2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wasn't able to watch any footy yesterday. Is it worth watching the whole Port game? Just the second half? Last quarter? Any glorious moments I should keep an eye out for?

Step up step up folks!

Watch for Ollie's holding the ball last qtr - plod out of the centre and being gazumped into the ground face first.

Watch Schulz miss goals he would never miss against the Crows even if he was blindfolded and had one leg tied to the ground.

Watch Boak finally get pinged for throwing the pill, at long, long last, and at a perfect time.

Watch Ebert virtually lose the game for Port, beginning of last qtr - completely stuffs up a tackle, nek minit - handball to Menzel - ridiculously good check side angle goal. Therein laid the game.

….and many more attractions to keep you thrilled and awed.

Kochie is a master deflector, was on Game Day and rather than talking about how terrible his team is all they did was talk about Kochie, had his sunrise hosts making fun of him and power players making fun of him, then had some random video of him and Karl Stefanovic having breakfast like they are lovers.

It was dangerously cold last night. I trying to cope with the cold while waiting for a train with several Bulldog supporters. There were children wearing just jumpers with parents not carrying blankets. It was almost child abuse.

To be fair my nephew is often in a long sleeve top, no jumper in weather that has me all rugged up. He doesn't feel the cold like I do, so some of those kids might be like him.

Funny how David **** is wheeling out the age of the list again and how young they (allegedly) are.

The expectations that (everyone else) have been applied to them are now getting to them.

Here are two excellent Pittard highlights from Q4 yesterday

n55vptP.gif

EV5z1KV.gif

Got it right this time

Kock on Game Day is just drivel, same as his morning TV show. How about asking him about the decision to budget for a $2m loss going into last year.
Instead he just drivels $hit about how generous they are in developing coaches and players for other clubs and letting them go. In 5 years time they'll be saying they've done the heavy lifting in the AFL. I'd be embarrassed if he had anything of substance to do with a club that I supported.

They cannot say anything about our draw at all. They have lost to Brisbane and Carlton ffs and claim they have a hard draw.

At the start of the year the majority of people had them in the grand final. If they claim to be a "premiership contender" they should be beating the majority of the sides and be in the top 8.

Stand alone Sunday game. I just don't understand this. If you're going to have a couple of Thursday night games, then surely they should be in a full round of 9 games where there's double ups on the weekend. Why dilute an already diluted weekend. I can't make any sense of it.

I would have thought 2 Saturday, 2 Sunday games. Or if a stand alone at least make it a good one. At least Geelong are going ok now, it could very easily have been 12th v 16th.

Funny how David **** is wheeling out the age of the list again and how young they (allegedly) are.

As you alluded to, Port aren't even that young. I mean, they're not Geelong/Hawthorn old by any stretch but they're not GWS/Western Bulldogs young either. They've got plenty of experienced players. We've put younger sides on the park most weeks compared to them (as per the ages listed per game on these two pages: http://afltables.com/afl/teams/adelaide/allgames.html and http://afltables.com/afl/teams/padelaide/allgames.html ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Step up step up folks!

Watch for Ollie's holding the ball last qtr - plod out of the centre and being gazumped into the ground face first.

Watch Schulz miss goals he would never miss against the Crows even if he was blindfolded and had one leg tied to the ground.

Watch Boak finally get pinged for throwing the pill, at long, long last, and at a perfect time.

Watch Ebert virtually lose the game for Port, beginning of last qtr - completely stuffs up a tackle, nek minit - handball to Menzel - ridiculously good check side angle goal. Therein laid the game.

This was actually one of the best tackles I have seen this season. Actually looked to hurt Wines, which is no mean feat, along with being a perfect tackle.

Boak was a bit unlucky, it was almost a legging, prob 50/50 that one.

You didn't mention Pittard's HTB's ... how many were there, at least 3?

The best part of the game was the kick to the ump tho.

See it all the time.(1993 prelim? ) You guys have had your time in the sun, go bleat on your own board , we can't do anything about your problems.

And the 2012 prelim. Adelaide has been getting screwed since day 1, it never changes and no one at the club dare speak up for being called a sore loser. Suck it up port, this is what happens when you don't have an armchair ride through the season like 2014

I don't get the sooking about the call on Colquhoun's "mark". Simpson clearly touched it and the other umpire didn't initially hear the call. The rules state it must be a ball up. Murphy was right on his hammer and about to tackle so it would likely have resulted in a ball up anyway.

I can understand Port fans complaining about the umps yesterday, but then they can't have a go at other teams for doing the same.

To me tho, the fact that it appeared the did get the rough end of the pineapple a few times just makes the whole thing all the funnier and more satisfying, it's like all the hens have come home to roost ... if that's the right saying for it.

The best thing is my long suffering Carlton supporter friend in Adelaide, who has been in despair this season being stone motherless last and friendless, even he can stick it up 'em!

Watch the whole thing. It's worth it. Look for Pittard's numerous holding the balls
Pittard clangers are throughout the game. The Boak throw is in the dying stages of the game. Hartlett's pass to the umpire is in the 2nd Q I think.
Watch it all. Seen several Power supporters this morning looking very bleary eyed. One lady with a very respectable job even admitted she took to the drink. None of them could quite a put a finger on what went wrong either...they're very confused.
Step up step up folks!

Cheers all. Just finished the game and it even better than I imagined! :D

Mitchell! Pittard! Schultz! The anger of the Port crowd! Almost too much excitement for a Sunday morning.

And the 2012 prelim. Adelaide has been getting screwed since day 1, it never changes and no one at the club dare speak up for being called a sore loser. Suck it up port, this is what happens when you don't have an armchair ride through the season like 2014

Game we lost at Victoria Park vs Collingwood by 1pt, whatever year it was. That was the definition of robbery. The whole day we were robbed blind but looked like we might win despite everything. Then, from memory Pittman took a blatantly fair mark in the square very late in the last quarter which wasn't paid. That one still burns me.

Does anyone else remember that game?

"Good teams beat umpiring" - T. Chinever

How about "good teams beat the worst team in the league"?

Was it his quote about existing to win premierships? He got lucky being part of an era where they had a very talented list (I suffered thru enough SANFL Magpies premierships to know all too well) ... he really needs to retract that bs about the club tho because it is embarrassing them and is a weight on their shoulders that they can't handle.

The best thing about Port losing yesterday is even the Freo and West Coast fans over here are loving it. For some reason everyone just despises and has no respect for the Powaaaah .... let's be honest, there are a plethora of reason!!!

tumblr_inline_nexm1kSkXa1qbbo17.png

Kochie was on gameday. When responding to what he thought was wrong with Port and what they had to do it sounded like he had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. "just need to try harder....need to work through it....need to stick together..." god it was one of the most pathetic 'interviews' I have ever seen. So cringeworthy.

Kochie was on gameday. When responding to what he thought was wrong with Port and what they had to do it sounded like he had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. "just need to try harder....need to work through it....need to stick together..." god it was one of the most pathetic 'interviews' I have ever seen. So cringeworthy.

Neil Craig answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back