < pick 22 (2012) IMO

I do reckon they are asking/we are offering a player they rate highly. Brisbane have already said they want a pick+player for Clark. By the sounds of it, Freo arent offering any players...but who knows

With that said, I still believe a deal will be worked out with Freo. I'd be very surprised if Clark was heading our way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back