List Mgmt. 2013 DRAFT

Remove this Banner Ad

Would people be against taking 2 players with injury concerns 2 years in row?

Personally, it wouldn't bother me if (like the Menz) he passed the medicals etc. You can't pass up a talent like him.

Would people be against taking 2 players with injury concerns 2 years in row?

Personally, it wouldn't bother me if (like the Menz) he passed the medicals etc. You can't pass up a talent like him.
What even are sharenbergs medical problems?
With Menz it was a bit of a risk with how his brother went and his laars surgery.

Unless sharenbergs is something likely to reoccur its just a late start to the pre-season

What even are sharenbergs medical problems?
With Menz it was a bit of a risk with how his brother went and his laars surgery.

Unless sharenbergs is something likely to reoccur its just a late start to the pre-season

From the article it's stress fractures of some sort in his feet. Hasn't played since August. Has taken longer to heal/recover than expected. Clubs requesting to redo medicals on him.

Surely thats just a - rest for (x) amount of time and youre good to go kinda thing

Could be. The whole article could just be a whole lot of nothing. Doesn't seem as serious as a Menzel or Selwood injury pre-draft. I reckon it could all amount to nothing. If he did slide, Collingwood would probably take him @ 10, considering they have 6 so it wouldn't be a risk.

Could be. The whole article could just be a whole lot of nothing. Doesn't seem as serious as a Menzel or Selwood injury pre-draft. I reckon it could all amount to nothing. If he did slide, Collingwood would probably take him @ 10, considering they have 6 so it wouldn't be a risk.
Definitely, they'll be taking a slightly larger risk with 10 McCarthy or Sharenberg

I am a sports science student and bone stress reactions will take about 4 months of recovery max. for complete fractures, and that's with everything going well. The article states he can be back by Christmas with rest, if he is to slide down the order and we have the luck to nab him, I wouldn't have a problem as all as long as he is managed correctly unlike some players in the past years. I have confidence in our club these days to be good at management at those sort of things.
I'm just dreaming here but he'll fit in just fine with Sticks and Gibbs being from Glenelg
If we nab him, it'll be in the similar style as the bombers took heppell.
Let's pray our ass off and hope to the heavens.

You're missing the point. If Thorp wasn't good enough to play for these clubs, then he isn't good enough for Carlton. Their list managers would have considered Thorp v White and Thorp v Gumbleton to fill the second KPF role. Yet they traded instead of waiting and drafting Thorp with 44, 49 or 55 to fill the same role. Thorp doesn't appear to be a cure all like some of our supporters believe.

I know there's another thread elsewhere about this bloke, and to be honest, I don't really care one way or the other. But really TG, the lengths you'll go to in order to spin things the way you want to see them ...

Before the trade period, Carlton, WB, Freo, Collingwood, St Kilda and probably others were known to be in the market for a KPF. How can you possibly know that Collingwood and Freo didn't trade because they wanted a guarantee of getting a KPF (and having more control of who) rather than taking the risk of hoping that someone would be available at their pick in the draft?

The way you insist on claiming to know exactly what people are thinking, even when you wouldn't have any clue about them, completely undermines whatever quality posts you do produce.

Stay tuned to The Sunday Age tomorrow for Emma Quayle's power rankings and Wednesday for her phantom draft.

I know there's another thread elsewhere about this bloke, and to be honest, I don't really care one way or the other. But really TG, the lengths you'll go to in order to spin things the way you want to see them ...

Before the trade period, Carlton, WB, Freo, Collingwood, St Kilda and probably others were known to be in the market for a KPF. How can you possibly know that Collingwood and Freo didn't trade because they wanted a guarantee of getting a KPF (and having more control of who) rather than taking the risk of hoping that someone would be available at their pick in the draft?

The way you insist on claiming to know exactly what people are thinking, even when you wouldn't have any clue about them, completely undermines whatever quality posts you do produce.
It's not spin. Reckon clubs would weigh up every available KPF from the AFL and lower leagues against each other. If there isn't a draftable KPP available you rate, then you would trade for one. I'd be surprised if a player with Thorp's history was unavailable after pick 40 or so. They seem more prepared to take on Gumbleton and a veteran like Pods than Thorp. These two have shown the all important character traits needed after dealing with chronic injuries and being delisted.

I haven't insisted that I know anymore than those who assume Thorp is a changed man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quayle has White as a tall defender (190cm) and Everitt as a small/medium defender (194cm)

I know what she's getting at but that does look odd.

If she ranks Henderson as a forward then our genuine KPD to match up on the twin towers of Franklin and Tippett consist of Jamison and Watson.

Plus a bunch of guys that step up to the third tall role but are better suited to playing 'medium', i.e. McInness, Bootsma, White, Everitt, Duigan, Walker. That's a surplus - I expect White and Duigan will be dropped off the list in a year's time.

So, given the departure of #24, I could see us recruiting a big lump of a kid like Giles, if he's available at pick 39.

Client who is a friend of the Apeness family mentioned to me yesterday that Carlton have met with him twice since the Combine, Cant see carlton selevcting him with #13 but could be well and truly in the picture at #39 if he is still on the board but Freo & Stkilda has also shown interest as well

On the one side, we have gossip, innuendo, and rumour, none if which are confirmed, none of which you will give sources for, none of which really concerns those of us interested in finding players who can play.

On the other side we have the objective, factual evidence of Thorp's performance, his excellent record representing his club and representing the state, his growing collection of awards and accolades.

If you were being reasonable, you would see why there are a number of people here who have an interest Thorp and what becomes of him.

Yeah, that's what I do Mrs Thorp :D

As I've already stated it's not about how he plays.

All i'm saying is your argument isn't prima facie, the onus is upon you to show evidence to support your opinion, if you cannot do this then one can only assume that the other side of the debate, which has put forth evidence (goal scorers award, premiership, captain-coach, mvp), is at this stage the correct position.
I am not going to stray away from clear, logical, evidential reasoning because you and others "claim" to know something which would subvert my opinion.
Therefore until you put evidence forth to the contrary, I can only assume I am correct and thus when people post things like "thorpe would be a disaster", "beware he will cost us more than a list place", "I wouldn't draft him if he paid us" in reply to posts of the contrary, it becomes rather annoying.

It really is no wonder there isn't much logical consensus on these boards any more if this is the kind of.... stuff they get in return.

Thanks but I'll back my record and the things I know about Thorp in against the "evidence" presented on BigFooty. If that doesn't stack up against your "facts" you've found on BigFooty and amongst the other DreamTeamers well guess what, it's still the truth.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2013 DRAFT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back