2012 SC Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks for the help :), also i was thinking getting Dale Thomas for my 4th midfielder but all my mates said get boyd or dalsanto instead but i havent got any other pies and i thought he is a bit cheaper and will have a good year, what are anyone's thoughts on this ?

Thomas is an interesting one. Not sure if 3 players from the one team have ever been in the top 8 mids at the end of the year but records do get broken. In any other team he would be an elite sc mid but battling against Swan and Pendelbury his scores are dragged down a bit. In saying that he definitely has the potential to score higher than both of those guys. The new haircut suggests he is keen to step it up again this year and break away from the flashy tag. I'm def considering him as my 4th mid with Swan also in my team.

Thomas is an interesting one. Not sure if 3 players from the one team have ever been in the top 8 mids at the end of the year but records do get broken. In any other team he would be an elite sc mid but battling against Swan and Pendelbury his scores are dragged down a bit. In saying that he definitely has the potential to score higher than both of those guys. The new haircut suggests he is keen to step it up again this year and break away from the flashy tag. I'm def considering him as my 4th mid with Swan also in my team.

In 2009 St Kilda had 4 of the top mids with Goddard on 115.6, Montagna on 125.2, Dal Santo on 115.8 and Hayes on 118.6. Not a bad effort, and if any team is going to be able to hold 3 premium mids why not Collingwood, one would expect them to be sharing the larger chunk of points from each game.
Everyone is tipping Thomas to take another step this year, if that is the case, then he may just infiltrate the top 10. Prob won’t beat out Swan or Pendles but he def has the x-factor to pump out some amazing scores.

Thanks heaps guys :thumbsu:, but i think im gonna go with dalsanto or boyd cos over the last 2 or so years i have had them both and they have done me very well, but thanks for the tips

Thanks heaps guys :thumbsu:, but i think im gonna go with dalsanto or boyd cos over the last 2 or so years i have had them both and they have done me very well, but thanks for the tips

I think Dal Santo has averaged about 115 over the past 6 years, so you know he is going to be consistent, and Boyd doesn't look like he skipped a beat over pre seaon and will continue on his awesome form from last year.

I've got 113k in the bank and a midfield of:

Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Hayes, Shiel, Mcdonald
Bench: Neale, Brown

I'm starting to worry about Lenny so I'm thinking I may upgrade him?? I can free up another 60k or so which will allow me to get one of Hodge, Watson, Gibbs, mundy or Montagna.

So should I Keep Lenny for now or upgrade? If upgrade, which of the above candidates do you see to be the best option?

Any help would be much appreciated guys.

Cheers

I've got 113k in the bank and a midfield of:

Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Hayes, Shiel, Mcdonald
Bench: Neale, Brown

I'm starting to worry about Lenny so I'm thinking I may upgrade him?? I can free up another 60k or so which will allow me to get one of Hodge, Watson, Gibbs, mundy or Montagna.

So should I Keep Lenny for now or upgrade? If upgrade, which of the above candidates do you see to be the best option?

Any help would be much appreciated guys.

Cheers

I'd go Hodge, even underdone last year he still averaged 108, so given he is fully fit, one would imagine he would increase that.

is prendulbury to expensive to get from the start ? i think his price will go down but not to sure

Anyone looking at James McDonald?

Proven quality player, high JS and at 106k would be a gem.

imo he'll be this year harris. he'll play most games at the start of the season but then fade off towards the end. He'llvdefs be one of the most popular picks

imo he'll be this year harris. he'll play most games at the start of the season but then fade off towards the end. He'llvdefs be one of the most popular picks

Didn't look like a player that retired and missed a year in the NAB cup, looks re-invigorated. Should be a nice cash cow.

is prendulbury to expensive to get from the start ? i think his price will go down but not to sure

I've often taken this approach with Gary Ablett, but then he's come out and averaged 150 or something stupid over the first 6 or so weeks and gone up and up in price.

That being said, there's not that much scope for improvement on an average of 130 IMO, so I certainly wouldnt be burning the extra cash to start with.

There's plenty of great midfielders to pick up from 600-650k

tom ledger ? l think its his second year should get alot more games this year.

koby stevens thoughts on these 2 as bench warmers or 5th mids.

at this early stage ablett..selwood..m murphy..scotty thompson/or a swallow
k stevens..mc donald..rookie..rookie. also looking a hodge so many choices like a kid in a lollie shop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've often taken this approach with Gary Ablett, but then he's come out and averaged 150 or something stupid over the first 6 or so weeks and gone up and up in price.

That being said, there's not that much scope for improvement on an average of 130 IMO, so I certainly wouldnt be burning the extra cash to start with.

There's plenty of great midfielders to pick up from 600-650k

It's a hard one, if he rises he will be very hard to get

tom ledger ? l think its his second year should get alot more games this year.

Should get games but obviously is a long way behind Dal Santo and Montagna.

I'd expect him to start as a sub in the early games coming on for Lenny.

Selwood vs Boyd vs Watson...pick two? (Ignore Watson's injury worries in the decision.)
I've got Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Boyd & Watson in there at the moment.

Selwood vs Boyd vs Watson...pick two? (Ignore Watson's injury worries in the decision.)
I've got Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Boyd & Watson in there at the moment.

Why so many midfielders? Gonna miss out on some cash cows.

Anyways, in answer to your question, Selwood and Boyd hands down!

BIG 6 Midfielders

I've read several different threads where people say things like "dont take player X because he wont be in the top 6 Mids by the end of the year".
I think the Midfield should be the number one subjective when building your team. Its where your big consistent points come from, and IMO is crucial to your overall leaderboard position.

So who are the BIG 6 Mids?
And who are you going to start with?

And i didnt put this in the midfield thread, because like i said ive seen several threads touch on the subject but none that elaborate. And it should be a priority.

Re: BIG 6 Midfielders

The definites are Gablett and Pendles

my other 4 would be selwood, murphy, swan, rockliff

Of these i'm starting with gablett and selwood, and i'm going to take barlow because i think he can be top 10 and at that price i'm okay with that, even if it ends up costing me a trade.

Pretty good chance the Swan Pendles & Gazza will be amongst the Big 6, so I'm toying with the idea of splashing the dough for all three from round 1. I'll go for Dal Santo Murphy & Selwood to round it off.

Ablett and Pendlebury to be standouts you'd imagine.

My others would be Boyd - i think the doggies will play a fairly high contested game and despite having some flaws his sheer number of possessions should see him reach top 5 heights.

Selwood - did this guy need any more incentive to be more of a gun? Captaincy will see his achieve even better scores this year IMO. An injury free season, leading the midfield and the team, he will be up there.

Swan - hard to ignore really, too much of a risk to say he won't be up there again. Only got 3 years left in the AFL so will want to make the most of them :)

Rockliff - Gets the possession and the tackles and loves the tough stuff. Should improve upon last year's standout season with another consistent year. Perhaps a bit more of the offensive stuff to add to his game and he'll be piling on the points.

Others to note - Murphy, Judd, Dal Santo, Mitchell, Hodge.

Pretty good chance the Swan Pendles & Gazza will be amongst the Big 6, so I'm toying with the idea of splashing the dough for all three from round 1. I'll go for Dal Santo Murphy & Selwood to round it off.
That's my top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back