Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still cat believe Port think they can get Ebert for free. Absolute dreamers
well technically they can.

but ebert must be prepared to lose 2 months salary and pre season training and go into PSD. :)

Realistically, who really cares if we get a pick 30 odd in a compromised draft for Brad. He is worth at worst late teens so we are getting massively r*ped by Port regardless.

Personally, unless Port gave both their horrible 30's picks, I would let him go PSD and hope WS/GC took him. I wouldn't be upset that much to lose a single horrible pick if he did get through to Port.

Realistically, who really cares if we get a pick 30 odd in a compromised draft for Brad. He is worth at worst late teens so we are getting massively r*ped by Port regardless.

Personally, unless Port gave both their horrible 30's picks, I would let him go PSD and hope WS/GC took him. I wouldn't be upset that much to lose a single horrible pick if he did get through to Port.

The difference between 28 and 33 could be steep enough to make pick 33 a waste of time.

For instance we might use 23, 28 and 45 on players we have identified as sure things to last.
If we have 23 and 33 we might use 33 on the player we where going after with pick 45.

Trade Week should be handled they same way they elect the Pope. Lock everyone in a big room and leave them there until the end. Trade Week will quickly become Trade Day, and everyone's happy :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Week should be handled they same way they elect the Pope. Lock everyone in a big room and leave them there until the end. Trade Week will quickly become Trade Day, and everyone's happy :thumbsu:

I agree that is the way it should be done and I was horrified when the AFL extended it from four working days to six working days last year just so they could get media coverage over two weekends.

Nothing really happens until the last day when clubs have to pull their finger out if they want a deal to be done. The rest of the time is just posturing and speculation.

The only problem with this, is the fact that players and their agents have to be consulted.

Nah lock them all in under the 1 roof. Make it a trade expo. 18 desks setup with reps from each team. All players + managers who are seeking a move walk around and ask what each club will give. Perfect. Then the AFL can advertise "everything of value must go" "look we have 21 yo Brad Ebert looking for a home in SA preferably Port, make an offer today"

can clubs throw in extras like steak knives or ab king pro's to sweeten any deals. Like if you trade with us in the next 45 minutes you get this incredible snuggy or we'll throw in a sham wow.

just thought it might help speed things up a bit, trade week is such an over reported load of crap every year

can clubs throw in extras like steak knives or ab king pro's to sweeten any deals. Like if you trade with us in the next 45 minutes you get this incredible snuggy or we'll throw in a sham wow.

just thought it might help speed things up a bit, trade week is such an over reported load of crap every year

'Rock and Chop' or I'll put myself into the PSD.

I remember reading at the time that we were interested in drafting Addam Maric, who ended up at Melbourne. Small forward with good goal sense and good skills, taken at pick 21, but never really got it together (though, it can be hard to do at Melbourne). Would we be interested in him for a mid-late pick? I'm of the opinion that we don't have enough natural forwards on the list, so if we had an extra spot on the list, I wouldn't mind looking at him.

you guys are rumoured to be after josh hill.

That facebook group I'm sure some of you are a member of covering off season rumours mentioned it.

I remember reading at the time that we were interested in drafting Addam Maric, who ended up at Melbourne. Small forward with good goal sense and good skills, taken at pick 21, but never really got it together (though, it can be hard to do at Melbourne). Would we be interested in him for a mid-late pick? I'm of the opinion that we don't have enough natural forwards on the list, so if we had an extra spot on the list, I wouldn't mind looking at him.

He'd be a good get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back