List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa Whoa, I really like Petracca, I mean really like him but Parker is the second best player in the second best team in the comp and he's 21!, Two years older than Petracca. Parker will be a supreme player, if he's not already. I think we'd be madder than mad not to grab it immediately it was offered.

Definitely think he is a super talent, I was willing to give up a top 5 pick at the very start of the year for him. I still think we are in a position to be greedy though, and we would be within our rights to do so.

THEN (post my earlier hypothetical);

Pick #21: Menadue or best slider
Pick #23: Reece 'GWH' McKenzie

So, before we even get into the rest of the draft, that would be:

Hayes - Parker
Jones - Menadue
Maister - McKenzie

:D

Rahul, you with me buddy? ;)

Just saying if it was offered, I would take Luke Parker for #1 and run, and run, and run and never look back.
sadly it won't happen. If we offered them a say a pick 3 or 4 Sydney (and likely every non StKilda football follower) would likely politely decline before laughly loudly behind our back. I'd trade #1, #21 and likely more for Parker. PS. If we keep the pick, Petracca is the (only) man for me :)

sadly it won't happen. If we offered them a say a pick 3 or 4 Sydney (and likely every non StKilda football follower) would likely politely decline before laughly loudly behind our back. I'd trade #1, #21 and likely more for Parker. PS. If we keep the pick, Petracca is the (only) man for me :)

That is getting to Dangerfield trade level. I think you are overrating Parker's market value. His value is certainly behind Danger & Beams.

That is getting to Dangerfield trade level. I think you are overrating Parker's market value. His value is certainly behind Danger & Beams.
That might be the case but market value is what the market is willing to pay. I dare say that IF Parker came on the market, there would be 17 clubs clamouring over themselves for his signature. Offering #3 for example, you would at least have Melbourne offering #2. Parker would be Captain of Melbourne by December. PS. I think he's MILES better than Beams and not far behind Dangerfield who, I reckon, is top 5 in the comp. Anyway, that's just my view of it.

I would take Luke Parker in a heart beat , future leader , almost elite player already and icing on the cake ......Local boy !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Parker is a super talent, but I'm a bit uneasy about him being worth Pick 1 all on his lonesome...

The difficulty with that is Sydney will be forced to use their first pick on Isaac Heeney, and their second will be around the Pick 36 mark, so maybe GWS' second pick will be part of the equation too? I just feel that Parker and #36 is bordering on cheap for Pick 1 as, as has been pointed out, we have the golden goose here.

Maybe, if Nex's word is good, it'll be something like #1 to GWS, #4 and #23 to the Swans and Parker and an on-traded #23 to us?

So;
GWS: get #1 > give #4 and #23
Swans: get #4 > give Parker and #23
Saints: get Parker and #23> give #1

But probably not...
Holy Moly, I would be dancing until Christmas if this were to eventuate. We give up #1, get Parker and keep a pick in the top 23!! We are making out like Bandits. Sydney would have had to have been drinking water from Sydney Harbour to even contemplate this never mind pull the trigger

A few cases of this going on in here ;)

greedy-pig-web-105hh3a.jpg

Love the idea of ...
Saints #1 to GWS
GWS give saints Shiel & #3
Saints give swans #3
Swans give saints Parker
We end up with Parker , Shiel and hopefully ORouke in Feb draft.
Remainder of our picks target a KPD and KPF .

Id trade Milera for Butcher for sure! Dont see it happening though. Rekon Butch might end up at Essendon in the Ryder deal though.

16 + Butcher + Newton (Newton wanting out per Power forum)
for
Ryder + Essendon 3rd (About pick 46)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back