2011 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So with the Morabito back out and running on the track, are we going to be able to upgrade a rookie prior to round 1? Do we have a spot available or not.

So with the Morabito back out and running on the track, are we going to be able to upgrade a rookie prior to round 1? Do we have a spot available or not.

My understanding is that we will not be able to upgrade a rookie prior to round 1 due to having 2 nominated veterans (Pav & Grover). You are able to upgrade if you have less than 2 nominated veterans

2 nominated veterans = 0 rookie upgrades available
1 nominated veteran = 1 rookie upgrade available
0 nominated veterans = 2 rookie upgrades available

The only rookie upgrades we can make will be for LTI's and I certainly dont wish for any of them this year - we had enough last year.

Was there some obscure rule created a year or two ago where a team can have one nominated rookie, and then another one half way through the season?

Was there some obscure rule created a year or two ago where a team can have one nominated rookie, and then another one half way through the season?

I am not sure but I do remember (vaguely) hearing something about it. I remember the AFLPA was pushing to have the rookie list abolished and have senior squads of 46 (instead of 38 and 8 rookies) but I think that didnt go through and they got a significant pay rise for rookies instead.

Has Grover been officially nominated as a Vet? I realise he's eligible, but if we don't have any pressures on our salary cap (and I wouldn't have thought he'd be on big coin), then wouldn't it make sense to keep a spot open for a Spurr or Neal?

Has Grover been officially nominated as a Vet? I realise he's eligible, but if we don't have any pressures on our salary cap (and I wouldn't have thought he'd be on big coin), then wouldn't it make sense to keep a spot open for a Spurr or Neal?

Neal is on the main list already. Hopefully a rookie spot won't open up until round 11 as it will mean no serious injuries!

These are the Rookies in some kind of order that I think they might get an opportunity, based on pure fantasy of course. But the top 3 should be ready to go (assuming Roberts gets his fitness base up after injury). Menegola must be close to ready also. That is four handy depth players form permitting if we are unfortunate enough to get an injury.

Roberts
Spurr
Pearce
Menegola
Schloithe
King

I like this list a lot.

With the news of the three contract extensions:

McPhee
Ibbotson
Crichton
Roberton