Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think that is a better deal. As low as pick 31 this year, but probably around pick 22 next year and in a much stronger draft. Unless our player is someone they really rate.

pick 23 (2011) + steak knives < pick 22 (2012) IMO

The end of first rounder would unlikely be pick 22 next year though given the amount of compo picks likely to be used.
And people who are saying how poor the draft is, don't really understand its not really the first 30 thats the problem its the depth after that.

The end of first rounder would unlikely be pick 22 next year though given the amount of compo picks likely to be used.
And people who are saying how poor the draft is, don't really understand its not really the first 30 thats the problem its the depth after that.

The 20-30 next year is still significantly better.

So I don't think the AFL will be intervening to tighten any rules. If anything, they'll be encouraging clubs to get deals done and send players to their new club of choice. It sucks for the club that is losing the player, but no holds barred free agency would leave that club with even less.
I think you misunderstand me.

I do think the AFL will encourage clubs to get deals done.

But the the PSD was meant as a safeguard and is now being exploited was my point. Clubs are making unrealistic offers and banking on players and their agents helping them to get to said club for minimal cost or no cost via the PSD.

By tighten up, I meant find away to tighten up or crackdown on clubs exploiting this tactic if it becomes to widespread. It is counterproductive under current arrangements and is the first step towards unfettered free agency.

Any chance it was actually Masten + StevenSON for pick 2. Got a feeling you heard it wrong pantskyle

No players were mentioned. The two I mentioned were speculation due to rumours that have been around for a while.

They just chose two teams.

We are apparently linked to putting a good offer which GWS is really thinking about. If that is true I believe it is us which is doing it, would explain a lot about the recent rumors coming out the past couple hours.
We're linked through one loose source on here (no offence Pantskyle), and there's been no media mentions of it. I like bagging the footy media as much as anyone, but they are usually pretty hot on these types of things.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

We're linked through one loose source on here (no offence Pantskyle), and there's been no media mentions of it. I like bagging the footy media as much as anyone, but they are usually pretty hot on these types of things.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

They don't call me Loose Pants Kyle for nothing.:thumbsu:

There's a scam going on whereby GWS try to keep Omeara .

My guess would be GWS trade mini draft pick 1 to say Freo or Hawthorn ( two teams mentioned ) then Freo or Hawthorn trade it to GWS for pick 2 in the National Draft . Pretty easy really Freo can pick Coniglio and GWS get Omeara . Freo or Hawthorn would need to give up plenty for the mini draft pick 1 in the first place however .

Seems like a waste of time and Omeara would be disappointed but that is my guess . Omeara has been compared to a young Barry Cable at the Perth FC , which is a huge rap !

I've confused myself , looking forward to the end of this mini pick :eek:

EDIT GWS want to give two picks to a club , with the promise they give Omeara back to GWS

ie A Club gets pick 9 & 38 in return for the Promise of giving Omeara back to GWS . The AFL is yet to allow this to occur but one club will get a couple of Free picks to be part of the scam !

Just a little from the West Australian , on a very confusing subject :confused:

The Giants put a proposed three club deal to the AFL last week , which would have meant trading the rights to Omeara to one club , then do a seperate deal with another and select Omeara in Monday's mini-draft .
They were told that the deal believed involved Hawthorn and Fremantle , needed more work before it could be approved , with the AFL still examining under what circumstances GWS could recoup any of the mini-draft picks.
At least two other clubs have put a similar offer to the Giants and one has promised not to pick Omeara should it be granted a mini-draft pick, so that he remains in the 2012 draft pool and therefore available to GWS.

That is draft tampering and a breach of trading rules.

I would agree not to take him and then when we get that pick for peanuts take him anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does this spell the end of us getting Simon Colingio?

We never had a chance of getting Simon, his unkown twin brother (I assume) Stephen though. :p;)

I have to say, this deal that GWS is proposing is utter bullshit. If the AFL intended that GWS would keep JOM or some other 17 year old, it should have just given them the right to take him instead of dressing it up like this. I doubt that the other clubs contemplated this sort of exercise when they signed off on the GWS concessions.

I know the thread topic is pretty broad, but it doesn't extend to the EPL or quotes from Simpsons episodes.

Boooournnnnnns:D

Very slow day so far. Any rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back