2012 SC Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BIG 6 Midfielders

I think with the aid of the draw Andrew Swallow and Scott Thompson are chances to crack the top 6 for this year.

With Swallow for example he has 6 games agains GWS(2) Gold Coast(2) Brisbane(1) Port(1). Say he averages 145 against those teams for those 6 games and manages to average 105 in his remaining 16 games, His total for the year would be 2550 at an average of 115.9. There is nothing to say he will not improve this year.

Scott Thompson is known for pumping out big scores against weaker opposition. He has 8 games against GWS, GC, Brisbane, and Port to help him along.

My tip would be Swallow for a new name to break that BIG 6 this year.

What are peoples thoughts on Montagna breaking into the top 6? I believe he was there in 09 and would have been close in 10 I believe? Had a slow year last year but a new coach and system might bring him back?

Swan
Pendles
GAJ
Selwood
Rockliff

Throw a blanket over;
Boyd
Swallow
Judd (Who everyone seems to be forgetting).
Priddis
Thompson
NDS
Hodge
Mitchell
Watson
Mundy

is there a specific reason murphy didnt get a mention or did you jut miss him?

Ok so my midfield group consists of Ablett, Boyd, S.Mitchell, Bra.Ebert, Masten, Clifton with Shiel & J.McDonald on the pine.

I have 85k left in my salary, I'm thinking of:

downgrading Ebert to Coniglio and upgrading Malceski to Goddard..
Or
downgrading Ebert/Masten to Lucas (223k) and upgrading Malceski to a H.Shaw/C.Enright.
or
Leave it

Thoughts? Will Lucas get a regular gig?

Ok so my midfield group consists of Ablett, Boyd, S.Mitchell, Bra.Ebert, Masten, Clifton with Shiel & J.McDonald on the pine.

I have 85k left in my salary, I'm thinking of:

downgrading Ebert to Coniglio and upgrading Malceski to Goddard..
Or
downgrading Ebert/Masten to Lucas (223k) and upgrading Malceski to a H.Shaw/C.Enright.
or
Leave it

Thoughts? Will Lucas get a regular gig?

Honestly??? Keep Gaj and start again.

My mids are: Gablett, Boyd, Swan, Selwood, Coniglio, Docherty - Clifton, Gibson.
Have I got too many premiums? Or Too many rookies. I have tried not to put any mid-pricers in my team... Thoughts?

Anyone considering going a midprice/rookie midfield this year?

Just looking quickly over all positions I can't find enough first year guys that I think will definitely get games in fwd and defense. Therefore I've stacked my fwd and defense and gone lightly in the midfield, hoping I can get enough cash from that to eventually upgrade my mids by the bye weeks.

Also, what are people's thoughts on Kobe Stevens? I see he is highly rated, but his nab games weren't fantastic.

I think Lachie Neale was impressive but no one seems to be mentioning him. Reasons?

And is Dylan Shiel in a moon boot or is he good to go? I've heard conflicting stories here.

Just looking quickly over all positions I can't find enough first year guys that I think will definitely get games in fwd and defense. Therefore I've stacked my fwd and defense and gone lightly in the midfield, hoping I can get enough cash from that to eventually upgrade my mids by the bye weeks.

Also, what are people's thoughts on Kobe Stevens? I see he is highly rated, but his nab games weren't fantastic.

I think Lachie Neale was impressive but no one seems to be mentioning him. Reasons?

And is Dylan Shiel in a moon boot or is he good to go? I've heard conflicting stories here.

I think the Shiel moonboot is a myth.. Saw him at the NAB Cup and i didn't see any moonboot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neale is on the rookie list which would put alot of people off. He will be the first upgraded, but just keep that in mind. Looked really good in the NAB cup so if he is upgraded he will probably find himself in alot of teams.

I am really keen on Simon Hogan he got 87 Dt pts last night tagging Gazza. If he is going to replace Lingy and is only $160k. I reckon that makes him a serious cashcow option??

What do others think? I am finding it hard to fit the players I want under budget this year, need some cashcows who will play round 1.

I didn't see the game. I am getting my info from Superscout app and following twitter feeds.

@JBsuperscout Simon Hogan 4th most DT pts. Run with role this year? #lingy2012 #cashcow #dyehishairRED.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super...8803?ls=1&mt=8

I am really keen on Simon Hogan he got 87 Dt pts last night tagging Gazza. If he is going to replace Lingy and is only $160k. I reckon that makes him a serious cashcow option??

What do others think? I am finding it hard to fit the players I want under budget this year, need some cashcows who will play round 1.

I didn't see the game. I am getting my info from Superscout app and following twitter feeds.

@JBsuperscout Simon Hogan 4th most DT pts. Run with role this year? #lingy2012 #cashcow #dyehishairRED.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super...8803?ls=1&mt=8

I would not expect hogan to secure his spot this year. I think he'll play a dozen at the most. My opinion is soley that and based on the strength of cats midfield and the amount of good young players coming thru. On the Geelong board someone was mentioning that T Hunt might get the tagging role this year.

Anyone else thinking Swanny looks cold as?

Yeah I was thinking that as well. Only thing is, he isn't exactly known for pushing himself at training (which is essentially what NAB cup is for players like him).

But he did not look good last night. Maybe the extra 35K for Pendles is worth it after all.

Going slightly different than most teams I have seen on here. I have decided that my approach is to get as many of the elite mids in as I can from the start... going with GAJ, Boyd, Selwood, Watson and Hodge ( and Magner)

Yeah I was thinking that as well. Only thing is, he isn't exactly known for pushing himself at training (which is essentially what NAB cup is for players like him).

But he did not look good last night. Maybe the extra 35K for Pendles is worth it after all.

Swanny still racked them up first half looking cold, scored quite well DT wise

I'm tossing up Swan Vs Pendles to start with. Pendles is too expensive I think and perhaps Swan is too now based on his showing.

Will need at least one definitely but is it worth holding off and starting without either?

I'm tossing up Swan Vs Pendles to start with. Pendles is too expensive I think and perhaps Swan is too now based on his showing.

Will need at least one definitely but is it worth holding off and starting without either?

I'm pretty sure Swan did this last year. He just potters around during the NAB cup never really exerting himself. He hasn't had any set backs during the pre season, so hopefully he is just being lazy.

Wouldn't suprise me :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back