Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The AFL has rejected the GWS mini-draft sell off and return of Picks ,.... GWS has spat the dummy and now wont trade off any picks this year instead trading the four picks next year . GWS think they will get Omeara next year anyway ,

This mini draft hasn't worked well :eek:

The Eagles might trade the PP from Port ( If we accept ) and 23 to BL for Clark ,....just speculation I think from Seven Sport .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL has rejected the GWS mini-draft sell off and return of Picks ,.... GWS has spat the dummy and now wont trade off any picks this year instead trading the four picks next year . GWS think they will get Omeara next year anyway ,

This mini draft hasn't worked well :eek:

The Eagles might trade the PP from Port ( If we accept ) and 23 to BL for Clark ,....just speculation I think from Seven Sport .

Sounds like some posters on BigFooty do actually get involved at trade week then.

Good.

Scully, Coniglio, O'Meara and pick 1 next year. That's a midfield made up of the next Hodge, Goddard, Murphy, etc. Not to mention Ward, Palmer, Davis, all the other top picks and concessions they get.

Nobody will bother watching if they dominate every year.

Will the AFL ever get it right?

Good.

Scully, Coniglio, O'Meara and pick 1 next year. That's a midfield made up of the next Hodge, Goddard, Murphy, etc. Not to mention Ward, Palmer, Davis, all the other top picks and concessions they get.

Nobody will bother watching if they dominate every year.

Will the AFL ever get it right?
Now at least they will have to choose between Whitfield and O'Meara, or some as yet un-heralded young gun.

Shiel, Coniglio, Scully, Ward and O'Meara is already scary enough, so hopefully we can do the rest of the comp a solid and steal one of Coniglio or O'Meara (if they draft him) back off GWS in the next few seasons.

Can all the clubs agree for some teams (4+) to throw their games against GWS next year so they don't get pick 1? It would be appreciated.

I think it's a great effort on the part of GWS to try what they have, but I would like to see some of their plans screw up. AFL needs to learn there's a difference between competitive/successful and outright domination.

C'mon Port, take one for the league and tank next year! Or Melbourne.

The original rules where the new teams weren't able to get picks in their first year would of solved this problem.

GC were handed generous handouts and used them in the spirit of the game.

GWS has just poached young talent after new young talent and have been given far too much by the AFL (why should they be given more than GC?)
They can poach players for 2 years and have the 4 picks which are worth possibly more than 4 top ten picks. They also get an uncompromised draft in their first year.

I hate GWS Already

Lots of ex Victorians on the GC so its an easier market. Western Sydney need success fast, or it will fail.

It's the AFL's objective that GWS are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back